Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Young Turks by Colors by Llarowe..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQMBjw0Jv2O8O2sgfdmLc8mJ8_rFY7II9p6rpoo2P8Fe9uyxK68Q

It actually looks like it's glowing on my nails which sounds really weird but is awesome.

Had my heart broken by a polish I've been looking for for ages and then finally got and tried at the weekend and hated it so needed something to lift my polish spirits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Young Turks by Colors by Llarowe..

It actually looks like it's glowing on my nails which sounds really weird but is awesome.

Had my heart broken by a polish I've been looking for for ages and then finally got and tried at the weekend and hated it so needed something to lift my polish spirits!

So.....shinyyyyyy....

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

hi, looking for a recommendation please, for the most shiny top coat - want it to be as shiny as possible, thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

hi, looking for a recommendation please, for the most shiny top coat - want it to be as shiny as possible, thanks in advance :)

I would recommend Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

I find this one the best by far! It's available in penneys and anywhere else that stocks essence varnishes. It's called essence gel look top coat xxxl shine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

jellybear wrote: »
    I find this one the best by far! It's available in penneys and anywhere else that stocks essence varnishes. It's called essence gel look top coat xxxl shine :)

It NEVER dries though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

I find it perfect I have to say but everyone's different I suppose :) any recommendations yourself?

jellybear wrote: »
    I find it perfect I have to say but everyone's different I suppose :) any recommendations yourself?

Sorry, just realised how rude that looked! Didn't mean it to.
    Rimmel do a cheap and cheerful one that's pretty decent, or when I have the cash I like the OPI ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Essence used to do a matte top coat, which I loved, but I haven't been able to find it in over a year. Does anyone know of any decent (not too expensive) ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wet n Wild do one for 1.99, decent enough for the price IBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Wet n Wild do one for 1.99, decent enough for the price IBC.

Cheers, I'll check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I bought this 2 weeks ago and genuinely didn't think it would be any good. I love it!! I use it as a base and top coat and it dries really quickly. Delighted with it and it was less than €3

wet-n-wild-shine-l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

H&M do an alright one for a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Its mad even with varnish people differ. I got the wet n wild one anniehoo suggested and for me it ruined all my polish attempts. Funny how people differ.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Essence used to do a matte top coat, which I loved, but I haven't been able to find it in over a year. Does anyone know of any decent (not too expensive) ones?

I went on a massive hunt for a matte top cosy before Christmas and the only decently priced one that I managed to find was No 7 for about €8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I use the Rommel topcoat but I find it a bit useless. It takes so long to dry that I end up smudging my nails anyway.

Edit: Rimmel. Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I went on a massive hunt for a matte top cosy before Christmas and the only decently priced one that I managed to find was No 7 for about €8

Cosy Siomha really ? ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Cosy Siomha really ? ;)

Autocorrect. Blame the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I use the Rommel topcoat but I find it a bit useless. It takes so long to dry that I end up smudging my nails anyway.

Baaaahahaha Rommel topcoat!

All the other varnishes fear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Baaaahahaha Rommel topcoat!

All the other varnishes fear it.

Whooops!

It is the most dastardly and bigoted of the topcoats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Whooops!

It is the most dastardly and bigoted of the topcoats!

Even the Dessert Fox needed a decent manicure ;)

I use HK Glisten & Glow as a fast drying and mega shiny top coat. I alternate between that and Poshe and love them both.

currently wearing Connie, You Saucy Minx by Colors By Llarowe. It's like a cross between Chanel Taboo & Max Factor Fantasy Fire with a really lovely shimmer when the lights on and it's a gorgeous dairy milk purple with no light on it..mad about it!
    blogger-image--1526525172.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Mixed neon nails

F282B870-E53E-4415-8BE2-1C13A7F49E08_zpsfxk5fmgq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

es1aq0.jpg

Got a two week gelish manicure. So good to have neat nails and not have to worry about them.

My nails are very weak and no matter what I do peel and break. When I have then done they seem to grow so they are currently quite short.

Wearing Too Yacht to Handle by China Glaze. Lovely bright colour but the formula is one of the worst I've ever seen. So streaky and lumpy..It took ages to get it evened out..Plus it's probably a bit too similar to colours I've already got in my stash :(

china-glaze-too-yacht-to-handle-swatches.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Purple daisies! I've never done daisies before and I did too many :( they look a bit smushed but I'll know for next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

27xfkwg.jpg
    Neon green by essence
    Gold by essence but sinful nude on top to dull it down.
    Black fine tip nail art pen from beauty express

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked these up in TK Maxx

Nails Inc - Old Bond Street

nails+inc+old+bond+street.jpg

Nails Inc - Savoy Hill

NailsInc+SavoyHill.jpg

Nails Inc - Bruton Mews

4tafc6.jpg

Nails Inc - St. Martin's Lane

300zhok.jpg

I also picked up a bright pink Bourjois polish but there is no name on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So my local chemist finally got their Wet n Wild stand in. Urge to buy ALL OF IT!!!

I resisted though. I bought a couple glitter eyeshadows and the following polishes (for now!)

Mega Rocks Glitter Topper in Creative Control:

mIrOuu4BclbEpn0laFLhA9A.jpg

Wild Shine Polish in Caribbean Frost:

Wet-n-Wild-Wild-Shine-Caribbean-Frost.jpg

Wild Shine Polish in Dreamy Poppy:

19090949612.jpg

Wild Shine in Eggplant Frost:

IMG_6233.JPG

Wild shine in Red Red:

wet+n+wild+red.jpg

Can't wait to wear them :D

• Advertisement

Ignore the chewed fingers please!

DSC_0861_zpsb1d72bae.jpg

Advertisement