Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Dealz on talbot street are doing a load of different colour Sally hansen polishes for 1.50 each, just got three!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My treat this week. I never spend more than a few euro for nail polish, but the main colour came with a free Fuzzy Coat for €8.95, so technically 2 for 1 :pac:
    Main colour is Jungle Gem and Fuzzy Coat All Yarned Up.

meft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Cool video for anyone interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just applied a new polish I got a few weeks back. It's a limited edition polish called ' I scream: Ice cream!' by Catrice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Here's my nails for International Nail Art Day yesterday.

BQwNl08CUAA7MCQ.jpg

It's just a gradient effect with a sponge. I will have more details on my blog this evening if anyone is interested. It's very easy to do anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I just randomly bought a Sally Hansen nail polish at the weekend - I usually don't wear nail polish a lot cos the ones I have usually take ages to dry and I end up smudging it - but the Sally Hansen one is amazing!! So strong and doesn't chip that easily either! I know it's a bit pricy at 8.95 but think I might treat myself to a few more colours...God knows I've treated myself enough over the last few weeks what's a few more things??! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    They're all gone :P
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tried my first Sally Hanson recently (Golden I) and am amazed at the quality. Put it on Wednesday night - just two coats, no base or top coat - and it's only just starting to chip now. It was completely perfect up till yesterday.

golden-i.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Anyone know of anywhere else I could get that tape? I have no New Look near me.. :o

Ebay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

^Yes, I second eBay, you can get 10 of them for a very cheap price.

I'm really in a nail polish downer at the moment, just not in the mood for doing my nails! I don't know what's wrong with me! Does this happen to anyone else? It's not like I'm stuck for choice, I have about 250 polishes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

^Yes, I second eBay, you can get 10 of them for a very cheap price.

I'm really in a nail polish downer at the moment, just not in the mood for doing my nails! I don't know what's wrong with me! Does this happen to anyone else? It's not like I'm stuck for choice, I have about 250 polishes

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Anyone know of anywhere else I could get that tape? I have no New Look near me.. :o

Just having a look in the new Argos book and they have a couple of nice nail art kits in case anyone is interested :)

Here check out Born Pretty. They have them on sale at the moment for $0.99 http://www.bornprettystore.com/color-line-nail-striping-tape-design-lines-p-231.html :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

If any one is interested in opi liquid sand they have them in tkmaxx. Mini sets, the Marian collection and Bond girls. Also some mini neons! And thanks for the striping tape info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

PennyWren wrote: »
    If any one is interested in opi liquid sand they have them in tkmaxx. Mini sets, the Marian collection and Bond girls. Also some mini neons! And thanks for the striping tape info!

No way!! How much were they?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Which TKMaxx?

Sorry should have been more specific! The liquid sand was in tkmaxx in Laois. I was in the one in Stephens green today and they had none but they do have some nice Leighton Denny and Deborah Lippmann for around €20 and a couple of opi euro centrale minis for €13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Any time I paint my nails in the past week, something always goes wrong, either they don't dry, they have little bubbles on them, or, they smudge.

Yesterday I painted my nails, then by last night I thought they were dry, but it turns out they weren't as when I got up this morning they were all smudged so I decided to paint over them rather than take the polish off, so I did one hand and of course the polish is all streaky and won't dry.

What am I doing wrong? Is it my base/top coat? I use Sally Hansen Maximum Growth as a base/top coat and have been using it for years without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Any time I paint my nails in the past week, something always goes wrong, either they don't dry, they have little bubbles on them, or, they smudge.

Yesterday I painted my nails, then by last night I thought they were dry, but it turns out they weren't as when I got up this morning they were all smudged so I decided to paint over them rather than take the polish off, so I did one hand and of course the polish is all streaky and won't dry.

What am I doing wrong? Is it my base/top coat? I use Sally Hansen Maximum Growth as a base/top coat and have been using it for years without any problems.

I hate those bubbles! No idea how to fix it but I hate when it happens.

I don't usually have an issue with drying tho because I use Sally Hansen's quick dry top coat (recommended to me on this thread a while back). You can put it over damp polish and the whole thing is dry in about a minute. It stays a little soft for about 5/10 minutes after that, it won't streak in that time but if you are planning on jumping straight into gardening or anything heavy duty I'd leave it off for a few extra minutes. Highly recommend for convenience. Downside tho is that it starts to chip a lot quicker than I would like, it starts to chip after exactly 3 days like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I haven't posted in this thread in years but I have to come in and rave about Rimmel Salon Pro! It's the best nail varnish I've ever owned. I have weak nails so varnish usually chips within 24 hours. This nail varnish advertises 10 days chip-free, but I get about 3/4 days...which is amazing for me! The finish is gorgeous, it really does look like a gel manicure. No base or top-coat needed.

These are pics from a rushed lunchtime-jobby I just did with 312 Ultra Violet, so not perfect and excuse the poor light.

FI7eUbE.jpg?1?1400
    Without flash

A4jE4fh.jpg?1
    With flash

Opi liquid sand can't let go. Love it, I put one coat of topcoat over it and still has the textured finish but is super sparkly. Only annoying thing is there's a good bit of tip wear after only 2 days. I normally seal my colour in along the free edge but I could bear that gritty texture on the edge of my nails, so scratchy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Opi liquid sand can't let go. Love it, I put one coat of topcoat over it and still has the textured finish but is super sparkly. Only annoying thing is there's a good bit of tip wear after only 2 days. I normally seal my colour in along the free edge but I could bear that gritty texture on the edge of my nails, so scratchy!

Looks really nice but I can't be doing with the liquid sand polishes. Texture kills me, it literally gives me the shivers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

dxicn8.jpg messing about with sinful polishes

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Essie-The-More-The-Merrier.jpg

My current nails. "The More the Merrier" from Essie. I got it because I've not seen a colour quite like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Very plain and simple shellac french polish

bfd3b44d-10b7-4637-bf1e-f1c7efa08640_zps321006d5.jpg?t=1376253550

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Essie Figi (Pink) I'm addicted to this at the moment and Nyc Mint Macaroon (Green) and Dare to Wear Hologram Diamond (Glitter). The stars are from one of the Penney's nail wheels.

266919.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I got a 4 pack of multi coloured Nail Art pens on ASOS last night for only €3.40. Went to but another set for a friend today and they're gone! Can't wait to try them out. I always find nice nail sets on there so it's wort a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

OPI shatter is back in stock in Dealz, it comes in various colours. Also Sally Hansen twin packs for €1.49, various colours and formulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    OPI shatter is back in stock in Dealz, it comes in various colours. Also Sally Hansen twin packs for €1.49, various colours and formulations :)

Which Dealz?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Which Dealz?

In Limerick, but possibly in most stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

foil.JPG

Foil Nails :)

Advertisement