Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

kat.mac wrote: »
    May all your problems be that small!!! :D

:D:D:D

I've decided to layer it over MAC's Spirit Of Truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

First attempt at nail wraps - reduced to 50c in Penneys! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Today I tried gradient nails. I thought it came out really well for a first attempt. I used Nails Inc Porchester Square and Orly Fancy Fuchsia.

IMG_1143.JPG

If you want more details on how I did it, please have a look at the link in my sig :).

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I'm loving bright polish for the summer! Excuse my shoddy pic but here's my current Rimmel love - Pear Drop.

pixysarah wrote: »

nails i did a few weeks ago, can't wait for college to be over so i can have pretty long nails again :D

I love Barbie nails! Does the bow catch in things?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

China Glaze 'It's a Trap-eze' over a minty coloured Barry-M & terrible fungal nail infection on my ring finger

e3f78fb7-6c96-41e1-8b16-0855f054d2e6_zps531e8e92.jpg

(or hot pink flocking powder, love it! Pink muppet skin nails make me happy)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭kittyclaws

Is anyone else stocking up on OPI?! I can't be the only one to buy 12 bottles in a week!
    They're on sale 3 for €15 in McCabes (and around €6ish each, sorry I'm not sure, I'm buying in threes!)

I swear I'm done, I'm not going back after work for more :eek:
    I go to the pharmacy in Citywest, yesterday they had most of the Holland and Germany collection left, along with some James Bond and a good bit of their base collection. The sales girl told me that from now on OPI will only be available tru beauticians so all the pharmacies are selling off their polishes.

I wonder will they sell the stand too, and will my b/f leave me if I bring it home...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

China Glaze 'It's a Trap-eze' over a minty coloured Barry-M & terrible fungal nail infection on my ring finger

(or hot pink flocking powder, love it! Pink muppet skin nails make me happy)

Really pretty! I love it.

Still waiting to hear back about our Social Group but nothing yet. I might put in a request for a private forum because I seriously would love to swap :D Would any of you be interested?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'd love a private forum. Easier to access on mobile than social group too! Not sure I should get involved in a swop though. Need to get through what I have first! :o

OakeyDokey wrote: »

Still waiting to hear back about our Social Group but nothing yet. I might put in a request for a private forum because I seriously would love to swap :D Would any of you be interested?

Count me in for a swap! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭kittyclaws

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Count me in for a swap! :D

I would be up for this too, I buy a lot online-then end up with colours that really don't suit me.

I got two more (I know, I know) in polishes in Dealz today.

I got Sally Hansen's new lengths top/base coat and I got Sally Hansen diamond strength in the shade "07" which is a gorgeous hot pink colour. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It might be an idea to put in a request for a private Beauty forum in general, one that is by request like The Ladies Lounge Private. It could be used for lots of different swaps then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

kittyclaws wrote: »
    Is anyone else stocking up on OPI?! I can't be the only one to buy 12 bottles in a week!
    They're on sale 3 for €15 in McCabes (and around €6ish each, sorry I'm not sure, I'm buying in threes!)

I swear I'm done, I'm not going back after work for more :eek:
    I go to the pharmacy in Citywest, yesterday they had most of the Holland and Germany collection left, along with some James Bond and a good bit of their base collection. The sales girl told me that from now on OPI will only be available tru beauticians so all the pharmacies are selling off their polishes.

I wonder will they sell the stand too, and will my b/f leave me if I bring it home...

Seriously?! They weren't on sale in the Clery's branch, was there last night! Dang jealousy here.. wonder if Dundrum has them on sale :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I like the idea of a swap group, I was highly disappointed that the last time I took part, the person I sent to did not contact me to say thank you or even let me know it was received. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

LizT wrote: »
    It might be an idea to put in a request for a private Beauty forum in general, one that is by request like The Ladies Lounge Private. It could be used for lots of different swaps then!

