Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

LOVE the virgin Mary ones. brings me back to my days as a teenage Goth and my love of religious iconography

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

Twee. wrote: »
    Haha no I'm actually glad, it means I have a chance of beautiful long nails :p Sorry for all the questions, but I'd love to give it a shot (despite the OH's disgust when I mentioned them :D ). Did you buy the tips then and just pop them on your self? May I ask where? Thaaaaaanks!

I've to keep mine short for work, lots of opening boxes so they'd get wrecked. Nice for the weekend though :)

yup pretty much twee, I'm a nail tech so have lots of random nail tips lying around that i use up at weekends for nails like these. pop into sallys or i think hairspray sell boxes tips(pic below) now glue them on and then buff the tip so it blends in with your own nails using a low grit file (240/180), cut & file the nails to the length shape you want them and then pop some nail polish over them and they should last the weekend at least :)

15x5vo8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Ladies, beautyemporium.ie are having a sale - China Glaze and OPI from €5.50, free shipping in Ireland too. Only picked up one polish, a lemming of mine for a while, China Glaze I'm not Lion (not my pic):

121021-China-Glaze-Im-Not-Lion-IMG_0875-490x367.jpg

It was €6.

ohhhh soo shiny!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

pixysarah wrote: »
    yup pretty much twee, I'm a nail tech so have lots of random nail tips lying around that i use up at weekends for nails like these. pop into sallys or i think hairspray sell boxes tips(pic below) now glue them on and then buff the tip so it blends in with your own nails using a low grit file (240/180), cut & file the nails to the length shape you want them and then pop some nail polish over them and they should last the weekend at least :)

Amazing, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

easter nails

245919.jpg

They are adorable Gra, really pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

better late than never... here's one of my st paddys day efforts!
    French mani, with wee shamrocks! x :)

74409_10151585448882625_1495075787_n.jpg

Easter nails coming soon - birthday nails on Saturday! Yeahey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Playing around with my nail art supplies a bit. Really need to get back into it!

Born+pretty+m73+squares+stamp+nail+art+(4).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

musical.x wrote: »
    Playing around with my nail art supplies a bit. Really need to get back into it!

Gorgeous! What's the base color for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

My cousin painted my nails for me :)
    There's Barry M Chameleon Pink, which is pretty cool to see changing! Then Barry M Aqua Glitter :)

4NtRUz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Just tidied my polish box, discovered this forgotten purchase and put it on immediately :)

715556Gosh___Metallic_Blue_01.jpg

Gosh - Metallic Blue (not my pic)

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Gorgeous! What's the base color for this?

It's P2 color victim in Artful :) Great German brand

Ive just ordered:

China glaze: Lubu heels. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvripHFBnBnnfP-bEG_Wi5JRytnq1R_8i0tF61YNLblAmPox8N

Champayne kisses

China+Glaze+Champagne+Kisses+2.JPG

and Creative Fantasy:

China+Glaze+Creative+Fantasy.jpg

From beautyemporium.ie cant wait for them to arrive!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

McCabes in citywest have the Ciate flocked velvet sets reduced from 23 euro to a fiver!! Got one today, the dark blue/purple one :)

Been waiting four weeks now for my Essie "Who's the Boss" to arrive from Beauty Bay :(

Welp this never arrived, going through the refund process now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Welp this never arrived, going through the refund process now.

I ordered polishes from them on 11th of March, haven't arrived yet and I'm getting very worried :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So my depressed self was in the chemist today, and I happened to veer towards the Essence stand, as ya do (well if yer me ya do) and I spotted these:

ess_OZtheGreatandPowerful_CrackingTopCoat_all.png

They are the new Oz The Great And Powerful Crackling Topcoats.

From Left:

02, Winds of Change
    03, Good Witch
    04, Winged Wonder
    05, Delicate but Determined
    01, Master of Illusion.

Obviously I had to buy them!!!

Silverfish wrote: »
    I ordered polishes from them on 11th of March, haven't arrived yet and I'm getting very worried :/

I ordered the 3rd of Feb. On my first contact with them they said that I should wait 20 working days (so, 4 weeks), make sure and check postal depots and if it hadn't arrived by then to get back in touch.

Now, to process the refund I have to sign the refund application, so it'll have to be scanned, faxed or posted. Pain in the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I ordered the 3rd of Feb. On my first contact with them they said that I should wait 20 working days (so, 4 weeks), make sure and check postal depots and if it hadn't arrived by then to get back in touch.

Now, to process the refund I have to sign the refund application, so it'll have to be scanned, faxed or posted. Pain in the arse!

I have never heard anything good about Beauty Bay. I haven't ordered from them myself but from what I've read online and my friends' experiences, I wouldn't do it. I like feelunique.com however. Good luck with the refund! :)

• Advertisement

They have free shipping so that drew me in :p But I'll stick to Cloud 10 Beauty now. They charge for shipping but I've never been waiting more than 4 days for anything. And they're Irish! Must give Feel Unique a go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this now - Butter London's No More Waity Katie.

Butter+London+No+More+Waity+Katie+1.jpg

I have it on about 4 days now and I'm getting tired of it. I'm going to remove it now and put on something more summery I think.

[Pic from thePolishAholic.com]

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

........And seeing as today is Easter Sunday - here's what I've been working on this morning!! :)

Easter2013.jpg

Happy Easter guys - go easy on the chocolate!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

My god fantastic. I did mine last night. They were shíte! Tried to take it off this morning and the bloody turquoise vintage district did NOT want to come off, stained my nails and damaged them even with a base on :( I was NOT happy. Put some nail saver on and then a couple of simple colours. Nothing fancy after that

Just got a set a sequins for nail art. Pretty easy to play around with.

Born+Pretty+Glitter+Sequin+nail+art+rainbow.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

musical.x how did you put on the sequins? I bought some from ebay a while ago and they're gorgeous but I find using them really difficult. I tried putting them on while the polish underneath was still sticky but even with a topcoat they just fell off after a couple of hours. :o Any tips? I'd love to do a full nail too!

suomi wrote: »
    musical.x how did you put on the sequins? I bought some from ebay a while ago and they're gorgeous but I find using them really difficult. I tried putting them on while the polish underneath was still sticky but even with a topcoat they just fell off after a couple of hours. :o Any tips? I'd love to do a full nail too!

It's really easy. Wait until the colour below is dry. Then add on some topcoat to the place you want to place each sequin. Use a slowish drying one. If you are doing the full nail do it in section otherwise the topcoat will dry and it won't hold. When it's all done make sure to seal it all with a layer of topcoat (Fast drying is fine to use now :) ) I went through the whole process on my post about that design if ya need to read it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Anyone interested in a Nailpolish swap? Thinking of planning one for the end of the month...

Check out this thread if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

musical.x wrote: »
    It's really easy. Wait until the colour below is dry. Then add on some topcoat to the place you want to place each sequin. Use a slowish drying one. If you are doing the full nail do it in section otherwise the topcoat will dry and it won't hold. When it's all done make sure to seal it all with a layer of topcoat (Fast drying is fine to use now :) ) I went through the whole process on my post about that design if ya need to read it :)

Thanks so much! I didn't even think of doing it in sections. :o I just took a look at your blog and saw the post, it's very helpful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Picked this set up from the Air Lingus Sky Mall during my flight recently, seemed pretty good for €14. Can't decide what colour to wear first!

$(KGrHqJ,!jIFC)HneUj3BQ9-G!UEew~~60_12.JPG

Advertisement