Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

phasers wrote: »
    Ladies - Ciaté is doing 50% off on their website today, and shipping to Ireland is free :eek:

The code MARIE30 gives and extra 30% off too.

http://www.ciate.co.uk/

I've never used their polish before, but I just bought Funhouse and I'm resisting the urge to buy tons more!

Are the wow kits any good? The velvet manicure looks really cool.

ah jaysus ... just saw this and I'm €25 down!

Bought

Mini Paint Palette
    Mink Cashmere (Cream Soda & Grey Velvet)
    Cutie Pie
    Confetti

Great for the price!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

argh!!!!!! why didn't I look at this thread yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Kitty nails! OPI Shorts Story and Barry M Confetti in Liquorice

BOG9akpCcAAJG0C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDFVvq2A4e9z4rDTQ6q76OvNB7jKn5CfaaoycvJmRxDecXCKo

Was in McCabe's Pharmacy in the Dundrum Shopping Centre yesterday and they are selling off all of their OPI polish for a FIVER!

Picked up OPI's "Deutsch you want me baby", pictured above. Loving it!

I may go back for more today :D

triseke wrote: »

Was in McCabe's Pharmacy in the Dundrum Shopping Centre yesterday and they are selling off all of their OPI polish for a FIVER!

Picked up OPI's "Deutsch you want me baby", pictured above. Loving it!

I may go back for more today :D

Did they have many? Was there on Sat/Sun and didn't even notice the OPI stand ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Was in Dealz and spotted a discontinued Sally Hansen Extreme Nails polish for one fifty! :eek: Had to buy it, love the colour too. It's 'Wet Cement.'

2qci3y0.jpg

Not my pic!

Orlee wrote: »
    Did they have many? Was there on Sat/Sun and didn't even notice the OPI stand ...

There isn't an OPI stand. McCabes are selling them off because they are no longer stocking them, I believe. I went back in today to have a look and it looks like there is maybe about 30 or so left. They are just beside the L'oreal stand over by the perfume.

triseke wrote: »
    There isn't an OPI stand. McCabes are selling them off because they are no longer stocking them, I believe. I went back in today to have a look and it looks like there is maybe about 30 or so left. They are just beside the L'oreal stand over by the perfume.

Hmm, might go have a look later!

Pythia wrote: »
    Hmm, might go have a look later!

There's was about 15 left when I went in yesterday - on the bottom shelf of the SentatioNail stand :( Can't believe i hadn't seen it before!

There's was about 15 left when I went in yesterday - on the bottom shelf of the SentatioNail stand :( Can't believe i hadn't seen it before!

Saw it this morning. About 15 there too. None of my favourite colours like pink, pastels, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Was in Dealz and spotted a discontinued Sally Hansen Extreme Nails polish for one fifty! :eek: Had to buy it, love the colour too. It's 'Wet Cement.'

Not my pic!

Love these - which Dealz was this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Has anyone order from Ciate been dispatched yet?

Mine hasn't, since I placed my order it has had the status "dispatching" but nothing has changed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Has anyone order from Ciate been dispatched yet?

Mine hasn't, since I placed my order it has had the status "dispatching" but nothing has changed.....

Me neither, thought it would have by now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Love these - which Dealz was this?!

The one in the Omni Shopping Centre in Santry, they have loads of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was doing a tidy up recently of my nail polish, getting rid of the old, near empty, dried up polishes. I forgot I had this polish and it is in no state for putting near nails. I have looked at Rimmel stands and it seems to be discontinued :( Anyone know a similar shade to it?

(not my pic)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe2xs9rhbiPyEFgEVY-MBZbVgHa6VU_InTksLqcnXlzLQCkk-E

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

AFAIK it's more purple-y IRL, isn't it?

Barry M indigo could be a good dupe
    http://varnishlacquerpolish.blogspot.ie/2012/07/clash-of-polishes-astor-202-vs-rimmel.html

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I put on Shopping Day at Bloomingdales by Catrice yesterday evening and by this morning it had badly chipped, to the point where I had to take it off as I couldn't just paint over it. I don't know what caused the chipping as I didn't do any house work after I put it on.

The colour is quite dull and the polish goes on streaky and it takes three coats to get decent coverage without any streaks.

Least it was cheap so I won't feel bad about having spent much on it.

