Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

im not normally a fan of crackle but I got the barry M croc effect in black yesterday and its amazing stuff it looks fabulous! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

im not normally a fan of crackle but I got the barry M croc effect in black yesterday and its amazing stuff it looks fabulous! :)

I wore my silver crackle for the first time in aaages the last week and I got loads of compliments on it! Must use it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

spring time nails. the green is NYC Mint Macaroon and Dare to Wear white for the dots.

241628.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Got these in Galway at the weekend, the L.A Colours were €1.99 each and the Catrice was around €1.50

L.A Colours - Fiji Purple

cats41.jpg

L.A Colours - Force - http://lacquediction.blogspot.ie/2011/09/la-colors-force.html

L.A Colours - Radiation - I tried this on my nail tonights and it's very very sheer, you'd need a good 5-6 coats to get decent coverage I'd say. After seeing how sheer it is I took it off and decided I'd do it at the weekend when I have more time to wait for each coat to dry.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DZq6IrF5rzs/TB-Pxj0NkhI/AAAAAAAACMQ/CRlLfciCGiw/s1600/100_2645.JPG

Catrice - Virgin Forest

testbericht-pe583tip5z401338468993.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this now - Barry M Pink Flamingo. LOVE IT!

barry+m+pink+flamingo+5.jpg

(Pic from http://nailzcraze.blogspot.ie)

I used Butter London PDQ Top Coat - it is fab! Went to bed shortly after applying and no sheet imprints in the morning!! Nails are glossy and hard as... well... nails!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

My rainbow nails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Valentina wrote: »
    Wearing this now - Barry M Pink Flamingo. LOVE IT!

(Pic from http://nailzcraze.blogspot.ie)

I used Butter London PDQ Top Coat - it is fab! Went to bed shortly after applying and no sheet imprints in the morning!! Nails are glossy and hard as... well... nails!
    I have it on too. Pink Flamingo is great! Reminds me of the Shellac colour Tropix.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Can anyone recommend a good, opaque, non-streaky white nail polish? One that only needs one coat and could be used for French manicures, nail art and on it's own too. A sort of creamy white, preferably. I might be asking for too much but for some reason buying a white nail polish feels like a risky business. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Can anyone recommend a decent top coat please? Something that dries quickly and isn't too expensive.

I've tired various top coats over the past few weeks and everyone of them had smudged when I've gone to bed/tipped my nails off a towel etc.

I can't remember what top coat I was using before but it was amazing, dried within two minutes with no smudging in bed/doing house work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent top coat please? Something that dries quickly and isn't too expensive.

I've tired various top coats over the past few weeks and everyone of them had smudged when I've gone to bed/tipped my nails off a towel etc.

I can't remember what top coat I was using before but it was amazing, dried within two minutes with no smudging in bed/doing house work etc.

I'd recommend either Sally Hansen - Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat or Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

this is Nostalgic Lacquer, Bitchcraft
    Got this in a swap from a girl in the US

I so adore this polish!

20130216_170238%255B1%255D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Toast4532 wrote: »

Sally Hansen Insta dy for the win, its around 5:50 and its brill!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

suomi wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good, opaque, non-streaky white nail polish? One that only needs one coat and could be used for French manicures, nail art and on it's own too. A sort of creamy white, preferably. I might be asking for too much but for some reason buying a white nail polish feels like a risky business. :p

Opi Alpine White.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Pythia wrote: »
    Opi Alpine White.

or seche porcelain, it's easier to apply than alpine white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Q for you experts - do you put cuticle oil on before or after varnish?

Q for you experts - do you out cuticle pop on before or after varnish?

What's cuticle pop? If it's something to remove cuticles then do it before you apply polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

What's cuticle pop? If it's something to remove cuticles then do it before you apply polish.

Grrr! Phone typo.

Cuticle oil. I clicked into one of the OPI pictures and it seemed to suggest putting it on after the topcoat.

Grrr! Phone typo.

Cuticle oil. I clicked into one of the OPI pictures and it seemed to suggest putting it on after the topcoat.

Oh right! Yes put on cuticle oil after you've finished your manicure :)

Pythia wrote: »
    I have it on too. Pink Flamingo is great! Reminds me of the Shellac colour Tropix.

Yeah you're right it's a great match for it.

Wearing this now - Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream.

DSC01755.jpg

(Image from http://www.kelliegonzo.com)

I temporarily lifted my spending ban to pick up these Essence polishes.

Mrs & Mr Glitter
    4.jpg
    (Image from leptirich.com)

Off To Miami
    neu-essence-nagellack-109-off-to-miami-L-rzblCg.jpeg
    (Image from luuux.com)

Also got 24/7 Base Coat and Gel Effect Top Coat. The top coat gets terrible reviews and I wouldn't have bought it had I known beforehand but I will give it a try and hope it works okay for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

a4a7f019d03105bbd044c0e848d44d27.jpg

bit bored and picked up a glitter topcoat polish in penneys today :) wish i could be tidier painting them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I picked up Catrice Meet Me at Coral Island for 1.40, fairly pleased with it. It looks pink in some lights and more orange in others. I applied it on Monday with Color Club base coat and Rimmel top coat, and it only started chipping this morning. I'm impressed!

corall.png

Not my picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm on a self imposed nail polish ban.

So of course I bought six bottles today. Stupid cheap Essence and Catrice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

First time posting & first time wearing Essie :)
    Essie-Nail-Polish-Angora-Cardi.JPG
    Essie-Angora Cardi
    Pic from TheBeautyofLifeBlog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I temporarily lifted my spending ban to pick up these Essence polishes.

Mrs & Mr Glitter

Off To Miami

Also got 24/7 Base Coat and Gel Effect Top Coat. The top coat gets terrible reviews and I wouldn't have bought it had I known beforehand but I will give it a try and hope it works okay for me!

Actually some of the best nail polish bloggers highly recommend that topcoat so don't give up on it yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

musical.x wrote: »
    Actually some of the best nail polish bloggers highly recommend that topcoat so don't give up on it yet :)

I don't know about that, I absolutely hate it (not saying I'm a great polish blogger - I don't have time to do it ever!). It takes FOREVER to dry (seriously, 2 hours later, still wet!). I much prefer to use Sally Hansen's top coat, the one in the red bottle.

Just because it works for a few people doesn't mean it works for everyone, no matter who recommends it.

musical.x wrote: »
    I don't know about that, I absolutely hate it (not saying I'm a great polish blogger - I don't have time to do it ever!). It takes FOREVER to dry (seriously, 2 hours later, still wet!). I much prefer to use Sally Hansen's top coat, the one in the red bottle.

Just because it works for a few people doesn't mean it works for everyone, no matter who recommends it.

I tried it that night and found it fine. I usually apply a fairly generous top coat and found this dried in a normal time. It was super glossy for the first couple of days but I think the shine has started to fade a little now.

Going to remove it now anyway so I can try out Mrs & Mr Glitter.

My first go at flocking powder / velvet manicure.

Born+Pretty+hot+pink+flocking+powder+review+(3).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Absolutely gorgeous! I also really love the shape of your nails! I don't like really long nails but I find I can't do nail art when mine are short but yours and perfectly shaped .. Jealous!

• Advertisement

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Absolutely gorgeous! I also really love the shape of your nails! I don't like really long nails but I find I can't do nail art when mine are short but yours and perfectly shaped .. Jealous!

Awh thank so much :D I used to have super long nails but to be honest it's far easier to keep them short when you paint them a lot. Nail art is a bit more awkward on short nails though :P

Advertisement