Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Barry M. 305 Pink Flamingo

2nd bottle of Barry M i've bought, find it a bit streaky going on and a bit translucent, always do 2 coats with any polish :(
    Is it just me????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

2nd bottle of Barry M i've bought, find it a bit streaky going on and a bit translucent, always do 2 coats with any polish :(
    Is it just me????
    I find that too sometimes with BarryM.

Navy the only BarryM colour that I only need two coats with.

I find Vivid Purple is a nightmare to dry. It takes ages for it to dry on me, and I only ever put on one thin layer at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Is it just me????

I was wearing Pink Flamingo earlier this week and found 2 coats gave nice even coverage, not streaky at all. Maybe I just got an exceptional bottle! :D

I'm wearing Steady As She Rose by OPI today and it took 3 thin coats to cover up the streaks. (After me saying before I never had a problem with OPI polishes!!:rolleyes:) I found the same with Essie Chinchilly. I think the creme colours are just a bit trickier to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Love it!

IMAG0438.jpg

Think I'll be getting Super Bossa Nova next :)
    musical.x wrote: »
    i hate when that happens!!!:mad:
    Thought it was just me ...

I picked up some Essence Multi Dimension Nail Polish - Purple Cherry in town today and am wearing it now.

I love it, it's my new favourite Purple polish :D I love how it applies :D

Excuse the messy application, I was lil excited :D:o

Essence+Purple+Cherry+1.jpg

Essence+Purple+Cherry+2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Rimmel PRO Black Pearl
    166395.jpg

Black Pearl with China Glaze Fairy Dust.
    166396.jpg

Just got a message from the seller saying these products are leaking and he can't send them now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Just got a message from the seller saying these products are leaking and he can't send them now :(

Is that Beautyzone2007? They emailed saying the same to me :mad: I think something is up with them!! :confused:

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Is that Beautyzone2007? They emailed saying the same to me :mad: I think something is up with them!! :confused:
    Yeah that's them hun.

I'm just gonna get a refund from them, they haven't anything else I want really :(

Orlee wrote: »
    Love it!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WoxOtvDLWkg/ThdYMpbB0dI/AAAAAAAAB8c/CsEqKcHOYZc/IMAG0438.jpg

Beautiful colour, is it a lilac or blue colour hun?

• Advertisement

I just ordered this off Asos!! Dammit why do you have to take laser and have free shipping!! Well it was only 2.50 so meh!

Barry M - Fuchsia
    image1xl.jpg

Yeah that's them hun.

I'm just gonna get a refund from them, they haven't anything else I want really :(

It's frustrating though! Twice in the past month the polishes have broken in the package! I'll be going back to my usual ebay user I think.

Asphyxia wrote: »
    It's frustrating though! Twice in the past month the polishes have broken in the package! I'll be going back to my usual ebay user I think.
    Agreed hun.

Can you PM me your usual seller please?:o

Agreed hun.

Can you PM me your usual seller please?:o

Yes I will :D

Yay should checked ebay and my Essie polishes have been shipped :) Hopefully I'll get them soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Hey guys saw some people wanted to see about Essence Studio Nails I bought them the other day and they're great! Both penneys in o'connell street and mary street have them :D

I reviewed them completely in my blog if anyone wants to see

Wow they look really cool I'm tempted to try them myselfc:D

Ohh you should they only 10e so its really good value:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Hey guys saw some people wanted to see about Essence Studio Nails I bought them the other day and they're great! Both penneys in o'connell street and mary street have them :D

I reviewed them completely in my blog if anyone wants to see
    http://nail-affair.blogspot.com/2011/07/essence-studio-nails.html

Please do not link to your blog again. When you have reached 25 posts you may add a link to it in your sig.

Please do not link to your blog again. When you have reached 25 posts you may add a link to it in your sig.

Oh sorry didnt know that, took out the link!

Love it!

Beautiful colour, is it a lilac or blue colour hun?

It's more a blue colour ... Catrice Dirty Berry is exactly the same finish but with a more purple tone - It's wearing pretty well. Been playing outside with a 2 year old all day and not a mark on the Essie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I bought Catrice 'Scream Peach' and have been wearing it all week on my toes. I won't show you a picture of it on my toes, as I don't think anyone should have to look at my feet, and I bite my finger nails (awful habit!!). Although since started reading this thread, I've tried to stop cos I want to try some of the amazing colours!

Application was really easy! Its a lovely summery colour! Had to apply two coats, but I find that with most nail varnishes.

OPI Sparrow Me the Drama - Really nice soft dusky pink

IMAG0441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just got back from Birmingham and they had a thing called the Malibutique, where they were giving out the new nails inc cocktail collection nail varnishes. I managed to get the cosmo and mojito ones.

polish_all.jpg

Will try them out and post pics over the next day or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Ooo love the colour Orlee! Can't wait to get my delivery!!

How long does millies delivery normally take? Ordered Thursday! I've no patience!

I'd say Monday ... they're really quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'd say Monday ... they're really quick :)

Soooo excited! Had such a crap day today, customer in work threatened me and threw a punch! Luckily for me and his two small kids he missed! In need of cheering up!!

Hope it's Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

OPI Sparrow Me the Drama - Really nice soft dusky pink
    how many coats did it take? i hate when you can still see your nails when you paint them! yours look perfect though. i love how dinky the bottle looks in your hand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

Here are my fingers AND TOES:D
    Wearing Barry M Berry Ice Cream.2 coats plus Barry M undercoat and topcoat.Excuse the picture,not too clear!

Sorry about the quality.Was using the daughter's mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just tried out Malibu from the Nails Inc cocktail collection. I'm really impressed with nails inc nail varnish! I think I might have to get around to buying some!

Please excuse the messy application!

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    how many coats did it take? i hate when you can still see your nails when you paint them! yours look perfect though. i love how dinky the bottle looks in your hand :D

Took two relatively thick coats to be completely opaque. It's not the easiest to apply - this first was really streaky but the final result is nice, just takes a little longer than normal to apply and let the coats dry properly. Love the colour though so it's totally worth it :)

I have a lot of strong colours in my collection so I'm on the lookout now for some similar pastel shades cause they are so easy to wear, especially in work.

Have this on today but it'll definately have to go for work :(

Essence Call it Fame with OPI Black Shatter and Top Coat
    IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

Advertisement