Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

If anyone out there has weak nails, I swear by Vaseline Hand & Nail Cream. I havent found anything yet that can make them strong like Vaseline :) I'm sure there are 100's of products out there that do the same job, but just FYI for anyone who is struggling with weak nails like I was. Give it a try and see how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Essie+Skirting+The+Issue+2.JPG

Currently wearing Essie Skirting the Issue. Love it, it's kind of a vampy, gothy dark red.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

OMG!!!!!! has anyone seen this! http://www.joannelarby.com/1-beauty/hugs-kisses/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Amazing!!! I really want those toppers, especially the red hearts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I want those so much! way cheaper then the opi minnie mouse one with the hearts too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Bizarrely enough, because we don't normally see any of the new collections till many, many months after they're released, I saw those Hugs & Kisses things in Penneys on Mary Street last week when I ran in to buy an emergency umbrella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

That is too adorable! But it does remind me I have the OPI Minnie Mouse polish with the little hearts that I should use for Valentine's Day... I mean, if I am ever going to use it, that is the day to whip it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Im dying to get my hand on the collection the stickers, the toppers the polishes oh my!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

please dear essence fairies bring the little hearts nail polish toppers to by local chemist today :)

Had banned myself from buying any more polishes last week but oh I give up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

please dear essence fairies bring the little hearts nail polish toppers to by local chemist today :)

I'm on a cosmetics ban too, but I might have to nip into Penneys on the way to work tomorrow to see if they have the wee hearts topper! Too cute to leave behind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

There is no such thing as a polish ban, it is impossible.

I have a dilemma polish peeps (and it is only likely to get worse). I am applying for the IEC Canada working hols yokie. Am hoping to move end of this year/beginning next, when I have saved enough (buying polishes affects that I'll admit! :o). I don't know what to do about my polish collection when I move?!?! How do I decide what to bring and what to leave, or to leave them all :eek: or to bring them all (just think of excess baggage charges!)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

hdowney wrote: »

I have a dilemma polish peeps (and it is only likely to get worse). I am applying for the IEC Canada working hols yokie. Am hoping to move end of this year/beginning next, when I have saved enough (buying polishes affects that I'll admit! :o). I don't know what to do about my polish collection when I move?!?! How do I decide what to bring and what to leave, or to leave them all :eek: or to bring them all (just think of excess baggage charges!)

You should bring the ones you use the most, and maybe one of each type of polish - glitter, jelly, neon, matte, creme, and a couple of different top coats. And a few different colours, like nude, red, blue, whatever you like. :) So then you have enough polishes to mix and match and you'll be able to do different combinations.

If it's a working holiday, it will only be for 1-2 years, right? Then I'd bring a few of your favorites but not the whole stash because you will definitely be picking some up over there! I did a working holiday in Ireland and went over with 2 polishes and came back with about 2 dozen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Bring a few classics that will go with anything. If it was me I would bring a dark purple, a vampy red and a nude. Then I'd buy anything/everything else over there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I bought Barry M Blood Orange today thinking it was red (:rolleyes:)... have it on my toes at the mo, 3 layers and it is red! :D 1 layer and it is a reddy orange colour but it's buildable to a nice red! Saw some lovely colours in the Barry M and Essie displays while I was in Boots so may have to go back and have more colourful toes!

If it's a working holiday, it will only be for 1-2 years, right? Then I'd bring a few of your favorites but not the whole stash because you will definitely be picking some up over there! I did a working holiday in Ireland and went over with 2 polishes and came back with about 2 dozen!

It is a two year working holiday visa, but the prospects of permanent residency..... Suppose I'd get the rest shipped if that was the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

If anyone is looking for the new Essence collections in Cork City, Dunnes has the Vintage one (1st floor, way at the back behind the nightwear). Penneys has the Hugs n Kisses one downstairs by the tills (but no sign of the red glitter topper :( ) and the Vintage one upstairs near the other tills.

Question for Dublin people, is the Sallys on Drury Street just for people buying wholesale or can anyone wander in and buy stuff? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Question for Dublin people, is the Sallys on Drury Street just for people buying wholesale or can anyone wander in and buy stuff? Thanks

Anyone can buy in there but one of the sales staff can be a bit iffy about it. Happy polish shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Penneys has the Hugs n Kisses one downstairs by the tills (but no sign of the red glitter topper :( )

That blog post that ladypip linked to about the collection says the red topper won't be available in Ireland :(

tomissex wrote: »
    That blog post that ladypip linked to about the collection says the red topper won't be available in Ireland :(

WHHHHAT Why?!?! No fairs

• Advertisement

It is a two year working holiday visa, but the prospects of permanent residency..... Suppose I'd get the rest shipped if that was the case!

I've thought about this particular issue (potentially moving to Ireland permanently) and with my whole stash, well, it's just too heavy to bring all at once! So if you visit home, grab more, or if family/friends visit you, have them bring some as well. Shipping it all would not only be way expensive, but the potential for polish disaster is very high! I recommend individually wrapping bottles with bubble wrap or stuffed in socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Is there a Sally's Salon services in Galway city?

Only just realised I posted this in the cosmetic thread earlier :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Is there a Sally's Salon services in Galway city?

Only just realised I posted this in the cosmetic thread earlier :o

I'm pretty sure there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

tomissex wrote: »
    WHAT!?

That is so unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    I don't think essence still sell the matte top coat but claires do one (approx. €4) and rimmel (approx. €6).

Thanks for posting up about matt top coats. I never knew about this so I got the Rimmel one on Friday and put it over Essence English Rose last night and the result is lovely. I want to try it with all my polishes now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Quite messy nails I have on at the moment. Due to my work I can't paint my nails or have them long so this is the first time I've painted my nails since Christmas!! :eek::eek:

Also I have some more swatches of the Glossfinity range on my blog if you want to check it out. I can link my blog up here but I'm not really sure what the rules on that is? :) otherwise just pm and I'll link you it :)

8Im0XZMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

I'd love a tutorial on the dark colour you used and how you get the perfect stripes thanks could you pm your blog to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

oh thanks so much :) I never though to do a tutorial but I can do one on the blog if you'd like? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just a mod note about the mention of blogs, the mods are discussing it now to make a final rule clear for all posters :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I went to Pennys in Dundalk hoping to get anything from the new Vintage collection or the Hugs and Kisses, they had none of those collections in :mad:

I got some cuticle remover gel, orange wood sticks, a dotting tool, drying spray, a shimmer top coat and a glow in the dark top coat! The glow in the dark one only works in UV light though, so I don't know what it's like yet! :(

Advertisement