Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

This is Catrice "Moulin Rouge Light" from the Ultimate Nude collection. I'm so happy with how long my nails look :eek: The polish is nice, but there's some teeny air bubbles on a few of the nails. I have an Essence base and Sally Hansen top coat on so I'll see how I get on at work tomorrow with them. Still looking for the perfect combo :p

1A7164AC-4555-48AC-BE76-9951B4F9FD60-511-000000A5A5C68D73_zpsf116a363.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Pythia wrote: »
    Yep! It comes in black, pink, green and blue!

I bought them in Boots Dundrum on Saturday. They had lots at that stage. They were buy one get one 50% off so I bought green and blue. Very nice! A bit different!

Superdrug has them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

SUMMERTIME.jpg

Switched out my essie for this one. It's LA colours "summertime". I have two coats on with a Sally Hansen top coat. So far, no chips or smudges. Il check in again after work though.

I'm not sure i like the colour on me, I think I might be too pale. Btw, those aren't my hands :p

My nails today are Zoya Morgan AGAIN

I just love it (pic from me own blog)

20130515_204130_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

not technically nail polish but had to post!

Got a few new phone covers off Etsy this week ... loving the Chanel one!!!

cases.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Is it stupid to want an Iphone simply for the deadly covers? I know it's totally off topic but not sure if I will get the Samsung Galaxy S4 or an Iphone next!

I got some lovely Catrice polishes for my birthday going to swatch them now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm the same OakeyDokey! I have a Jiayu G2 and nowhere sells pretty covers for it because it's a Chinese import. I want pretty covers!

I was in Boots the other day and saw a Sinful Colours stand, the colours are great and they're only €2.50 a bottle! Does anyone know what the quality is like? I may have to go and buy all their glitters

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭kittyclaws

I've been dying to try Sinful Colours, I was gonna buy them on EBay, now I know where I'll be going shopping tomorrow!! I've read great things on blogs about the quality!

One brand I'm absolutely in love with from the online reviews is Zoya pixie dust. Anyone know of a place I can buy it in Dublin?? =)

[quote=I was in Boots the other day and saw a Sinful Colours stand, the colours are great and they're only €2.50 a bottle! Does anyone know what the quality is like? I may have to go and buy all their glitters[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Boots in Cork finally got in the Maybelline Polka Dot nail polishes (And they're buy one, get one half price, score!)

I got the one in Pink and the one in green :D

24640id.jpg

I broke a nail on my right hand so I'm wandering around with one super short nail because I stubbornly refuse to cut them all short because I spent so long growing them in the first place :P :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Did this while watching Eurovision last night. Orly's Sapphire Silk and tape from Ebay.

r0m6LQ1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Pythia wrote: »
    Did this while watching Eurovision last night. Orly's Sapphire Silk and tape from Ebay.

That's savage. Do you find the tape hard to work with?? I'm very intrigued but it seems *so* fiddly.

phasers wrote: »
    I'm the same OakeyDokey! I have a Jiayu G2 and nowhere sells pretty covers for it because it's a Chinese import. I want pretty covers!

I was in Boots the other day and saw a Sinful Colours stand, the colours are great and they're only €2.50 a bottle! Does anyone know what the quality is like? I may have to go and buy all their glitters

Which BOOTS?????

Quality is excellent for the price - I have quite a few. How big was the stand?!

Oh dear, I feel spending coming on

kittyclaws wrote: »
    I've been dying to try Sinful Colours, I was gonna buy them on EBay, now I know where I'll be going shopping tomorrow!! I've read great things on blogs about the quality!

One brand I'm absolutely in love with from the online reviews is Zoya pixie dust. Anyone know of a place I can buy it in Dublin?? =)

You can get the pixie dusts on www.supernailireland.com :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Which BOOTS?????

Quality is excellent for the price - I have quite a few. How big was the stand?!

Oh dear, I feel spending coming on

Boots in Liffey Valley definitely have a stand.

God damn Liffey Valley - I try so hard not to go to that Boots, it's a nail addict's heaven out there :(

Gotta go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

God damn Liffey Valley - I try so hard not to go to that Boots, it's a nail addict's heaven out there :(

Gotta go now!

It's dangerous, isn't it?

