Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Pythia wrote: »
    Thank you! It's actually using a set called 'check check nails' from a Korean brand called The Face Shop. You have to draw the lines yourself though. 3 across, 3 down. I purchased the set on ebay. I think it could probably be replicated with any sheer polishes like maybe one coat of the Barry M Gellies.

I love the Face Shop! I have a few of their polishes - for 2euro posted they are a serious bargain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

have this one on my toes.

Sally-Hansen-Complete-Salon-Manicure.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

has anyone seen the Revlon Moon Candy polishes over here yet? They look amazing I have been checking every chemist I come across but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

has anyone seen the Revlon Moon Candy polishes over here yet? They look amazing I have been checking every chemist I come across but no joy!

I think I seen these in Boots in Cork. At least I think it was them, I remember thinking that essence had a similar shaped bottle last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Pythia wrote: »
    Thank you! It's actually using a set called 'check check nails' from a Korean brand called The Face Shop. You have to draw the lines yourself though. 3 across, 3 down. I purchased the set on ebay. I think it could probably be replicated with any sheer polishes like maybe one coat of the Barry M Gellies.
    I love the Face Shop! I have a few of their polishes - for 2euro posted they are a serious bargain! :)

Face Shop? 2euro posted?? Do you girls realise you have my heart pounding really fast and my bank manager shaking in his boots right now lol. Must order some of these soon sounds great thanks xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I got them in Boots in Liffey valley a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

ZOMG look what I just discovered...

http://jindienails.com/

I want every one of them. Every single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

kat.mac wrote: »

Oh sweet mother of cookies :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my goodness I NEEEEEED them all. Especially the Barney one with the pink hearts. Just a shame they don't do international shipping:(

donna35 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness I NEEEEEED them all. Especially the Barney one with the pink hearts. Just a shame Just as well they don't do international shipping (for the sake of my bank balance!)

Fixed your post :p

• Advertisement

You can get Jindie Nails on http://meimeisignatures.com/ (sorry) - MeiMeis has inflated polish prices and lesser shipping
    and www.llarowe.com (I think) - Leah Ann has extortionate shipping

I just won the Salon Pro set on Facebook - been entering every day! YAY
    Rimmel-Salon-Pro.jpg

donna35 wrote: »
    Face Shop? 2euro posted?? Do you girls realise you have my heart pounding really fast and my bank manager shaking in his boots right now lol. Must order some of these soon sounds great thanks xx

Yep I have a yellow one on today:
    It was just over 2euro posted and a minty/turquoise one to try too.

20130518_162907_2.jpg

This shop is where I got them:

http://stores.ebay.ie/ddcusshop

Fixed your post :p

Thanks lol that's more like it!!
    You can get Jindie Nails on ... (sorry) - MeiMeis has inflated polish prices and lesser shipping
    and ...(I think) - Leah Ann has extortionate shipping

I just won the Salon Pro set on Facebook - been entering every day! YAY

Off to make a wishlist now...oops I mean have a look:pac:
    Yep I have a yellow one on today:
    It was just over 2euro posted and a minty/turquoise one to try too.

This shop is where I got them:

http://stores.ebay.ie/ddcusshop

That yellow is SO pretty. My next stop to look at that ebay shop too. You girls are bad influences lol

I am what you call "an enabler"

:(

I am what you call "an enabler"

:(

I really don't take much encouraging haha I already looked at the Revlon Moon nzil varnishes online after seeing them mentioned here and want the grey and pink one so badly. Could do without spending money atm though with summer hol coming up

I have two Moon Candy polishes - not that in love with them, don't think they are worth the money, that's for sure!

I have two Moon Candy polishes - not that in love with them, don't think they are worth the money, that's for sure!

I saw the grey one on a blog and it looks so pretty. And I love grey and pink together too. Will have to have a cheeky try of the testers when I'm out and about sometime

I'd have to agree, they're pretty but not worth 11/12 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Loved the Rainforest canopy by Mabelline which Pythia posted last week. It's gorgeous on! But it's such a pain to take off. All the green came off no roblem but the little bits stayed on and I spent my day in work picking them off my nails! :confused:

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    But it's such a pain to take off. All the green came off no roblem but the little bits stayed on and I spent my day in work picking them off my nails! :confused:

Glitter is such a b**ch to remove...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Chanel are doing a pop up nails station tomorrow in Arnotts. From what I gather, there will be a nail artist there, or you can paint your own nails using the polishes. I'll try post tomorrow when I actually see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I had a go at doing checkered nails last night. I really don't think they turned out that well tbh but anyway:

2013-05-23100800_zps9e33c924.jpg

2013-05-23100817_zps2a1271d2.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ok the Chanel is €22.50 for file and polish, redeemable against purchase of nail polish I thought it was gonna be free or at least cheaper than that!! There over the weekend anyway if anyone was thinking of buying Chanel polish.

Did someone get Sinful Colors in Liffey Valley Boots?

Sinful Colors UK on Facebook tell me we don't have them in Ireland yet.....

Did someone get Sinful Colors in Liffey Valley Boots?

Sinful Colors UK on Facebook tell me we don't have them in Ireland yet.....

Yep I definitely got them in there. They were on a standalone stand in the central aisle (between where the make up stands are and the shampoos etc on the other side). Was about a month or two ago.

LizT wrote: »
    Yep I definitely got them in there. They were on a standalone stand in the central aisle (between where the make up stands are and the shampoos etc on the other side). Was about a month or two ago.

Cheeky feckers. Thanks LizT - I was thinking of paying LV a visit on Saturday if I get a chance... wonder if any other Boots have them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

€3 off Revlon polishes in Boots atm ...

My first time posting pic of my nails - be kind please lol I know I'm like a 3year old applying it sometimes. Really love this effect - it's 2 coats of Essie Bikini So Teeny topped by Model's Own Beetlejuice Indian Ocean and Seche Vite topcoat. The Bikini So Teeny on it's own too is really nice - sweet name too. I LOVE the Indian Ocean NV and going to wear this on holidays as it really shimmers with blue and pink colours, so summery.

007.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I'd like to upload some nail varnish pics but I cant seem to upload photos to my post. How do you guys put photos up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Quick question guys, my nail polish seems to be cracking, for want of a better word, and its chipping really easily because of this.

Any idea what might be causing it?

Advertisement