Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got Shellac today from 5th Ave on Wicklow St. There's a very fine gold glitter on top of the pink but it's hard to capture on the camera!

0748BD1B-36E0-4249-B888-90B41267821B-1575-00000140FCCE223C_zps91bb7105.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Twee that's a gorgeous colour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Gorgeous colour and nice tan :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think it's just the flash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Ooh I love that Barry M Gelly one that was posted a few pages back, lovely!

And I'm not looking up The FaceShop nail polishes now..... (*ahem* totally looking them up).

I got the 3 Maybelline Polka Dots, I love them! Here's my swatch

DSC07358_thumb%25255B26%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Was a bit heavy handed with the Shooting Star (blue). Didn't bother getting the Chalk Dust as I had just got the L'Oreal Confetti Top coat

DSC07352_thumb%25255B11%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

On top of Essence Bashful

While I'm here, I did two Art Deco Gatsby inspired nails too!

DSC07336_thumb%25255B12%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Catrice Oh My Goldness with a Wet N Wild black over

DSC07329_thumb%25255B8%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Green is Sinful Colours in Mint Apple, Gold is Gold Coin by Revlon and black is the Wet N Wild black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I got my Gellys - I cannot capture the brightness for the life of me but I am TOTALLY in love.
    Recommed to everybody

20130525_204431_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Tigger99 wrote: »
    I'd like to upload some nail varnish pics but I cant seem to upload photos to my post. How do you guys put photos up?

Host them on imgur. It will give you a link to use for getting the pictures to show here.

midgetflynn I love the pink polka dot one must put that on my shopping list (and the other colours too probably lol)

dancingqueen I love the gellys especially the turquoise one wow so summery. Can't wait for the shops to restock with Barry M. I have the gelly in dragonfruit colour and that's lovely too a nice pink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

donna35 wrote: »
    midgetflynn I love the pink polka dot one must put that on my shopping list (and the other colours too probably lol)

dancingqueen I love the gellys especially the turquoise one wow so summery. Can't wait for the shops to restock with Barry M. I have the gelly in dragonfruit colour and that's lovely too a nice pink

I have all the gellys now - I love how good they are. They go on easily and they are so rich in colour! :) I ordered mine on barryM website and had shipped to Parcel Motel

002.JPG

Today's nails. Model's Own Tropical Sun with Seche Vite top coat. Love this colour - I'm attempting to fool the sun into coming out by using summery colours but so far it ain't working:cool:

• Advertisement

Well holo!

6PYg1oSl.jpg

Nails Inc Baker St with Spectraflair Topcoat from Piper Polish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Pythia wrote: »
    Nails Inc Baker St with Spectraflair Topcoat from Piper Polish

Savage cabbage!

Today's nails

BLdvTsICMAAjjyr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

^ Deffo have to try the spongey/sunrise effect nails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Pythia wrote: »

How do you get that blended effect on the pink/white?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

How do you get that blended effect on the pink/white?

Looks like she used a sponge to make the gradient but I could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Found a tutorial for it, I might give it a go see how it turns out. Such a cool idea and it looks lovely.

http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/04/pretty-polish-idea/

Luno wrote: »
    Looks like she used a sponge to make the gradient but I could be wrong!

I used a cosmetic wedge which is a sponge you might use for putting on make up. Something like this. Just draw stripe of each colour and then sponge on!

41A85LwSEcL._SY300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

does anyone know where to get matt nail polish? not shiny just matt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

celica00 wrote: »

Would a matt topcoat suit? Essence do a decent one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

celica00 wrote: »

Essence, Rimmel and Catrice all do good matte top coats so you can make any polish matte.

Nails Inc have a matte range - you can buy their polishes online or in Debenhams and Brown Thomas but it's pricey enough for what it is. The top coat is the best option in my humble opinion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Alright, I didnt know that there is actually matte top coats :)
    Would I find them in normal stores like Boots?

And as for the nails...mine from today: Candy Blue...my fav:) from MaxFactor
    2qxq81f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I bought the pink polka dot maybelline polish. It looks fab on but keeps peeling off :( this happening to anyone else? tried two different base coats!

I bought the pink polka dot maybelline polish. It looks fab on but keeps peeling off :( this happening to anyone else? tried two different base coats!

have you tried a top coat? Put it on and leave a teeny bit of space on the nail before the edge on the sides, then cover with a top coat right onto the bit of.nail you left bare if that makes sense, I did that and found it sealed it in so to speak.

Yes!!!

I put it on with usual base coat and Seche Vite topcoat which usually means no chips or anything for 2 days and within an hour or so it was peeling. Going to try it another couple times as it's really nice and if not any better will gift it on xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Just put this on for my holidays. It's so pretty, looks like the sea.

http://dailyvarnish.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/essie-smooth-sailing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

Purple - Jessica - Birds of Paradise, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

Gold - OPI - Goldeneye, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

Pink - Barry M Gelly Grapefruit, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

Super summery!! :)

....only problem is, I dunno which one to do on all my nails!! I <3 them all!

ColourShow_polkadots+%28Copy%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

Love the purple!!

d.m.g wrote: »

Gold - OPI - Goldeneye, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

This one!!
    In fact... I might do this on my own nails :P :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I was on holidays recently in a city with a Kiko so picked up some polishes. 2 matte glitters (very similar to OPI Liquid Sand) in a coral pink and burgundy, a really vampy red & a nice dusky pink. All for a tenner :) (Although I didn't stop there and ended up spending an additional fifty quid, oops)

afbc597e-4885-49fb-87d0-eab21b8ea3cd_zpsafabddf0.jpg

Advertisement