Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Rimmel 60 seconds in 810 - Blue my Mind
    Rimmel I love lasting finish in 500 - Disco Ball
    Matte top coat :)

028.jpg

Edit: Woah, that light makes it look super messy! It actually came out quite neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Was in Boots in Liffey Valley today and wow, I'm in love with the Models Own Pro nail varnishes. I tried to buy 2 of them but 1 was recalled or something so the lady at the till wouldn't let me have it >_< Will paint my nails tomorrow with the 1 I bought to show you. I think it's so nice. I want them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Got my Millies Order today!

OPI Teenage Dream - Katy Perry Collection

img0409zc.jpg

img0410z.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Jwacqui wrote: »

Got mine too! Love them all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Purple_Bobbin
    Is the beauty emporium legit though?

They are selling M.A.C and other top brands for very little compared to the likes or Arnotts, Brown Thomas etc.
    I have absolutely no idea, but I'm fairly familiar with OPI so I will let you know when they arrive

I got my order from Beauty Emporium today, some Sleek makeup and 2 China Glaze, 1 OPI - comparing them to my own, they're exactly the same, smell the same, same writing on bottles, apply the same, so I don't know how they do it, but I'd be almost 100% sure that the stuff is genuine. Can't vouch for their MAC or Bobbi Brown but happy with the polishes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

tomissex wrote: »
    Got mine too! Love them all! :D
    which ones did you get?:)

musical.x wrote: »
    which ones did you get?:)

The mini Katy Perry OPIs. So cute!

Today's nails:

283124_2048085115183_1036089616_32324039_1730138_n.jpg?t=1310563472
    My Deathly Hallows is a bit wonky but ah well!

Gryffindor: Rimmel I love lasting finish in Double Decker Red and Dunnes own brand Yellow polish
    Ravenclaw: Model's Own Feeling Blue and elf Champagne
    Deathly Hallows: Rimmel 60 Seconds Grey Matter and Maybelline Express Finish in Onyx
    Slytherin: Barry M Spring Green and Rimmel Grey Matter
    Hufflepuff: Black and Yellow as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Photo281.jpg

Models Own Pro, in Kiss My Brass.

tomissex wrote: »
    The mini Katy Perry OPIs. So cute!

Today's nails:

My Deathly Hallows is a bit wonky but ah well!
    awwwwh love that!!!! what polishes did you use? :D

awwwwh love that!!!! what polishes did you use? :D
    Should have put that in the original! Sorry!

Gryffindor: Rimmel I love lasting finish in Double Decker Red and Dunnes own brand Yellow polish
    Ravenclaw: Model's Own Feeling Blue and elf Champagne(looks quite bronze over the blue, it was all I had! :p)
    Deathly Hallows: Rimmel 60 Seconds Grey Matter and Maybelline Express Finish in Onyx
    Slytherin: Barry M Spring Green and Rimmel Grey Matter
    Hufflepuff: Black and Yellow as above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Nails Inc Shoreditch.

Without flash, photo / swatch taken in natural sunlight.

Nails%2BInc%2BShoreditch%2B1.jpg

With flash.

Nails%2BInc%2BShoreditch%2B2.jpg

Have to say, I'm not too impressed with Nails Inc Lexington Street, only a few hours after I applied it, it had chipped.

IRL it's not close to how it looks in the promo pic, that said, I wasn't expecting it to be exactly the same, but if it was even close I would have been happier with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Jwacqui wrote: »

OPI Teenage Dream - Katy Perry Collection

I love this, but do you find it hard to remove the glitter?

SarahJ wrote: »

Sarah, I use the foil method for removing glitter polish, this is a clear youtube video on it:

Sarah, I use the foil method for removing glitter polish, this is a clear youtube video on it:
    QUOTE]
    nice of you to put a video up :)

SarahJ wrote: »

I took one off yesterday to try all the other colours! So impatient! And it was nightmare! The cotton pad tore to shreds! Gonne try that foil method tomorrow! Gotta take em off before work! :o

Thanks for the video Shanna. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Recieved a package in the post of a nailpolish from Hong Kong! I never ordered it?? It's all wrote in Chinese? It's a lovely purple colour and I could really see myself buying it!! Strange :confused:

Tried the foil method of taking them off today. Worked perfect!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Recieved a package in the post of a nailpolish from Hong Kong! I never ordered it?? It's all wrote in Chinese? It's a lovely purple colour and I could really see myself buying it!! Strange :confused:

That's kinda creepy!

maybe you have a secret admirer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

maybe you have a secret admirer :p

That's even creepier.

• Advertisement

That's even creepier.
    yeh but free polish :D totally worth it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Mavala, 74 Los Angeles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

ha weird but awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

IMG_1141.JPG

My ice-cream nails today :) Models own nyla nude for the cone colour, then some rimmel lycra pro colours for the ice cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

521.jpegMint Green

520.jpegBright purple

443.jpegNavy

585.jpeg Mushroom

578.jpeg Strawberry ice cream -dont know why the pic is this colour, its pink in real life! :rolleyes:

389.jpeg Raspberry

519.jpeg Fushia

577.jpeg Berry Ice Cream,,, a lot nicer/brighter in real life

375.jpeg Vivid Purple

Ive Berry Ice Cream on at the moment, its fab

If anyone needs a recommendation for a really good top coat that also dries your nails, try this:
    [Embedded Image Removed]
    Its fab, dries really quickly to a rock hard finish and makes your nails look super-shiny!

Will be trying out that Rimmel one next - Misty Jade :D

I took this using my phone so forgive for it being bad.

Essie - Smooth Sailing
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=735&filename=s7xf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

I'm really annoyed because it's an amazing colour with silver, pink and green shimmer running through it.

BTW I found out that I had purchased that polish from ebay at the start of the month but forgot, I got it off a Chinese ebay seller and it cost 1.58 including shipping the user has loads of really cheap polish for 1.58 on "Buy it Now" offer. P&P is free. I'm interested in trying this out and if it's good I might try the cheap crackle polish they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Catrice 520 Apricot - really impressed with the drying time of this polish!!! The colour was a bit boring so i painted over with Essence 03 Fashion victim for a wee twinkle.
    nailsjuly007.jpg

BTW I found out that I had purchased that polish from ebay at the start of the month but forgot, I got it off a Chinese ebay seller and it cost 1.58 including shipping the user has loads of really cheap polish for 1.58 on "Buy it Now" offer. P&P is free. I'm interested in trying this out and if it's good I might try the cheap crackle polish they have.

That always happens me with stuff I buy on eBay from China, I make that many impulsive buys that I end up receiving random things in the post that I've completely forgotten I'd bought. Awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sumthng2say10

That always happens me with stuff I buy on eBay from China, I make that many impulsive buys that I end up receiving random things in the post that I've completely forgotten I'd bought. Awesome :)

i know there are so many cool things on ebay from china for dirt cheap especially to do with nails and nail art!!!!

Advertisement