Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Shellac in Tropix. Got it done in Hair Spa, Smithfield :)

9527673610_319dbde82b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Got the Ciate foil manicure set on asos for half price :) but I have to say the blue colour that comes with it I just love. 267765.jpgIt so reminds me of princess Jasmine! Just waiting for it to truly dry before I add the foils.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

So annoyed with the foil manicure!!! true to using foil when you apply a top coat (which you have to because otherwise you'd have tacky uneven nails...) the stupid top coat melts the foil making it bleed, lose shine and texture. I tried three different top coats in case it was just seche vite causing it but i'm totally disheartend. I've taken pics with and without topcoat.....267777.jpg
    No top coat with flash

267778.jpg
    No top coat without flash. So this is what I wanted the manicure to look like!
    267779.jpg
    With top coat without flash. See how the pink has totally lost its vibrancy.
    267781.jpg
    Top coat with flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

2nvysrq.jpg

I have way too much time on my hands.

Red is - 'caution' by sinful
    White is - 'white tips' by Orly

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Ok so I gave up biting my nails a few weeks ago after a 10 year habit :D and I basically only learned to paint my nails 2 weeks ago and I thought I'd give ombre nails a go :) (Sorry for the mess on the outside I just got so excited I had to take a picture :P )
    e66ipf.jpg

The nail polishes are essence, the light pink is 109 off to miami! and 111 english rose

They aren't great but it was worth a try :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

A bitta crackle glaze (Mauve) and Angelica (Mata Hari). Top coat Sally Hansen 3:1

5yqe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

stargirl.gra I found the same problem with the foils!! The first time I used it when I added top coat it totally bled the colour and didnt dry properly. That top coat was the essence quick dry one. I also found it never dried in properly and was tacky :( ened up taking the lot off.

SO I re did them using a different base colour (I found the green one a bit streaky!) and this time I used a different top coat - the Nails Inc save the nail one and it didn't bleed the colour at all - I've a pic of the finished result further up this thread. So I guess it just deoends on the texture of the top coat or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Decided to buy the Loreal Confetti Top Coat and boy am I happy I did?! My nails look like quail eggs and I love it :D
    Worn over Essie Absolutely Shore.

7KT3bH7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭_ariadne

maybelline orange attack with essence circus confetti on top. Looks a bit more sparkly than I was going for but really orange!
    268027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

nails.jpgfirst ever leopard nails i done :D
    can someone be kind enough to tell me how to put up an actual pic :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Decided to buy the Loreal Confetti Top Coat and boy am I happy I did?! My nails look like quail eggs and I love it :D
    Worn over Essie Absolutely Shore.

7KT3bH7.jpg

I have been picking up confetti and putting it back down every time I've been in boots the last few weeks. Debating! That's made my decision, it's gorgeous! Will be getting that tomorrow :)

Sparkly and shiny nails but Hideous cuticles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jessie1

Does anyone know where I can find Sinful Colors nail polish in Dublin city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Jessie1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find Sinful Colors nail polish in Dublin city centre?

I just bought some in Dealz in Carlow, so it's possibly in other Dealzes also!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Tried the new nail caviar from penneys! Pretty happy with it considering it was a rushed job and I gave it very little time to dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

PennyWren wrote: »
    Sparkly and shiny nails but Hideous cuticles :(

That's lovely PennyWren - what colours have you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    That's lovely PennyWren - what colours have you used?

Thanks Sunny Dayz, it's Catrice Londons Weather forecast, the silver is a cheapy one that came from a Rio set from Argos and essence circus confetti on top. Very simple but I'm pretty happy with it. Just wish I could sort out my awful cuticles! Nothing works for them

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

A lot of those are repeated!

Though, the Front Cover set mentioned in one picture is in TkMaxx for €20 if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

Jessie1 wrote: »

You can buy it from boots.ie and get it delivered to your local boots!

It might be stocked in some branches as well but I'm not in Dublin so I don't know.

• Advertisement

You can buy it from boots.ie and get it delivered to your local boots!

It might be stocked in some branches as well but I'm not in Dublin so I don't know.

I used to see it sometimes in the pharmacy on the ground floor of clearys so when that re opens, try there but also I've bought a few in dealz on Henry street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I used to see it sometimes in the pharmacy on the ground floor of clearys so when that re opens, try there but also I've bought a few in dealz on Henry street

Would love to know what Boots have this in stock in Dublin. Maybe Liffey Valley, anyone know? Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Liffey Valley definitely have Sinful Colours... I think Blanch might too but I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Liffey Valley definitely have Sinful Colours... I think Blanch might too but I'm not certain.

Ooh exciting, I haven't been out there in ages, might be worth a visit! Want the pinky glitter one in particular and then will eye up the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

I've decided to give Shatter Polishes a go but I'm still not decided weather I actually like them or not...tumblr_mrzu2g0l9A1qbew70o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I have been picking up confetti and putting it back down every time I've been in boots the last few weeks. Debating! That's made my decision, it's gorgeous! Will be getting that tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Mint & diamantes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

ENMcD wrote: »
    Mint & diamantes :)

I love that mint nail polish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

LV definitely has sinful colours! A nice full display too, so you can get all the colours.

Speaking of which, I was in Dealz yesterday and got two AMAZING Sinful Colours neon polishes!

j5s3IRs.jpg?1agWA4Ms.jpg

They're so gorgeous and they are Matt! I'm wearing a colour on each hand today and a guy in lidl told me my nails were awesome :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

phasers wrote: »

Speaking of which, I was in Dealz yesterday and got two AMAZING Sinful Colours neon polishes!

That pink is amazing. :eek:

Advertisement