Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Last one for textured nails. Not my favourite but it is a nice colour. Barry M Ridley Road
    Barry+M+Textured+effect+nail+polish+Ridley+Road+swatch+and+review+(3).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

musical.x wrote: »
    Last one for textured nails. Not my favourite but it is a nice colour. Barry M Ridley Road

I love that colour but I'm not a fan of the textured look. Can anyone recommend a polish this colour that's not textured?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Valentina wrote: »
    I love that colour but I'm not a fan of the textured look. Can anyone recommend a polish this colour that's not textured?

Barry M have one, Mint Green, that's almost the exact same colour.

LizT wrote: »
    Barry M have one, Mint Green, that's almost the exact same colour.

Thanks Liz. I have that colour but the textured one looks more blue to me?

Valentina wrote: »
    Thanks Liz. I have that colour but the textured one looks more blue to me?

I'm not sure if it just photographs like that, I saw it in Boots and immediately thought it looked like mint green. Could be wrong though, I didn't think to compare them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I bought this today but it does not look as good as your pic! Also bought Razzle Dazzler by Sally Hansen so I'm going to give it a go now instead, fingers crossed :)

I'm not sure if it just photographs like that, I saw it in Boots and immediately thought it looked like mint green. Could be wrong though, I didn't think to compare them!

Changes a bit on the nail but it does look more bueish in real life.China glaze For audrey might be similar but I'm only basing that on swatches. I have Barry m Mint green here and it's a fair bit more green than the textured effect polish.
    *EDIT*
    What about essie mint candy apple?

I bought this today but it does not look as good as your pic! Also bought Razzle Dazzler by Sally Hansen so I'm going to give it a go now instead, fingers crossed :)
    Use thin coats :) . I tried it with thicker ones but it makes it look clumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wearing OPI I Have a Herring Problem (photo from the PolishAholic)

OPI+I+Don%27t+Give+A+Rotterdam+vs+Zoya+Skylar+vs+OPI+I+Have+A+Herring+Problem.JPG

Changes a bit on the nail but it does look more bueish in real life.China glaze For audrey might be similar but I'm only basing that on swatches. I have Barry m Mint green here and it's a fair bit more green than the textured effect polish.
    *EDIT*
    What about essie mint candy apple?

Thanks ladies. I have For Audrey and I would say that looks more green to me too. That Essie colour looks promising, I'll check it out on my next trip to Boots.

• Advertisement

Barry M gelly Hi shine in Lychee :) Gorgeous colour. Worn it twice already!

Barry+M+Gelly+Hi+Shine+Lychee+nail+polish+swatch+and+review+(5).JPG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I was looking for a nice base to use under China Glaze's Whirled Away, that looks like it'd be perfect!

I need to stop reading this thread. So many polishes on my wish list now :(

Bought 6 polishes from 8ty8beauty on the 2nd April,didn't know whether to trust it or not, but they arrived today!

China Glaze Lubu Heels
    China Glaze Luxe and Lush
    China Glaze Whirled Away
    China Glaze Get Carried Away
    ORLY RIP
    ORLY Sashay my Way

for 39 euro including shipping.
    JC1xMY0l.jpg?1

To add, the polishes are about 3.25 dollars each, but the shipping is expensive.

1 bottle to 6 bottles = $26.00
    7 bottles to 12 bottles = $52.00
    All bottles 0.6 oz. or smaller.
    Global Priority mail with no tracking.

Still worked out cheaper than most other places!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

My second order from beautyemporium arrived today.
    China Glaze Liquid Leather
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8CDQ7u48_ytJOBp5XOh2UoltYINGuVkMfqaVWjPV4FSRHVN-TUw
    China Glaze: Glistening snow

no_plain_janie_glistening_snow.jpg

And China Glaze: Man Hunt.

manhunt.jpg

Sqeeeee!!!!!

Silverfish I have Lubu heels I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I gots my Rainbows and Butterflies on still - from my friend over at Different Dimension. She made me a custom polish too which I should do a post on really :)

Photo from my blog (I love this so much, her polishes really are stunning)

20130406_133730_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am ragin. I had a big order ready to give to my avon rep of polishes and the like and avon ceases trading in Ireland :mad:. I created an account on the UK site (using the BT postcode) and will use Parcel Motel for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

hdowney wrote: »
    I am ragin. I had a big order ready to give to my avon rep of polishes and the like and avon ceases trading in Ireland :mad:. I created an account on the UK site (using the BT postcode) and will use Parcel Motel for delivery

Super idea and I didn't think of that! I use them all the time, recently for a Superdrug polish order... thanks for the nudge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Excuse the dodgy instagram picture.

Wearing this. Catrice - I'm Not a Greenager :D:D Best green polish ever!

e79d2e30a14111e2932222000a9f14f2_7.jpg

So today I am wearing Catrice Fabulous 40ties in The Nude Scene with accent nail of Fabulous 40ties Doris Darling. Topcoat is Essence Vintage District Gel Look.

600402_10151601572081103_477654987_n_zpsbf792c15.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

ladypip wrote: »
    And China Glaze: Man Hunt.

That is frikin' GORGEOUS! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

China Glaze: Glistening snow

I'd get no work done if I had that on my nails... It's unreal!!

That is frikin' GORGEOUS! ;)

I know im dying to try it out.
    kat.mac wrote: »
    I'd get no work done if I had that on my nails... It's unreal!!

It actually looks like this in the bottle, I'm also dying to try this one. I have this one from Koh images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShzOJdPsCX2CkMucHWFuvZ-LjFi33UnCY-_Wb7NroYAUnftIky and when I wear it I never stop staring at my nails. I have a feeling Glistening snow will do the same to me :)

hdowney wrote: »

My sister is an Avon rep and she is devastated. Shame on them they gave no warning to their reps or even higher ups.

My sister is an Avon rep and she is devastated. Shame on them they gave no warning to their reps or even higher ups.

I know they told next to no-one, just slinked off without a bit of notice. It is deplorable.

Ok I panicked, and had to use as many polishes in one go as I could!

Please excuse the bad slathery paint job - China Glaze Lubu Heels and Orly Sahsay my Way.

giYIn4bl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

bought this in 'Big Money' yesterday - can't wait to try it! I wanted ALL of them, had to be removed from the stand by a friend who was on damage control and made me pick just one :o

http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/gem-crush-nail-color

Also got a four set of mini kardashian colour polishes for a fiver - bargain :)

One of my favourite polishes ever. Barry M Dragon Fruit
    Barry+M+Gelly+Hi+Shine+Dragon+Fruit+swatch+and+review+%25285%2529.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

I have this one from Koh and when I wear it I never stop staring at my nails. I have a feeling Glistening snow will do the same to me :)

A serious holo polish is top of my list the moment, gonna spend a bit more than I normally would - really want a good one, that Koh looks amazing!

Advertisement