Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a Nailpolish swap? Thinking of planning one for the end of the month...

Check out this thread if interested

Hi Oakey I am and im in the group but I cant reply to your post for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

ladypip wrote: »
    Hi Oakey I am and im in the group but I cant reply to your post for some reason.

Yeah, I can't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Me neither, thought at first it was because I hadn't posted there for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

me neither

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Twee. wrote: »

Will the swap group get a new home then? Or is it totally dead?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You can apply for a private forum, the creator of the group needs to PM Dav http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83779690&postcount=16

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

I love art and I LOVE nail art design, unfortunately I've been shot down by courses I want to do because I'm colour visually impaired :( have to live with it so I decided to buy my own sets of nails and do my own thing! Great for when I'm bored and this is my first attempt today :D

I'm obsessed with polka dots but I will be doing all sorts of designs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Playing around with the new Barry M releases. I actually really like the textured nail polishes. This is Barry M Atlantic road

Barry+M+Textured+effect+nail+polish+Atlantic+Road+swatch+and+review+(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I had that on the other day musical.x

Still not sure if I like it. It seemed to collect dirt and if you glance quickly it kind of looks like it's just bubbled up. I went through phases of loving it and hating it.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    I had that on the other day musical.x

Still not sure if I like it. It seemed to collect dirt and if you glance quickly it kind of looks like it's just bubbled up. I went through phases of loving it and hating it.

I know what you mean Liz. I love them for nail art. Very easy to play around with and they look well together. On their own they can be a bit lacking. I'm still in the "like" phase :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

My current nails are Catrice Dirty Berry. Got this in the swap months ago but this is my first time wearing it! Can't believe I waited so long as it is stunning :) also so sad it's discontinued now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Yeah, I can't either.
    Saorenza wrote: »
    Me neither, thought at first it was because I hadn't posted there for a while.
    hdowney wrote: »
    me neither

Sorry for the delay guys. I'm PMing now. Hopefully we'll get it sorted soon :) I'll let you guys no when I know :)

Today I have swatches of Barry m Station Road. This has a gorgeous golden shimmer in it (I wish it was in all of them!)

Barry+M+Textured+effect+nail+polish+Station+road+swatch+and+review+(4).JPG

Yea I am 50/50 on the textured polishes as well. Sometimes they look well and sometimes not :/ also they must be a bítch to get off!

musical.x wrote: »
    Today I have swatches of Barry m Station Road. This has a gorgeous golden shimmer in it (I wish it was in all of them!)

Thats gourgeous! Also I bought the pixy aloe rescue gel today that you reviewed on your blog. I hope it does the same for my cuticles and hands and it did for yours

Thats gourgeous! Also I bought the pixy aloe rescue gel today that you reviewed on your blog. I hope it does the same for my cuticles and hands and it did for yours

Awh brilliant! I hope you like it :) I'm nearly through with my tub. I picked up one of their Lemon Cuticle balm's so I'm hoping that works just as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Some new ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

No reflection on your swatches musical.x but I hate textured polish so much, the sooner that trend goes away the better! Absolutely do not get it, think it looks awful.

I ordered a couple of bits from eBay last night - all off the US site, free shipping.

Dotting Tools (€0.80):

3537-1.jpg

Studs: (€0.80):

ViewImage.aspx?GlobalID=1004&MerchantID=13132&ImageID=121382&DisplaySize=-1&ListingID=318007

Brush Set: (€2.22):

HB04PF005.jpg

Hopefully they won't take too long to arrive.

shanna83 wrote: »
    No reflection on your swatches musical.x but I hate textured polish so much, the sooner that trend goes away the better! Absolutely do not get it, think it looks awful.
    Hopefully they won't take too long to arrive.

Ah I know what ya mean don't worry :P Everyone has their own tastes and it's always good to hear what other people think anyway :)

btw those brushes are the bomb. Bought the white set myself and they are fierce handy. Normally stick with acrylic paint but with those I can use nail polish in nail art.

• Advertisement

Shanna can you pm me a link to that ebay shop please?

Me too please. Those brushes look fabilis :D

I might as well add this one in :P Barry M Kingsland Road
    Barry+M+Textured+effect+nail+polish+Kingsland+road+swatch+and+review+(3).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Ohh, that one is gorgeous. It looks all soft and fluffy. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I am wearing Cosmic Love today, by Crazy Polish Lady based in Portugal. Her polishes are handmade, and just stunning.

pic from my blog

20130406_154138_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

I have those pink brushes - there mighty!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

hdowney wrote: »
    Yea I am 50/50 on the textured polishes as well. Sometimes they look well and sometimes not :/ also they must be a bítch to get off!

It was actually grand! Not as easy to remove as normal polish but nowhere near as bad as glitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Am currently obsessed with Crows Toes so am wearing Heartshaped Box of Horses#@t over Opi Suzi Loves Cowboys. I can't stop looking at my nails!

LlaroweCrowsValentine005_1024x1024.jpg?7339

Picture from manicurator via llarowe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Picked up these bad boys in the airport at the weekend, can't wait to try them out! One of them has feckin star-shaped glitter in it! They say not to use a top coat for the 'liquid sand' effect but I reckon I will.

mariah_carey_opi-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I'm still not sure where I stand on the Liquid Sand polishes but scrangie had some gorgeous pictures of them with topcoat..They were what actually made me buy them!

Advertisement