Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Got three Catrice nail polishes today for 50% off :D The pharmacy between BOI and Ulster Bank on O'Connell Street have loads reduced to make way for new colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I love reading all these nail polish posts but I have no nails worth talking
    about :(

I just started using this http://www.witchcraftnails.com/rockhard.php and taking biotin. Here's hoping they work and I can use all the polishes I keep buying

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Loads of essence and cattice reduced in Wicklow town as well if anyone is around there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

jos28 wrote: »
    I love reading all these nail polish posts but I have no nails worth talking
    about :(

I just started using this http://www.witchcraftnails.com/rockhard.php and taking biotin. Here's hoping they work and I can use all the polishes I keep buying

Best of luck! I used to bite my nails and once I stopped the world was my oyster!
    Do you bite yours or are they just brittle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I don't bite them, they are just paper thin. I do all the things I am supposed to do, I wear rubber gloves doing housework, I use loads of hand cream, cuticle oil etc but no luck. I've tried dietary supplements, I'm convinced it's just the luck of the draw - people have weak nails the same way that others have fine hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wore this a few weeks ago, Essie Luscious Lips. Very pretty. This is 3 coats but you could wear two for a slightly translucent look. Not streaky which was a surprise for me and Essie polishes.

8396599621_32fd7e2331.jpg

Then this, Essence Snow White. Lasted really well, got about a week out of it before it began to chip along the tips.

8397685810_06b40f2698.jpg

And just applied this -Butter London Disco Biscuit (Pink) and West End Wonderland (Gold).

8396599829_a4c7e4cb8f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Thanks to MissFlitworth I got my order from ebay all for I think 9 euro! I got flocking powder, dotting tools, nail art brushes, silver diamondy things, coloured diamonds and some pearls.

237962.jpg

So I tried some monsters inc. nails. Yes the purple isn't the right shade but you gotta work with what you got :rolleyes:
    I must say though I dunno is it the flocking powder or the polish beneath but this was nothing like the Ciate velvet manicure. The Ciate manicure lasts a week on my nails even with my hands in water all day and I dont find dust and fibers and dog hairs (I'm a dog groomer) sticking to my nails all day. As soon as I did the monsters inc. mani well firstly EVERYTHING stuck to my nails and I went to the cinema after doing them so literally three hours later there was barely any flocking powder left :(
    I'm gona give it another go with a different design so we shall see!

237963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Hi pretty ladies.

Here are my "Marble water art" nails :)

If anyone wants to know how to do it go to YouTube loads of videos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

mccabes in citywest have essence vintage collection in stock :) picked up a silver polish with pink sheen and the two nail art kits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm going on a hunt for the new essence on monday :)

Stargirl what is flocking powder? And those nails are faboosh :)

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    Stargirl what is flocking powder? And those nails are faboosh :)

It's the powder stuff you use to get velvet nails. It's bits of teeny fibres like on flock wallpaper. I'd say if you google it or even google images you'll get a better idea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Pennys Mary St also has the new essence range.

TkMaxx in Carrickmines has a good few new Orly and OPI sets in including the James Bond Skyfall sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

DeltaWhite wrote: »
    Hi pretty ladies.

Here are my "Marble water art" nails :)

If anyone wants to know how to do it go to YouTube loads of videos :)

I have seen this lots of times before but never tried it. You did it really well! I must try it at some stage.

Cupcake Nails :D

238136.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I was in Sallys today and OPI Man with the Golden Gun was reduced to £8.00!

Jealous of all of you who have the new Essence Vintage polishes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I was in Sallys today and OPI Man with the Golden Gun was reduced to £8.00!

Jealous of all of you who have the new Essence Vintage polishes :(

:eek: Where abouts is that sally's??

All the Christmas stock was cleared out of my nearest Sally's, do some places still have sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    :eek: Where abouts is that sally's??

All the Christmas stock was cleared out of my nearest Sally's, do some places still have sales?

It was in Newry!

It was in Newry!

Not quite as close as I'd hoped :P

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭kittyclaws

Hello! I've been lurking for tru the last few pages drooling over some of the pics, and I want to share my haul from today!
    I found two amazing deals in the Square, Tallaght. The Body Talk nail bar on the 2nd level is selling off Konad Gold sets for 30euro, they usually retail at 100!
    Then I went to Debenams, and they are selling off all the damaged Nails Inc sets for half price, with an extra 10% off at the till (only the boxes are damaged, the polishes are fine). So I got 8 beautiful full size bottles for 27euro :p

Delighted with my finds! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Do any of you polish addicts know a good matte top coat?? Lovee matte polishes, but obviously don't want to have to buy one in every colour :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Do any of you polish addicts know a good matte top coat?? Lovee matte polishes, but obviously don't want to have to buy one in every colour :)

I have an essence one that's great, not sure if it's still on sale because I bought it a year ago but if it is it'll only cost about €2

I have an essence one that's great, not sure if it's still on sale because I bought it a year ago but if it is it'll only cost about €2

I don't think essence still sell the matte top coat but claires do one (approx. €4) and rimmel (approx. €6).

UAE1+%2528joulu2010%2529+541.JPG

BBOTD1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Perfect thanks guys!

Any reviews on the rimmell one? I'll probably pick it up tomorrow anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Recent additions :)

Orly Decoded; Nicole by OPI A Million Sparkles; OPI Pirouette My Whistle; My Very First Knockwurst; China Glaze It's a Trap-Eze; 4 from the China Glaze Bitz n Pieces collection

IMG_20130125_214026.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

my nails are currently naked as I painted them last night and hated the result and couldn;t be bothered re doing them - I feel naked without polish on!

I did a baaaad thing on Friday bad bad Dark Phoenix who is already banned from buying more polishes....ordered the OPI Mariah collection off littlewoods :o hasnt arrived yet I am all impatient now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have just purchased the four new Essence Polishes and the top coat. (still on the hunt for a base coat). Now to build up the energy to go wash my hair so I can paint my nails!

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Perfect thanks guys!

Any reviews on the rimmell one? I'll probably pick it up tomorrow anyways :)

I have the rimmell one myself and it works fine, takes a little while for the matte effect to show up but it's the same as waiting for it to dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I've had Deborah Lippmann's Lara's Theme on my nails for the past week, am now digging through my melmer to decide on a new color!
    larastheme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I haven't purchased one nailpolish this year!!! :eek: I'll have to have a look around and see but I've really cut back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Wearing Polish today foe the first time in over a month due to new job and having to have my nails super short:(
    F
    makes me feel a lot better than it probably should, even if I have to take it off again tonight:(

Advertisement