BTW, Boots in Jervis had withdrawn all the Barry M polishes and had a notice that "They do not meet our high standards" or something like that. Hope it's only temporary, I love Barry M :(

LizT wrote: »
    It's dangerous, isn't it?

BTW, Boots in Jervis had withdrawn all the Barry M polishes and had a notice that "They do not meet our high standards" or something like that. Hope it's only temporary, I love Barry M :(

So damn dangerous - but SC are only 2.50. That is such good value!

Barry M had overfilled some bottles and took them off shelves for safety reasons - They wrote that on their Facebook page last week. They'll be back. I just ordered the new Gellys on their website :)

Thank u dancing queen! I'll treat myself to one or two on payday :D

I bought 10 of the sinful polishes in boots in Liffey valley, I was very good, I wanted more! I had two bottles of Barry M as well but they wouldn't let me buy them at the til, the girl said they'd all been recalled because the bottles were cracking...bit worried about my own Barry Ms, but there's nothing about it on their Facebook or website.
    (I also got two of the polkadot Maybellines but that's it, I'm done for the month!)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

picked up some OPI nail polish only 10 euros and I also brought ciate nail colours to try today in mc cabes blanchardstown and i tried the ciate have to say it dried very quickly and the colour is stunning!!!

Has anyone tried sensational nail kits yet???

quinevere wrote: »
    picked up some OPI nail polish only 10 euros and I also brought ciate nail colours to try today in mc cabes blanchardstown and i tried the ciate have to say it dried very quickly and the colour is stunning!!!

Has anyone tried sensational nail kits yet???

OPI are only €6.50 or 3 for €15 in Mc cabes in Citywest, I wonder if they're the same range?

What's the Ciate like? I've seen it for sale, but I need pics!! =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

has anyone ever ordered from beautyexpress.co.uk by any chance?

kat.mac wrote: »
    That's savage. Do you find the tape hard to work with?? I'm very intrigued but it seems *so* fiddly.

Actually quite easy. Let the polish dry fully first. Cut the tape in advance to be longer than the nail but not crazy long, I stuck them on the table. Then apply tape, readjust if necessary (polish dry so you can do this no problems), trim the edges and then seal with topcoat.

It was my first time and I was able to get it like that, and I am not particularly good with delicate things.

In case anyone wants to buy, here is link http://www.ebay.ie/itm/370764922957#ht_2409wt_1037

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

On holidays in Portugal - picked up a limited collection colour "River Green" from Kiko Cosmetics. €4.90. Absolutely stunning colour. Photo is from Mon Cote Greluche blog.

.kiko_river_green_4_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Barry-M-Greenberry-Gelly-Nail-Paint-polish-Green-Berry-turquoise-aqua-creme-gnp12-spring-2013-collection-bright-hi-shine-uk-blog-review-swatch-swatches.jpg

Wearing Barry M "Greenberry". Loving this colour at the moment, its so pretty and summery!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - 310 'Guilty Pleasure'.

983862_10151435219226987_1924999216_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I applied this last week and I am amazed how long it has lasted. Despite doing tons of housework and a bit of gardening it still looks fine. It didn't exactly break the bank, I got it at the Ideal Home Show :D. There is a make-up stand at most of events at the RDS where you can get 5 items for €10 - Bargain !

http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/nails/colour/10_days_nail_enamel

Definitely going to get some more

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

That Gelly greenberry is beautiful.

I've a bit of a nail polish obsession since I started growing my nails and have almost 100 bottles. The nails are very weak though - from years of nail biting (which I haven't done for years) They break all the time and are so soft. Bought that Perfectil today after reading on this thread that it's good so hoping I get strong long nails.

Check nails by me

BK0YqpKCYAAMC2_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Pythia the check nails are amazing. Out of nosiness how do you do them? Not that I could ever do it, I'm so cack handed that it would be more like an abstract design lol

• Advertisement

donna35 wrote: »
    Pythia the check nails are amazing. Out of nosiness how do you do them? Not that I could ever do it, I'm so cack handed that it would be more like an abstract design lol

Thank you! It's actually using a set called 'check check nails' from a Korean brand called The Face Shop. You have to draw the lines yourself though. 3 across, 3 down. I purchased the set on ebay. I think it could probably be replicated with any sheer polishes like maybe one coat of the Barry M Gellies.

Advertisement