Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Twee. wrote: »
    Just a mod note about the mention of blogs, the mods are discussing it now to make a final rule clear for all posters :)

Thanks a million Twee. I figured there would be a rule about it. If you let me know whenever the decision is made i'd appreciate it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Next sticky regarding blogs at the top of the page now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Bit of news - Catrice has revamped their polish line, some are new names and some are clearly very new pretty coveted (I MUST HAVE THEM ALL) colours.

Enjoy !

http://www.catrice.eu/products/nails/nail-polish/detail/product/ultimate-nail-lacquer-01-18.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Bit of news - Catrice has revamped their polish line, some are new names and some are clearly very new pretty coveted (I MUST HAVE THEM ALL) colours.

Enjoy !

http://www.catrice.eu/products/nails/nail-polish/detail/product/ultimate-nail-lacquer-01-18.html

buy-all-the-nail-polish.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My leopard Gelish nails from Tropical Popical I got last week before I went to Canada.

Nail art is great but the application overall isn't great, chips on my index finger after a few days. After 10 days, a lot are kind of peeling at the sides which I have never had with my normal salon which uses Shellac and Geleration.

Wtf0zid.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

This is essence redvolution - lovely colour and very inexpensive. Only draw back is it chipped vey quickly despite top coat :(

1356E6D3-340E-418D-A406-DB6186634252-17236-000022697525460C_zps762c5503.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

China Glaze 'Whirled Away' over Collection 2000 Hot Looks 'Dynasty'. In love with this combo!

727945454.jpg?key=815605&Expires=1360184777&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=qhmXfTsTWWrhm7DRnjhOZekbzJpIgNjFFxjU~5jIUccCmqnwKvL1JwyjYbjOzaQgjeRlPa6ghSgE7V9i5YCcLX7G3aMKVVHmWg8K03ZpYZDc8taNGTrSL3KvR37hXaN48TjUghyMqVEhxGlEQ2LTsWD8~QoKbJRyZhC2ovXlk~4_

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭kittyclaws

I went to Dundrum yesterday just to check their Catrice collection, but they didn't have a very big choice, so I accidentally went into House of Frazer and bought Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. It's my first DL polish and I'm in love, it applies beautifully, but I can't really justify paying €19 a bottle. One is enough (for now!)

Half price Catrice nail polishes in Palmerstown pharmacy!

King of Greens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

color-club-halo-hues-2013.jpg

Color Club released 6 new holographics to their Halo Hues collection. I ordered the set off Amazon, and I think it's out their on eBay as well. They released it early to distributors for some beauty conference and so officially it's only up for pre-sale right now. So far I've worn just the purple one and it's pretty awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I ordered three of those color clubs last night..The purple, the blue and the amber..I can't wait for them to come!

i've gone on a bit of a spree this week..I think I'm waiting on about 20 bottles to come:eek: Got some of the opi euro-centrale collections, the china glaze avant garden, the color clubs and some indies!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

here's my val day nails. i used ciate strawberry milkshake and leighton denny best seller. I flocked the hearts to try out my flocking powder again so wana see how long that lasts!

240331.jpg

240332.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My nails are currently this deep red Chanel colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My nails I did earlier :)

IMG-20130203-WA0002.jpg

Pythia wrote: »
    My leopard Gelish nails from Tropical Popical I got last week before I went to Canada.

Nail art is great but the application overall isn't great, chips on my index finger after a few days. After 10 days, a lot are kind of peeling at the sides which I have never had with my normal salon which uses Shellac and Geleration.

My friend had her nails done here on Friday. The shape was good but the polish was very streaky unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My nails I did earlier :)

How did you do th chains?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So work destroyed my nails today :-(
    Two are broken right down onto the skin so it looks like I'll have to cut all the nails and do something about those two.

Anyone have any recommendation of how to look after them? And of a good colour I could use on my nails that won't make them look as horribly short as they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Pythia wrote: »
    How did you do th chains?

They are just little stickers I got in a set with some polishes in tk maxx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

shanna83 wrote: »
    China Glaze 'Whirled Away' over Collection 2000 Hot Looks 'Dynasty'. In love with this combo!

That's gorgeous. The glitter almost looks like flowers to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

My Valentines Nails :D OPI - Vodka and Caviar with a ring finger accent of Burtter London - Fairy Cake and GOSH Nail Glitter in Silver.

5031998e75f211e2a9d822000a9e29af_7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

And of a good colour I could use on my nails that won't make them look as horribly short as they will.

I don't like long nails (on me, they look fab on other people) so mine are always short and reds and vampy dark colours (blue-black, really dark greens etc.) look really elegant on them. If you're on Instagram have a look at 'zoyanailpolish', most of their dark manicures (actually - a lot of their manicures full stop) are pretty short.

Wanted a nude polish that gave me a gel-ish type of look so picked up OPI Barre My Soul today, really like it, nails look lovely and healthy and shiny

4752810a-49df-4455-8791-efd3aea933b2_zps40d35815.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OPI-Danke-Shiny-Red.jpg

Not my picture but currently have this on my toes.

OPI - Danke Shiny Red

Not my picture but currently have this on my toes.

OPI - Danke Shiny Red

I almost went for this yesterday for my toes as well :p But grabbed The Spy Who Loved me instead!

OPI-The-Spy-Who-Loved-Me.jpg

and I have Deborah Lippmann's Single Ladies on my fingers

deborah-lippmann-fall-2011-single-ladies.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Ahhhh nooooo a disaster my polish remover pads dried out!!!!!

ladypip wrote: »
    Ahhhh nooooo a disaster my polish remover pads dried out!!!!!

Couldn't you just pour some remover on them to resoak?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I didnt have any remover either. I was a complete disaster. A new polish to try and no remover for the old polish. All sorted now though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Been lurking for a few months, time to post I suppose! :pac:

I realised after borrowing some nail polish from my sister that I bite my nails a LOT less while wearing it. So, I'm hoping that if I keep wearing it, I'll stop biting them til they get nice and healthy.

I bought the following two today, currently wearing the darker one at the moment and I love it.

Not my pics, my nails are disgusting. :pac:

wjjtwj.jpg

e9u80o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Long time lurker, 1st time poster on this thread..just picked up some cute nail stickers in penneys along with some French nail polish

2uzcynr.jpg

(Thanks esoteric for advice on how to post pic!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Long time
    lurker, 1st time poster on this thread..just picked up some cute nail
    stickers in penneys along with some French nail polish

Sorry any advice on how to post picture?? :/

If you go to tinypic.com, upload the pic there, and copy the second code ( it starts like [ img ] ), then paste it here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Currently wear Barry M mint green with a coat of china glaze it's a trap-eze!

Advertisement