Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought the pink polka dot maybelline polish. It looks fab on but keeps peeling off :( this happening to anyone else? tried two different base coats!

Yes, I found this, even with Seche Vite. I am currently wearing an OPI glitter which also flaked off in chunks. I bet when I take it off later it will cling to my nail however...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Miss Flitworth what's the quality of kiko like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

celica00 wrote: »
    does anyone know where to get matt nail polish? not shiny just matt?
    Saw matt nail polishes in H&M today if that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Hi all, first post here :o Not a great shot with the nighttime lighting but I really like this effect, so simple but nice in the shades of blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Miss Flitworth what's the quality of kiko like?

So far, excellent. The red is completely opaque in one coat and the glitters are cool. No chips as of yet and was out for drinks last night which normally results in completely ruined nails the day after :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

DSC_0051+copy+%28Copy%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Barry m black multi glitter with no. 7devils delight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

My nails today. First time I've painted them in ages coz I've been so busy! They have gone to the dogs and are super short :(

Love this color combo. The base coat is actually more coral IRL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I have the flu :( So my mammy bought me nailpolish :D

She got me:

Essence Colour & Go Space Queen:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbcwuXtchU0eJ1uPKBYmVXwavtrQqRtqgn0Br1jS4FYQbTKOn8tA

Essence Colour & Go Party Princess:
    NOTD_Essence_Party+Princess.JPG

Essence Colour & Go Off To Miami!:
    blogger-image--1496010806.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

my todays nails...love the colour and tried a bit around :)
    2zimsdy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

10% off all OPI for the next 48 hrs on hqhair.com

Enter code OPIJUNE at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 48 chicken_little

d.m.g wrote: »
    Purple - Jessica - Birds of Paradise, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

Gold - OPI - Goldeneye, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

Pink - Barry M Gelly Grapefruit, with Maybelline polkadots in speckelled pink tip.

Where did you get the polka dot polish?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Had my first ever manicure today!

Ciate have a pop up stand in BT2 til the end of June and are offering a free file polish with the purchase of any polish. I splurged and bought the chalkboard manicure set for €29.99. The manicure itself was also chalkboard.

Probably not the most professional for work but I love it!

I also got the pink and green Maybelline polka dot polishes for €6.73 - buy one get one half price. They were the only two colours available in Boots Stephens Green. They had none in Boots Grafton Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Has anyone seen Catrice Candy Shock anywhere???

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

A few weeks ago I bought the red carpet manicure home gel nail set. I have done my nails a few times now and I find the kit brilliant. I highly recommend to anyone who loves the longevity of gel nails but without the ongoing price tag. I bought mine from asos. Money well spent 😄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Post moved to nails thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Twee. wrote: »
    Post moved to nails thread.

I don't follow the nails thread. The only reason being that I am not a nail aficionado. I would so love to have the skills alot of these ladies have..... but alas i dont. I posted in the other thread because it is a general cosmetics thread. It's a pity my post couldn't have remained there.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

chicken_little, I got my polka dot varnish in Superdrug in Limerick

DSC07420_thumb%25255B10%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Summery nails! Pink is Strawberry Crush by MUA, white is Essence Stamping white and it was done with an Essence stamping plate

IMG_1712_thumb%25255B11%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

Where did you get the polka dot polish?

Superdrug, in Letterkenny, but most boots stores have them. Keep an eye on maybelline stands! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Today's nails. Used Essie Bikini So Teeny with Essence mrs & mr on the ring finger.

020.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got the free mini ciate caviar set with this months marie claire. Havent used it yet but it looks nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Got the free mini ciate caviar set with this months marie claire. Havent used it yet but it looks nice!

I got the cookies and cream one, don't like it at all, the nail polish doesn't dry (and I used one thin coat) and its quite sheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

essie-bond-with-whomever-nail-polish-swatch-spring-2013-500x548.jpg

Got this on payday. In love with the colour! It's Essie's "Bond with whomever".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Miss Flitworth I bought a few kiko varnishes epecially and am super impressed. They really stay on and they have lovely colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I may have gone into the chemist for medicine and come out with the entire Catrice Candy Shock range :o!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcsaf4qPD3Zp7X3YW9kilAyLsUjJUlcNLgZvOPv7lFDG-9IfHn

LtoR:

I Scream: Ice Cream!, Play It Blue, Bring Me Peach and Vanilla Love

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZSQVOGOOlLR_OXy7jSIDx7c6G5g9l4xJuj6U6UJOpKVrDqOvv

LtoR: Cotton Candy and Sugar Shock.

The polishes go on quite wet imo (only done one coat swatches so far) and are cute candy colours. They are my first caviar set so interesting times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Can I join in? :o

I started growing my nails recently and I've become obsessed with nail varnish. I had loads but I can really only use them now..

So here are my nails for the next, say, 2-3 days. I change them a lot.

Nail polishes:
    Blue - Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry shade 23 Show Off
    Glitter - NYC 105 Lights Camera Glitter

EDIT - how about now? Are the links working? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

hdowney, I love the look of the Candy Shock shades, so pretty! I hope I can find them

I also got the Ciate free with Marie Claire, have yet to use it though.

Bought 5 polishes on my travels to Belfast. Got Revlon Popular and Minted, Claire's Accesories Blue Speckled and Grey Speckled and Barry M Confetti in Sour Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I have tried uploading this a few times but for some reason my phone won't let me add attachments! Anyway these are my nails at the moment. I love the combination of the bright pink and holo bar glitter :D

BkW9LT9.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Purple Pawprints your pics aren't showing up. I tried to edit but it you actually can't use tags on Instagram as far as I know! You can use Photobucket,http://www.wthax.org/ or Imgur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Advertisement