Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Nails Inc - The Cocktail Collection

Mali Blush

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMali%2BBlush.jpg
    Taken outside in natural evening light without flash

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMali%2BBlush%2B1.jpg
    Taken inside with flash

Malibu Cosmo

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMalibu%2BCosmo.jpg

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMalibu%2BCosmo%2B1.jpg
    Taken inside with flash

Malibu Mojito

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMalibu%2BMojito.jpg

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMalibu%2BMojito%2B1.jpg
    Taken inside with flash

The Cocktail Collection

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B1.jpg
    Taken inside with flash

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B2.jpg
    Taken inside with flash

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B3.jpg

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Just tried water marbling my nails tonight, had a lot of fun doing it.

Sorry about the pics, couldnt get a proper photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Karona wrote: »
    Just tried water marbling my nails tonight, had a lot of fun doing it.

Sorry about the pics, couldnt get a proper photo.
    How did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Mint Green
    Berry Ice Cream,,, a lot nicer/brighter in real life
    :D
    :eek: i have both of these on my "need to buy" list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

How did you do that?

There are loads of videos for Water Marbling on Youtube, its very easy to do, just a bit messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Hey guys a busy polish buying week for me, probably wayyy more then I needed but I got a job yesterday actually doing nail art so more money to spend on polishes, whoooo!

Anyways long story short, has anyone seen Sally hansen nail polishes anywhere? I've been looking for them everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

musical.x wrote: »
    :eek: i have both of these on my "need to buy" list :D

Ha ha great minds think alike!
    I havent tried the mint green yet but the berry one is fab, got loads of compliments when I wore it in work and even in shops I went into when I was paying for stuff (most likely more nail varnish!) :D

Got this tonight, going to put it on later for my date tomorrow night ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTieZGoNvLioDGyh8krSM7MQuybaL67WUI6TPRnXhUC9YTOQdZfGA

Couldnt find the Rimmel Misty Jade I went for but this looks good too:D

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Hey guys a busy polish buying week for me, probably wayyy more then I needed but I got a job yesterday actually doing nail art so more money to spend on polishes, whoooo!

Anyways long story short, has anyone seen Sally hansen nail polishes anywhere? I've been looking for them everywhere!

Congrats on job (dream job) :D

Last time I was in Boots in Dundrum they had them there, Unicare in Blackrock SC have them too

Congrats on job (dream job) :D

Last time I was in Boots in Dundrum they had them there, Unicare in Blackrock SC have them too

Thanks, couldnt believe I got it! Hmm I didnt see them when I was there but i'll be going there couple times a week now thanks to the job and will be sure to look out for them there! Thanks :D

Thanks, couldnt believe I got it! Hmm I didnt see them when I was there but i'll be going there couple times a week now thanks to the job and will be sure to look out for them there! Thanks :D

Come to think of it it was mainly the top coats etc they had hanging up around where the manicure stuff is. But Unicare defo had them in different colours in Blackrock and I was only there this evening:)

• Advertisement

Come to think of it it was mainly the top coats etc they had hanging up around where the manicure stuff is. But Unicare defo had them in different colours in Blackrock and I was only there this evening:)

Ah ok well i'll have to find a way to get out to Blackrock or some other unicare store!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I forgot to mention that I received the Essie Summer collection the other day :) It's fantastic.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=739&filename=hmdns.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that I received the Essie Summer collection the other day :) It's fantastic.

That blue!! So pretty :) It all looks nice and summery^^

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

I seen the new Sally Hanson range in a chemist in Sligo but prob not much use to you :rolleyes:
    I've been admiring everyone's fab Catrice polishes for the past few weeks thinking to myself a) I'm not gonna find them in Sligo and b)they look pretty expensive. So imagine my surprise when I found them in 2 chemists in Sligo:eek: and that they're only €2.29 :eek:
    So I treated myself to 7 Catrice :D and 2 other polishes - the bf was not happy as i pulled them outta the bag one by one but when I explained the price he couldn't complain :D
    See attachments (Can anyone let me know how to post my own images as an image without having to make it an attachment? I can copy and paste images from the web but when i copy my own pics they won't paste in)

L-R: Catrice-up in the air. Catrice-Wear my sunglasses at night. Catrice-Iron Mermaiden. Catrice Ultra Matte Nudes-Mona Lisa is staring back. Catrice-Forget-me-not! Catrice-Quick Dry and High Shine Top Coat. Catrice-Limited Edition-Papagena. Calvin Klein-Sheer Sparkle. Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Vixen
    Other pic is Catrice-Limited Edition-Papagena:)

corryworry wrote: »
    I seen the new Sally Hanson range in a chemist in Sligo but prob not much use to you :rolleyes:
    I've been admiring everyone's fab Catrice polishes for the past few weeks thinking to myself a) I'm not gonna find them in Sligo and b)they look pretty expensive. So imagine my surprise when I found them in 2 chemists in Sligo:eek: and that they're only €2.29 :eek:
    So I treated myself to 7 Catrice :D and 2 other polishes - the bf was not happy as i pulled them outta the bag one by one but when I explained the price he couldn't complain :D
    See attachments (Can anyone let me know how to post my own images as an image without having to make it an attachment? I can copy and paste images from the web but when i copy my own pics they won't paste in)