That's a super idea, I would love a good old beauty swap :D I'm going to read up the rules and info about it now and then put in a request :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think the original idea for transitioning social groups was to make them all private forums anyway, so you'd just need to confirm the title of the forum (as in change from just nail polish) once it gets through being approved. I don't think it would be in the Beauty sub-category like the way TLL private is on top of TLL, as it is more of a private social group than an extension of this particular forum? Like it would have it's own name rather than Beauty Forum Private. I'm sure that'll be all ironed out in the process. Keep me in the loop if there's anything I can do.

Seriously?! They weren't on sale in the Clery's branch, was there last night! Dang jealousy here.. wonder if Dundrum has them on sale :rolleyes:

Near the door in Dundrum they had some reduced to €10 the other day. Will be there later and will check if they are any cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

MacCabes in Blanchardstown have a stand all at €10.. selection isn't great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

Pythia wrote: »
    I love Barbie nails! Does the bow catch in things?

thanks i love that barbie pink too one of my favs! hmmm the bows arnt actually to bad, they do get caught in my hair when im washing it tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

LizT wrote: »

If you have a request for a social group to be converted to a private forum, then it's in the works. Dav is looking after these requests, but I know that he's up to his eyes with a million things at the moment so they may not be his highest priority. However if you want to find out what the progress is, there may be no harm in one person PMing him to confirm that the conversion to a private forum has been approved.

As regards a request for a private beauty forum, that's essentially what the new forum converted from the social group will be. Once the forum has been established there's nothing to stop you using it for swapping other stuff.

Nail polish thread: last poster Zaph...

What's your fav nail polish colour Zaph? I'd have you pegged as a blue or green guy :pac:

Are we talking about fingernails or toenails?

Whatever you want ;)

Well this thread has opened up all sorts of new possibilities to me.

Now please excuse me while I reclaim my masculinity by watching something with lots of explosions and stuff. Thor should do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I was on the hunt for a minty-green/blue polish and spied this in Penneys - Essence That's What I Mint.

essence_thatswhatimint%2521_02.jpg

Very similar to Essie Mint Candy Apple as shown in the pic but a bit more budget friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

^ I have that Essence one and I adore it. It looks so lovely on, and only needed two coats. :D

Went to Mink today (thanks Mum). Got a mani with OPI's Mod About You and Which is Witch. Very pretty!

IMG_0781.JPG

Currently wearing OPI's Into the Night from their The Amazing Spiderman Collection, which was given to me by one of my favourite boardsies :D

OPI+Into+The+Night1.jpg
    (not my pic)

Also, my sis bought me a Butter London set for my birthday which includes their Nail Foundations Flawless Basecoat, Hardwear top coat and powder room nail polish remover.

I am so in love with the basecoat, it's so velvety and smooth and definitely seems to prevent staining. Haven't used the topcoat yet. The nail polish remover is brilliant! I've only used it on colours, not glitter but I love the scent and it doesn't seem to be as drying as other removers I've used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I had two exams in Dublin on Thursday, just down the road from Penny's on Abbey/Grafton St! WEEEEEL I bought:

Angelica Lemoncello

DSC02691_thumb%25255B10%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Angelica Be Mine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL0ZIfG1tXE_HsGoSc7JaZzPE-gOrdYNUt8y-bg2XA0NUD9Qvz

Essence Nail Art Magnetics Spell Bound!

Essence_Spell_Bound_magnetic_nail_polish_parokeets.jpg

Essence Nail Art Magnetics Magic Wand

essence_magneticsnailart.08.JPG

A Magnet Pen for the Magnetic Polishes

Essence Nail Art Special Effects Topper Circus Confetti

Essence+Top+Coat+Nail+Art+Special+Effect+Topper+Numero+02+Circus+Confetti+-+4.JPG

Essence Nail Art Special Effects Topper Mrs and Mr Glitter

nail_special_13.jpg

Essence Nail Art Freestyle and Tip Painter Marry Berry

4_1312982847.jpg

Essence Nail Art Glowing In The Dark Topper

ess_NailArt_ClubCoatTopper.jpg7cc6fd68.jpg

Now which to wear first!?!?!

*not my pics

Advertisement