I've always found that with Catrice and Essence Nail polishes. I can't get any of them to stay on for longer than 3hours without chipping. And it breaks my heart as the colours are lovely and the price is insanely cheap.

But, I'd rather not have chipped nails, so now I only buy Essie, which is an absolute dream. Costs a tenner a bottle in my local pharmacy but tworth every penny.

The OPI colour I bought has already began to chip so I think it'll be def be Essie from now on. Need to get my hands on one of those ciate polishes to check those out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you all know about an Irish website I found recently . It's http://savers.ie/nails-c-179_197.html

They sell Orly, Essie, Colour Club and China Glaze. I was having a look and they sell bottles for about 4 to 6 euro each (minus Vat). I think Vat is about 8% but I know they have Vat free sales occasionally. They also charge an 8 euro flat rate shipping.

I haven't actually ordered nail polishes from them but I ordered a bunch of lashes for my kit. Because I ordered before 1pm, I got them the next day. I just thought some people here might be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I was in the US last week and had a little make up and polish binge! :P:D

Got this in give me sun at the mac stand where the girls were lovely and the prices were brill at the airport :

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/869/1343/Mineralize-Skinfinish-Natural/index.tmpl

and this in sweet and sour
    http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/3625/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Mineralize-Eye-Shadow-Duo/index.tmpl

also got a brush and a mascara for my mum and it was only 100 dollars :)

also got three of these wet n wild fergie polishes they are amazing and were only 4 dollars each :eek:

One was red and blue glitter, one has stars and a third is a fab bronze glitter. Cant wait to try these on

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wet-n-wild-fergie-nail-color/ID=prod6128002-product

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hey guys

I reckon you all will be the best to solve my dilemma! :-)

I'm wearing this dress to wedding on Sat and I can't work out how to do my nails! Would a matte Black be too harsh? Or leather look Black?

image1xl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I was doing a tidy up recently of my nail polish, getting rid of the old, near empty, dried up polishes. I forgot I had this polish and it is in no state for putting near nails. I have looked at Rimmel stands and it seems to be discontinued :( Anyone know a similar shade to it?

(not my pic)

I may be wrong but OPI Dating a Royal or Essie Mesmerize might be close. I am not very good at nails but it reminds me of them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Got the 7 of these (lucky dip) from nails inc for €26 delivered. it was a special offer on the day. I think I was lucky enough with the selection. I'd wear them all except for the salmon/pink one (Lisle Street)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Hey guys

I reckon you all will be the best to solve my dilemma! :-)

I'm wearing this dress to wedding on Sat and I can't work out how to do my nails! Would a matte Black be too harsh? Or leather look Black?

I think glossy black would be lovely. I'm not too keen on matte black myself, reminds me of blackboards. :/

Or something like greige colours might work too with the pinky tones of the dress, Nails Inc Jermyn St for example?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

nursemar88 wrote: »
    they sell bottles for about 4 to 6 euro each (minus Vat). I think Vat is about 8% but I know they have Vat free sales occasionally. They also charge an 8 euro flat rate shipping.

Vat is 23%

Vat is 23%
    Jesus sorry you're right. Looking back on my order I see that now. The reason I got confused is because I paid 8 euro vat!

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just wanted to let you all know about an Irish website I found recently . It's http://savers.ie/nails-c-179_197.html

They sell Orly, Essie, Colour Club and China Glaze. I was having a look and they sell bottles for about 4 to 6 euro each (minus Vat). I think Vat is about 8% but I know they have Vat free sales occasionally. They also charge an 8 euro flat rate shipping.

I haven't actually ordered nail polishes from them but I ordered a bunch of lashes for my kit. Because I ordered before 1pm, I got them the next day. I just thought some people here might be interested :)

Is this not trade only?

Is this not trade only?

Nope not that I'm aware of. I've ordered off them and they asked for no proof of trade like some salon supplies had me before. I've also ordered off of Flair.ie. Most salon supply places will only ask for proof of trade for certain supplies like hair dyes, gel nail supplies, acetones and other such stuff. At least that is in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just painted my nails about ten minutes ago. Lovely colour. Essence Colour & Go shade 109 Off To Miami. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just painted my nails about ten minutes ago. Lovely colour. Essence Colour & Go shade 109 Off To Miami. :D

I put the very same colour on last night, perfect for the summer weather on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I love Essence polishes. Not everyone does but I think they're great for the price :)

Advertisement