Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Messing around with a rose color and then white on the ring finger with roses drawn on. Will do again but will definitely change the green

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Spots and stripes, please try to ignore the ugly cuticles. :(
    I used NYC park ave and a black striper. Somebody said a few pages back that they can't wear nudes as the don't suit their skin tone, I would highly recommend this! I know it's not nude but it is a gorgeous neutral colour, the pic doesn't do it justice it for the sake of €2 or so in penny's it's worth a try

If it's possible to swoon over a nail varnish, that blue glitter just made me swoon! I must have it! Where to you but that beauty???

Am currently wearing Arcane Lacquer: Infinity..

Am loving it..it's so glittery and beautiful..I've gone a bit bananas buying polish in the last 2 months so I need to cool it for a while..there are just so many pretty colors!! Am currently waiting on this pretty:

If it's possible to swoon over a nail varnish, that blue glitter just made me swoon! I must have it! Where to you but that beauty???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That blue glittery polish is amazing! Want! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

PennyWren wrote: »

I got it from Llarowe . Be warned, your wallet will not thank you for visiting this site.

I got it from Llarowe . Be warned, your wallet will not thank you for visiting this site.

Temptation! I will stay strong!
    Until payday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I'm really disappointed with the quality of the Essie nail polishes I got for Xmas. I love the colours, but the polishes themselves tend to chip within a few hours, or a day after application.

I've used the base coat I always used, the Sally Hansen insta-dry topcoat and I wear rubber gloves etc when doing house work so don't know what is causing them to chip so quickly. None of my other, either more expensive or cheaper polishes chip as quick and I have other Essie polishes that don't chip as quickly either so I can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed with the quality of the Essie nail polishes I got for Xmas. I love the colours, but the polishes themselves tend to chip within a few hours, or a day after application.

I've used the base coat I always used, the Sally Hansen insta-dry topcoat and I wear rubber gloves etc when doing house work so don't know what is causing them to chip so quickly. None of my other, either more expensive or cheaper polishes chip as quick and I have other Essie polishes that don't chip as quickly either so I can't figure it out.

I only have one Essie polish and I find it useless: the strange thing is it seems to show no normal 'tip wear' but it chips really badly, no matter how carefully I apply it, base coat and top coat etc - I bought it in late summer 2013, so maybe the quality of the brand has deteriorated in recent times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I only have one Essie and find the durability appalling. Literally jumps off my nail in great chunks. And you need so many layers to get decent, non-streaky coverage. Will not be buying more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I only have one Essie and find the durability appalling. Literally jumps off my nail in great chunks. And you need so many layers to get decent, non-streaky coverage. Will not be buying more.

I'm another one, don't rate Essie polishes at all. My rimmel ones are better quality.
    Lovely colours but lousy quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Essie is probably the brand I own most of and I really like them! Never noticed any chipping issues any more than any other brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Essence Nude Glam in 05 café olé. Two coats, with Insta Dri top coat

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

New shellac <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bored.

Base Coat - Nail Essentials
    Sweet as candy - essence
    Smile line is desire - sinful
    Top Coat - Nail Essentials

2rf96pc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I bought a couple of Essence polishes from my local chemist the other day (and was told that Essence polishes are being pulled from chemists, can anyone confirm/refute this?). I got the following:

Crazy Fancy Love:
    crazy%2Bfancy%2Blove%2B2.jpg

Miss Universe:
    essence%2Bmiss%2Buniverse.JPG

Red Ahead:

EssenceRedAhead2.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I think that that might be true. Was in my local Dunnes the other day and noticed that they'd taken down the essence stand and replaced it with a different brand. Can't remember what brand that was though.

I need to get my hands on Miss Universe before they go now though!

It is so sad :( I'll have to hunt for where else, bar say Pennys I can buy it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah my local chemist are selling all their Essence stuff off for a euro.

I love Essence stuff in general so I'm raging it's being taken off the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I think that that might be true. Was in my local Dunnes the other day and noticed that they'd taken down the essence stand and replaced it with a different brand. Can't remember what brand that was though.

I need to get my hands on Miss Universe before they go now though!

It's replaced by Wet N Wild who's nail polishes are supposed to be great. I know lots of American bloggers who rave about them. Gonna try them myself.

• Advertisement

Now I AM eager to try the Wet N Wild polishes, but I wanna keep the Essence too.

So last week I booked myself a little hollier for September - a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise :D One of the ports is going to be in Jamaica so today I painted some Jamaican nails (didn't chance my arm doing a flag as was a bit wobbly and outta skinny brushes. might try that next time).

Colours are:
    Black - Astor Diamant Sensation
    Green - Catrice Limited Edition Coolibri in Virgin Forest
    Yellow - Catrice Limited Edition Glamazona in Lime Heart Is Beating Like A Jungle Drum

2014-01-27190806_zps5b8eff98.jpg

Dots and flowers. Really happy with how these turned out :)

So I mentioned above that I got three new polishes, well this is them on. The bluey one on my thumb/pinky took FOUR coats to not be seethru and icky looking :/

Snapchat-20140201044511_zpsfm41xoor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Sparkly pick me up nails :)

Ks8u2ZQ.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

WOW! Those are amazing Orlee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Thanks phasers - it looks amazing in the sunlight.

It's something from color Club but there's no name on the bottle. Not looking forward to taking it off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Its gorgeous Orlee, It looks like a tinfoil job for removal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Any good way of removing glitter nail varnish?
    Always have major problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

phi3 wrote: »
    Any good way of removing glitter nail varnish?
    Always have major problems with it.

Nails Inc remover is brilliant, I lay the cotton pad on the nail for maybe 20 seconds before wiping off and it takes off glitter polish a treat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

2r7o57d.jpg

Blue - an essence polish I got today
    Silver - rimmel
    Top coat - edge

Advertisement