Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Pythia wrote: »
    I believe it's their most popular colour!

I can see why, it's very wearable! It'd look great with a french tip too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's a very pretty colour. I normally wear bright coloured polishes but I could actually see myself wearing that no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

271359.jpg

Sally Hansen in Naked Ambition.. Love these polishes! This is 3 coats but could have gotten away with two..
    Full review in my blog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

These are kind of tacky, but I can't stop looking at them!! If 13 yr old me hadn't bitten her nails I think they would have looked like this all the time! Barry M bright pink and sally hansen wet cement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ARRGH. Typed it and it died.

Left hand I am wearing Catrice Glamazona Dirty Liana with accent nail I Got the Flower. Right hand is Catrice Glamazona I'm A Survivor with accent nail Lime Heart Is Beating Like A Jungle Drum and one nail has the crackle topcoat Jungle Treasure.

catrice-glamazona-nail-polish.jpg

Catr_Glamazona_Cracker.jpg

I'll likely be wearing polish less often for a while as I am back to Culinary School tomorrow :/

• Advertisement

That purple one is gorgeous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

^^ I was far batter off not knowing Catrice had a new range...

^^ I was far batter off not knowing Catrice had a new range...

So was I!!! I was sitting in the car whilst the mammy went into the chemist for something, and I happened to cop that the Candy Shock range was on a shelf facing the door (not with the polishes) so I thought to myself 'the only reason they'd be moved is if there is a new range'. So I dragged my arse out the car and into the shop and lo and behold the Glamazona range. So of course I bought the lot!!!!

hdowney wrote: »
    ...So of course I bought the lot!!!!

Obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

PennyWren wrote: »
    These are kind of tacky, but I can't stop looking at them!! If 13 yr old me hadn't bitten her nails I think they would have looked like this all the time! Barry M bright pink and sally hansen wet cement.

Really love them! Great job!

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »
    Really love them! Great job!

As thanks Pythia! It's just as well I like them cause I broke a nail really far down and have had to out a serious amount of glue on to rescue it and there isn't a hope of me getting the polish off! I'm going to have to redo al the others the same again!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

272697.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Newspaper nails!

250nivs.jpg

Not a great pic but this is what I've just done.

The blue is NYC 115 Ink Stain and the black is Barry M.

1236182_10151881662306291_121262643_n.jpg

Today I put on Essence Colour & Go in Just In Case and Catrice Limited Edition Hollywood's Fabulous 40ties in The Nude Scene.
    The left hand is Catrice with Essence accent nail and the right hand is Essence with Catrice accent nail :D

2013-09-24135216_zpsb8ab8202.jpg2013-09-24135152_zps8a146fb2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Today I'm wearing my favourite new holo from Darling Diva - this was a limited edition and there weren't many made!

20130916_183821_1.jpg

picture taken from my blog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Girls I posted this in the review thread but TK Maxx (in Stephens green anway) have Deborah Lippman polishes - 3 for 19.99. I got one of the true blood sets for 12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

My first ever time posting on this thread - I've been a nail biter for years and stopped a few weeks ago! Up to that had never worn nail polish on my fingernails in my life! Really enjoying trying out a million nails colours at the moment.

This is them today - a Sally Hansen French Manicure set. They don't hold up to close inspection too well and the tips are a bit big for my liking but continuing to practice. I'm having my first ever manicure later this week!!

havana wrote: »
    My first ever time posting on this thread - I've been a nail biter for years and stopped a few weeks ago! Up to that had never worn nail polish on my fingernails in my life! Really enjoying trying out a million nails colours at the moment.

This is them today - a Sally Hansen French Manicure set. They don't hold up to close inspection too well and the tips are a bit big for my liking but continuing to practice. I'm having my first ever manicure later this week!!

Those look great, well done on giving up the biting, so tough. I think the tips are pretty much perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Rimmel "isn't she precious ?"

• Advertisement

Catrice the monkey gets funky and barry m lychee. The monkey is such a pretty colour irl. Has a really subtle shimmer, and it's the first brown I've ever bought. The brush is a disaster though. It's uneven and has a couple of really long sticky out bristles. Really hard to get a neat line with it.

Catrice the monkey gets funky and barry m lychee. The monkey is such a pretty colour irl. Has a really subtle shimmer, and it's the first brown I've ever bought. The brush is a disaster though. It's uneven and has a couple of really long sticky out bristles. Really hard to get a neat line with it.

Gorgeous.

Immediately made me think of having a creamy hot chocolate in Bewley's Chocolate Cafe!

Breast Cancer Awareness manicures this month!

Sinful Colors pink forever (boots.ie) and P2 Glitter in "go crazy" (sent to me from a German friend)

pink.jpg

Breast Cancer Awareness manicures this month!

Sinful Colors pink forever (boots.ie) and P2 Glitter in "go crazy" (sent to me from a German friend)

That's fab! I love it, what glitter did you use??

That's fab! I love it, what glitter did you use??

P2 go crazy. P2 is a German brand, my friend sent me their glitter collection recently

1173849_617080531658002_950388433_n.jpg

Ooh those look nice! :D

I bought this the other day and I'm in love with it. It's a Catrice polish called Miami pINK.

Not my pic but it looks exactly like this:

Catrice-Miami-pINK.jpg

Ooh those look nice! :D

I bought this the other day and I'm in love with it. It's a Catrice polish called Miami pINK.

Not my pic but it looks exactly like this:

There are about 17 layers of varnish in that pic!

P2 go crazy. P2 is a German brand, my friend sent me their glitter collection recently

Thanks, I just realised you did say that in the last post. Sorry!

There are about 17 layers of varnish in that pic!

True. That's just overkill though, I only needed 2. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Barry M Magnectic Polish in Moon Dust (i think that's the shade I used).
    Think it turned out ok :)

68el.jpg

Advertisement