Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Purple_Bobbin, those two Essie polishes are lovely!

I'm wearing this today - Essence Multi Dimension 75 Tryin' To Be Cool

Excuse the (very) messy application :o the colour is also a little darker IRL.

I'm wearing that too, it's a really nice colour, i've been getting compliments about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Orlee wrote: »
    Catrice - Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans
    Lovely navy blue with a hint of shimmer in certain light. 1/2 Price in McCabes Dundrum :)
    Beautiful! Looks like amazing application too, I can never get it that smooth and glossy :)

This video I find good - It's pretty much how I paint my nails.
    Short strokes, stay away from the cuticle/sides and don't have too much or too little on the brush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J28ZPq3w9Y

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

musical.x wrote: »
    oh my god i love that!! but its way too dear for me :( are there any dupes of it around?

try essence nail polish in nearly nude I am wearing it at the moment and loving it! will try post a pic later. I only picked it up as I needed something neutral coloured but its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got Revlon's Sunshine Sparkle earlier in Boots. Post-it yellow, or Clinique moisturiser yellow! :)
    5652503893_ff7d32587b_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I tried the marbling last night and it was a disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I tried the marbling last night and it was a disaster!
    its fairly hard to get the hang of. keep trying though! its bound to turn out right eventually :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My polishes either didnt ''spread'' or just sank to the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Pythia wrote: »
    Got Revlon's Sunshine Sparkle earlier in Boots. Post-it yellow, or Clinique moisturiser yellow! :)

That's the nicest yellow I've seen in a long time, it's absolutely gorgeous!!
    My polishes either didnt ''spread'' or just sank to the bottom.

If they sink to the bottom you're using too much. Start off with a clean container of water and have a cocktail stick or skewer to hand. Drop ONE drop of polish in gently, almost exactly near the water, then if you're using other colours drop them inside the first drop. After you do one nail, you need to gather every bit of remaining polish out of the cup and do the drops again. Start off with a basecoat and just one or two colours, you'll get it, don't worry! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Today's nails: Catrice Enter Wonderland in Miracle Heaven with Barry M Grafitti over the top, then a coat of Essence Quick Dry Topcoat. Wanted blue nails but they looked really boring & hadn't used the Barry M in ages, so...

nailnailnail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

barry m strawberry ice cream

bmsic.jpg

Essence nearly nude have had this on almost a week and its going well! Its not as yellow as it seems in teh pic its a lovely nude shade

essence.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Got this tonight..
    Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans
    5133152934_eb8a883b52.jpg

Think I'll try a grey nail varnish next.. like the look of this one

London+weather+forecast1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

My sis was good enough to bring me home some opi sephora silver crackle topcoat from the US and it's the shiz!

OPI-Silver-Shatter-Swatches-smaller.jpg

These aren't my nails but it's how it looks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I bought my first bottle of nail polish yesterday. Ive been biting my nails since I can remember. So after finding this thread about 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted nails like yours, and kicked the habit!! Im now sporting a gorgeous midnight blue colour, which a friend spotted earlier and couldnt believe how long and cute they looked. Delighted! Thanks for the inspiration. :D:D

ELF Rosy Raisin - not great but for €1.70 I can't complain!

IMAG0537.jpg

IMAG0538.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

P3274741.jpg

Rimmel Pro Lycra in Ultra Violet (not my nails :))

My friend just gave me my birthday present....nail art!! :D:D Can't wait to use it!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStXXi6FEyqlvVQ3badZHoOnEvoi_aY9SmSRZvzTYRkqSRjEQSzkw
    this is actually a clear polish but when on it has a blueish hue in the light.
    this is great on its own and on top of other polishes :) i tried to capture it but its really hard!!! :p
    its called stargazer 114 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

this is actually a clear polish but when on it has a blueish hue in the light.
    this is great on its own and on top of other polishes :) i tried to capture it but its really hard!!! :p]

That's a pretty colour, I have a neon yellow Stargazer polish but I've only worn it about twice, I always go for different colours. They were selling Stargazer stuff in the pound shop not so long ago.

Today I am wearing Barry M 'Black Orange' I'll take a picture of it in a little while and post it up, it's a fantastic colour.

Asphyxia wrote: »
    That's a pretty colour, I have a neon yellow Stargazer polish but I've only worn it about twice, I always go for different colours. They were selling Stargazer stuff in the pound shop not so long ago.

Today I am wearing Barry M 'Black Orange' I'll take a picture of it in a little while and post it up, it's a fantastic colour.
    glad your back! i was going to pm you. havent seen you here for a few days :)
    omg really! i love stargazer. they last ages without chipping and you can get normal colours too not just the crazy neons and stuff which is great!

glad your back! i was going to pm you. havent seen you here for a few days :)
    omg really! i love stargazer. they last ages without chipping and you can get normal colours too not just the crazy neons and stuff which is great!

Thank you, unfortunately I haven't been able to put up pictures since my point and shoot camera died on me and I'm still waiting on my DSLR! I've borrowed my sisters for a few days though so I'll be taking pictures galore :D

Yes I think Stargazer polish is great the formula seems to be decent for a cheap brand. I have an ebay user saved that sells it so I can PM you them if you like :)

Here's a picture of the Barry M Block Orange I'm wearing, I'm disappointed with the picture as the light makes it look uneven and bumpy! It's actually quite smooth IRL. I'm really loving Barry M, I'm thinking of wearing the Fuchsia colour tomorrow :D

nail%252520002.JPG

Yes I think Stargazer polish is great the formula seems to be decent for a cheap brand. I have an ebay user saved that sells it so I can PM you them if you like :)

/QUOTE]
    that would be great thanks!! you can only get like 3 colours here(seriously) in new look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Does anyone know do you have to put clear nail polish over the shatter polishes?

Does anyone know do you have to put clear nail polish over the shatter polishes?
    yeh if you want to help stop chiping but its not a necessity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

28-69-home.jpg

Just painting my nails this colour now.

Saffron London Neon green nail varnish

I've been trying this collection out for the past two weeks and I am loving it, finally I get to sit down and actually properly review it :D:D:D

Essie Summer Collection 2011

nail%252520001.JPG

/QUOTE]
    that would be great thanks!! you can only get like 3 colours here(seriously) in new look.

Sorry for the delay I just PM'd you there now. :D:D

NYC Bowery Park - €1.29! Lovely subtle shimmer :)

IMAG0542.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That's the nicest yellow I've seen in a long time, it's absolutely gorgeous!!

Thanks! Models Own have a similar one too called Lemon Meringue.

models-own-lemon-meringue-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Butter London - Cream Tea

My third attempt at applying this without it turning into a streaky mess!

Indoor (no flash)
    5967100754_9af0e624c4.jpg

Indoor (with flash) flash shows up streaks that aren't really visible in natural light
    5967099930_73ef87fc7e.jpg

Outdoor (natural light)
    5967099198_b4ecba8fb8.jpg

just bought these for college....ahem..:D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWU4R4kBa9cT4OuJukhrG7JPFvM31DEd2440Dc_oyjcPLSllWI 17 "forever"
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS76TD7sIF9FbrJWO_NE3cZFdNY8d2Z0kqeVMyZ936SwOdo9bgB17 "sweet kisses"
    got them both for €7 in boots. (not my nails)

• Advertisement

I'm really excited :D I had a peak in my little chemist in my town and they've started selling the Konad sets :D I never thought they would sell it here especially in such a small place! I'm going to have to save and get one :)

Advertisement