Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Received a belated Christmas present over the weekend - Nails Inc Cracker set :)

The polishes are Baker St, Mayfair Mews, Trafalgar Crescent, Kings Road, Kensington High Street and Marleybone Lane.

Can't wait to try them but can't decide which one to start with! :o

image3xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

My first wet n wild polish. It's called saved by the blue and it's a really vibrant electric blue. I tried it plain and then thought I'd add a little bit of glitter because, glitter! I love an extra bit of sparkle!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ooh I'm liking that colour a lot! Is this the new brand that's sorta replacing Essence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Ooh I'm liking that colour a lot! Is this the new brand that's sorta replacing Essence?

Yeah, I haven't bought any of their stuff yet, dying to try it.

You all have such lovely nails :( I get acrylics or wear stick ons, but my cuticles are in bits!

I have heard rumour that it's going to replace essence but I hope it's not true. The polish seems ok so far. Nice brush, easy application and dries super fast. I'd definitely but another 1 or 17!

• Advertisement

I still have some Wet 'n' Wild polishes from years ago in the States. They used to be $1.49 each :) Great quality for the price and gorgeous colours. Can't wait to peruse their stand next time I'm in Dunnes.

bnagrrl wrote: »
    I still have some Wet 'n' Wild polishes from years ago in the States. They used to be $1.49 each :) Great quality for the price and gorgeous colours. Can't wait to peruse their stand next time I'm in Dunnes.

Prices are still about the same. I think that blue one was 1.99 or something like that

PennyWren wrote: »
    Prices are still about the same. I think that blue one was 1.99 or something like that

Wow that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Saw the new W&W stand in my local Dunnes, have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the range of colours available, especially compared to the huge range on Essence stands.

Anyway, I'll pick up one or two before I judge them further!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Shellac bikini pink.

image_zpsf127094c.jpg

Beautician couldn't over how tiny my nails were. So jealous of you all with lovely long nail beds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

PennyWren wrote: »
    I have heard rumour that it's going to replace essence but I hope it's not true. The polish seems ok so far. Nice brush, easy application and dries super fast. I'd definitely but another 1 or 17!

Meant to post in this thread the other day about this.

I was in Penneys and said to my sister 'oh I better stock up on essence stuff, they're being replaced by wet n wild.' Essence rep who was sorting out the stand stopped me and told me that Essence is absolutely NOT being replaced. It will remain in Penneys and chemists and will be only removed from Dunnes, due to them being too demanding (his words). I mentioned I'd read it on boards and he asked me to go back and post that essence will still be in penneys and chemists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

YEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love essence. I was so sad. Thanks for that GreenScreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

ladypip wrote: »
    YEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love essence. I was so sad. Thanks for that GreenScreen.

I felt bad. I had no excuse then to spend all my money stocking up. But I did it anyway :pac:

Money well spent!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I was in Kiko last weekend in London, got two polishes despite wanting the whole shop!

This is Light Lavender. My cuticles are a wreck, stupid no job meaning no manicures :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Post valentines day manicure with my first attempt at freehand roses :) Took me forever so pretty chuffed with my first go

MUqCjmDl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got gelish done yesterday for the first time and I'm not overly impressed. The colour is a bit sheer and I've a couple of chips already!! My actual nails have chipped already as well (3 of them). I'm going to call in tomorrow and hope it can be fixed but am quite disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

New shellac

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

got a rake of new polish off my wish lists from my husband from my birthday..have only got this on about an hour and haven't been able to stop looking at it..hopefully it's bright tomorrow so i can see it in all it's holo glory!!

indigo-flow-2.jpg

not my nails..picture from emily de molly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Has anyone tried the Tanya Burr nail polishes? Are they good? Do the last long?

I got Mavala Paris last week and I adore the colour, but it lasting power isn't great, chips easily and can be a bit streaky if you aren't careful with application :(

It looks neon in the pics, but its not neon in reality. Picture from Tudosobreesmaltes blog.

paris1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Meant to post in this thread the other day about this.

I was in Penneys and said to my sister 'oh I better stock up on essence stuff, they're being replaced by wet n wild.' Essence rep who was sorting out the stand stopped me and told me that Essence is absolutely NOT being replaced. It will remain in Penneys and chemists and will be only removed from Dunnes, due to them being too demanding (his words). I mentioned I'd read it on boards and he asked me to go back and post that essence will still be in penneys and chemists :)
    `
    Unfortch both Essence AND Catrice are going from my chemist to be replaced by Wet & Wild :( I am sad at the loss of the polishes but looking forward to trying W&W. I'll just have to spend a fortune stocking up on Essence/Catrice every time I go into town to Pennys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

God I miss this thread! Haven't been painting my nail in the last 6+ months due to work! have three weeks off now so looking forward to trying out ideas picked up from all of your lovely pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got gelish done yesterday for the first time and I'm not overly impressed. The colour is a bit sheer and I've a couple of chips already!! My actual nails have chipped already as well (3 of them). I'm going to call in tomorrow and hope it can be fixed but am quite disappointed.

I got my nails fixed free of charge. They didn't have a nail art person in though so unfortunately I lost out on that portion Still, delighted with them now! Could do my own art but I dont want to risk damaging them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Got this from Fragrance Direct, so hope it is good.

OPI Nicole by O.P.I Strengthener Plus NI 245 15ml

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/opi/opi-nicole-by-opi-strengthener-plus-ni-245-15ml/invt/0052920

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

GvgL4Ix.jpg?2

My latest purchases .... so ready for spring!

Got from the former Transdesign - http://www.nailsupplies.us/ ... not cheap but still a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the here! About €5 each all in

Now which one to wear first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Barry M Cyan Blue, one of my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

My last few goes of nails.

Tonights offering:

Snapchat-20140222054556_zpsv5vzmjuf.jpg

From my mam's birthday on Valentine's:

2014-02-14%2018.41.15_zpsjhtotbhd.jpg

2014-02-14%2018.40.11_zpsynevhzsp.jpg

And another from over the last lil while:

2014-02-10%2020.03.23_zpsx9fsocyy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Tanya Burr nail polishes? Are they good? Do the last long?

I got Mavala Paris last week and I adore the colour, but it lasting power isn't great, chips easily and can be a bit streaky if you aren't careful with application :(

It looks neon in the pics, but its not neon in reality. Picture from

I absolutely LOVE this type of candy apple red. ;)

Orlee wrote: »

My latest purchases .... so ready for spring!

Got from the former Transdesign - http://www.nailsupplies.us/ ... not cheap but still a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the here! About €5 each all in

Now which one to wear first :)

Lucky thing!!! Can I come over to your house and play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

OPI I have a herring problem - love this colour.

nails1.jpg

Advertisement