L-R: Catrice-up in the air. Catrice-Wear my sunglasses at night. Catrice-Iron Mermaiden. Catrice Ultra Matte Nudes-Mona Lisa is staring back. Catrice-Forget-me-not! Catrice-Quick Dry and High Shine Top Coat. Catrice-Limited Edition-Papagena. Calvin Klein-Sheer Sparkle. Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Vixen
    Other pic is Catrice-Limited Edition-Papagena:)

Ohh some good luck there! Catrice is such amazing prices who could complain lol!

To put an image up if its on the web somewhere right-click on it and choose view image info. Then copy the entire location link. Next time you put up a pic just choose the picture icon and paste in the link code:D

Just tried the marbling and it's amazing!
    ignore the messy cuticles-not bad for a first attempt :D
    my fave is my middle finger.
    281810_10150322856521321_624451320_9755766_7788049_n.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just tried the marbling and it's amazing!
    ignore the messy cuticles-not bad for a first attempt :D
    my fave is my middle finger.

Did you follow a tutorial or how did you do it? I think it looks great! :)

I only heard of it earlier this evening when I read a post on the previous page of this thread so I did a you tube search and there's loads of vids!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Ah ok well i'll have to find a way to get out to Blackrock or some other unicare store!

Think all the unicares have them - Nutgrove does ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

girl_friday please do not quote images. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I found this cool tutorial but I haven't tried it yet:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUBMEzshgo

This was the blog I found it on: http://polishandpearls.com/howto-perfect-water-marble-nail-art/

Ha ha great minds think alike!
    I havent tried the mint green yet but the berry one is fab, got loads of compliments when I wore it in work and even in shops I went into when I was paying for stuff (most likely more nail varnish!) :D

Got this tonight, going to put it on later for my date tomorrow night ;)
    awh lucky! i actually never get complimented on my nails varnish!EVER! i'm going to get this and i swear if i dont get compliments i will scream :p good luck with your date :D hope all goes well. the polish might catch their eye ;)
    Catrice-up in the air.
    :D 7!!!! its going to be like art attack in your house!!!
    love the blue one! its such a soft colour.great price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stephcie

Is the beauty emporium legit though?

They are selling M.A.C and other top brands for very little compared to the likes or Arnotts, Brown Thomas etc.

Hi Purple Bobbin - I own Beauty Emporium and we are indeed legit. Some of our products such as MAC, Benefit and Smashbox etc are surplus and discontinued goods or sometimes liquidated stock from stores which have closed down . We are able to offer these products at lower prices because we do not have the same overheads associated with large department stores such as high rents, displays, staff training etc. You will notice that while we have products from these brands we do not carry full lines and once we sell out of what products we have listed it is not guaranteed that we will be able to get stock of the exact products again. We are also officials stockists of other brands such as Sleek Make-Up - where we carry the full range and update with new products as they are released.
    I understand your concerns as there are indeed many sites out there that sell counterfeit products and I hope my explanation goes someway to explain how we can afford to sell certain products cheaper. If you have any others questions - feel free to ask :)

Stephanie

stephcie, thank you for taking the time to post. Before you post again about your business please contact hello@boards.ie to discuss a Verified Representative Account. We do not allow businesses to post unless they do so. Thank you.

stephcie, thank you for taking the time to post. Before you post again about your business please contact hello@boards.ie to discuss a Verified Representative Account. We do not allow businesses to post unless they do so. Thank you.
    everytime i see this writing i get scared Bobblehead :rolleyes: i always worry its me :p

musical.x wrote: »
    everytime i see this writing i get scared Bobblehead :rolleyes: i always worry its me :p
    You noticed it though, didn't you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stephcie

Ah I see - my bad sorry :eek: - won't happen again. I wasn't posting in an attempt at advertising just to clear up a question posed by another member - I'll know next time thanks :)

stephcie wrote: »
    Ah I see - my bad sorry :eek: - won't happen again. I wasn't posting in an attempt at advertising just to clear up a question posed by another member - I'll know next time thanks :)
    No problem. :)

Pythia wrote: »
    I found this cool tutorial but I haven't tried it yet:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUBMEzshgo

This was the blog I found it on: http://polishandpearls.com/howto-perfect-water-marble-nail-art/

Good tutorial, very detailed.
    I used the one below - it's a bit quicker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbCFvs4jS0

• Advertisement

You noticed it though, didn't you? :p
    :D good point!but still.....:p

Advertisement