Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I'm really excited :D I had a peak in my little chemist in my town and they've started selling the Konad sets :D I never thought they would sell it here especially in such a small place! I'm going to have to save and get one :)

That's what my friend got me for my birthday! Can't wait to try it out!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I treated myself to one the other day but the colours that came in the set aren't ones I'd use much... Does anyone know anywhere stocking the individual polishes? Would love the silver and gold 5ml ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

if any of you are near Dundrum, McCabes on the top floor of the shopping centre stocks the nail stamping stuff :)

also they seem to be stopping stocking nubar polish as it's reduced to €2.50 a bottle (there's a few left on their reduced shelf) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Girls question for you all, saw a beautiful essie colour called tart deco, a peachy coral colour, so so pretty! Was wondering does anyone know of any good dupes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

how about Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail polish in snappy sorbet? they seem fairly similar.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiw6FE6z_toYkN8VQc5hTmNpKIyAUpAXQb4vEkrKhDG7y0s9P9FQSally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail snappy sorbet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDU5SoUMgm_JW4y8LTAnKXwSGV7cKmlAlHGxg1BxFe1uKiem2schina glaze peachy keen
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ61k7y1kO8RRdQkdlnjlyE_eG0_1ZG7Ab33NBprp-RlUa8U8G6essie tart deco
    (none of these are my nails btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Hey all, just saw in this months Stellar magazine, everyone who subscribes before August 3rd gets a gift of 4 Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes, worth 8.95 each. The polishes in the ad are a red, pink, blue and light yellow. It doesn't say if these are the colours you get or not, I presume they are.
    Subscription is e25 for twelve issues.
    I think I'll get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Nails Inc Special effects
    nailsinceffect012.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

My first time using one of those skinnier brushes, took me ages to find one! Its a very tacky look, but if you're into that sort of thing like me!

Edit...Ok my photo wont show up for me, what am I doing wrong? :/

315610508.jpg

315610508.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Success...

I'm really excited :D I had a peak in my little chemist in my town and they've started selling the Konad sets :D I never thought they would sell it here especially in such a small place! I'm going to have to save and get one :)

I'm so tempted to get one online because they aren't selling them where I am, or maybe I'll have a look around Dublin someday. Really to try Konad out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

My first time using one of those skinnier brushes, took me ages to find one! Its a very tacky look, but if you're into that sort of thing like me!

Edit...Ok my photo wont show up for me, what am I doing wrong? :/

uploaded with ImageShack.us

Success...
    what polishes did you use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm so tempted to get one online because they aren't selling them where I am, or maybe I'll have a look around Dublin someday. Really to try Konad out!

Yes I know :) I had a look online and the set they have in the chemist was 10 Euro dearer online :eek: I thought I'd get it for cheaper online? :confused: I really can't wait till I got some extra cash so I can snatch it up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I'm all about the tacky manicures :p
    I love it :D

I want to attempt a leopard print mani but am having trouble deciding on what colours to use!

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Girls question for you all, saw a beautiful essie colour called tart deco, a peachy coral colour, so so pretty! Was wondering does anyone know of any good dupes?

Hey here's a few that I found that you could get easy enough :D

Catrice - I scream Peach
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFqg7akTmk1Mj6uX5cuhcIMDYZHQLm4tG21egucdARJx8F9bZ2yQ

Max-Factor - Diva Coral
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLEp5oaZ6OuGWlLptrWi59Xdi07AoL9EQKTod1U6C9vzQrrsS_

Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuy-Ab1F36v_QVC6gKfg0B74SpzFercPi_Nl3loI_Bao89jKlPpw

Maybelline Colorama Coral Chic
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqg-ICjd9YWzm17NEXYmrYNplmZ3D5xe8LI9CaPiD_FNZ-HKgEqw

musical.x wrote: »
    what polishes did you use?

The art pen is from Claires
    The pink is 17 Lasting Finish in "Fairy Cake"
    The peach is Models Own "Peach Sherbet"
    And the lilac is a Barry M colour but its my sister so I'm not sure what shade it was!

dscn1011i.jpg

17 "Fairy Cake"

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Does anybody know of anywhere selling the konad sets in the south east? Long shot perhaps? If not recommend any sites?

musical.x wrote: »
    how about Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail polish in snappy sorbet? they seem fairly similar.
    Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail snappy sorbet
    china glaze peachy keen
    essie tart deco
    (none of these are my nails btw)

Ohhh thanks! Will definitely look out for these:) hopefully find the sally hansen one :)

Does anybody know of anywhere selling the konad sets in the south east? Long shot perhaps? If not recommend any sites?

I know on facebook there's a page konad ireland which lists all the stocklists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

here's the irish site http://nails2go.ie/ I got my set from them through a pigsback deal but if mccabes in Dundrum have it other mccabes should be able to get it in for you ;)

Hey here's a few that I found that you could get easy enough :D

Catrice - I scream Peach

Max-Factor - Diva Coral

Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal

Maybelline Colorama Coral Chic

That maybelline one is super pretty! ohh so many nice choices:D

• Advertisement

168259.jpg
    Black Barry M crackle over-
    China Glaze-Cha Cha Cha
    O.P.I-The One That Got Away
    O.P.I-Austin-Tatious Turquoise
    China Glaze-Awakening
    O.P.I-Ladies and Magenta-Men.

After I did the 17 Fairy Cake colour i had an urge to do something more exciting, but it didn't turn out as I imagined....and I did quite a sloppy job!

dscn1033s.jpg

I doubt anyone wants to re-create this mess, but the white is Rimmel & bright pink is Glo Baby Glo from Pennys!

Also I love this thread!

Where about? I'm based in Kilkenny and they have them in my little chemist outside the town.

Where about? I'm based in Kilkenny and they have them in my little chemist outside the town.

I'm in waterford but I shall be making a trip to kilkenny in the next two weeks or so. Where is the chemist near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

After I did the 17 Fairy Cake colour i had an urge to do something more exciting, but it didn't turn out as I imagined....and I did quite a sloppy job!

I doubt anyone wants to re-create this mess, but the white is Rimmel & bright pink is Glo Baby Glo from Pennys!

Also I love this thread!

That's so cute! Did you just use nail art pens for the leopard print?

I'm in waterford but I shall be making a trip to kilkenny in the next two weeks or so. Where is the chemist near you?

Well I live about 20 minutes outside the town in a little town so unless you're willing to travel that much out? I could send you a google map if you want.

That's so cute! Did you just use nail art pens for the leopard print?

Yep, just the bits in black!

Well whats the town, I'm familiar enough with kilkenny town and county.

Here's my swatches for the Essie Summer Collection - Brazziliant

nails%252520essie%252520003.JPG

nails%252520essie%252520002.JPG

nails%252520essie%252520004.JPG

nails%252520essie%252520006.JPG

nails%252520essie%252520005.JPG

nails%252520essie%252520007.JPG

My favorites would have to be Brazziliant and Smooth Sailing, they are very unique colours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Revlon Sunshine Sparkle - So happy and shiny :)

IMAG0555.jpg

Advertisement