Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CsiGirl

IMG000029.jpg

Me Messing :)

Nail Polishes:

Catrice - Forbidden Apple
    w7 Nail Polish - White
    Claires Accessories Nail art pen - Black & Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Inglot nail varnishes. I bite my nails (well I stuffed since becoming addicted with all the lovel colours on this thread!), I've tried them on my slowly growing, horrible looking nails so won't show you pics! The colours are gorgeous though, they have a huge selection of colours, and they seem to last a good while without chipping! It says on the website you need 2-3 coats but I've found you only need one. Colours I got are:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Inglot nail varnishes. I bite my nails (well I stuffed since becoming addicted with all the lovel colours on this thread!), I've tried them on my slowly growing, horrible looking nails so won't show you pics! The colours are gorgeous though, they have a huge selection of colours, and they seem to last a good while without chipping! It says on the website you need 2-3 coats but I've found you only need one. Colours I got are:
    do you buy them online? i like the first and last bottle! if the colours look nice on the nails then i would buy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Loving this colour it's so bright and stands out :D

barry%252520m%252520001.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Angelica - Hip Hop with white cracked effect. Feel like I'm 10 again, smells like old school varnish :)

IMAG0560%2525281%252529.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I'm wearing that Barry M Cobalt Blue! Freakin' loving it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

naiI'm surprised nobody has mentioned Inglot varnishes. I bite my nails (well I stuffed since becoming addicted with all the lovel colours on this thread!), I've tried them on my slowly growing, horrible looking nails so won't show you pics! The colours are gorgeous though, they have a huge selection of colours, and they seem to last a good while without chipping! It says on the website you need 2-3 coats but I've found you only need one. Colours I got are:

I didn't find them good at all!! chipping after two days :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i thought my nails were looking decent so i painted them with essence gold rush.only put one coat on with a stargazer top coat. my nails look awful!!! totally ruined the good mood i was in :(
    used these polishes:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCcUgdNZQvQhxPEeDE2RtYJxtqj2fzaZCUP47lz06Rp0i8tUkMkgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcStXXi6FEyqlvVQ3badZHoOnEvoi_aY9SmSRZvzTYRkqSRjEQSzkw
    (not my nails)

Catrice Sir, Yes Sir - lovely khaki colour

Catrice is definatley my current favouroite polish ...

IMAG0569.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Orlee wrote: »
    Catrice Sir, Yes Sir - lovely khaki colour

Catrice is definatley my current favouroite polish ...

I've had that shade for over a year now - It's one of my absolute favourites.

EDIT: actually just looked at the bottle and I have a slightly different shade Catrice No 200: From Dusk to Dawn (picture taken from Budget Beauty blog)

Catrice+FDTD+two+coats+dim+sun.JPG
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Inglot nail varnishes. I bite my nails (well I stuffed since becoming addicted with all the lovel colours on this thread!), I've tried them on my slowly growing, horrible looking nails so won't show you pics! The colours are gorgeous though, they have a huge selection of colours, and they seem to last a good while without chipping! It says on the website you need 2-3 coats but I've found you only need one.

I haven't found Inglot to be worth the price tag at all. Chips quite easily and too liquid. Not very impressed. They have a huge range of colours, which is quite tempting, but I won't be buying again.

Right now, I'm having a serious case of the lusts for the new Dior navy nail polishes - E22 apparently

Dior Tuxedo
    Dior-Tuxedo.jpg

Dior Blue Denim
    Dior%20Vernis%20607%20Blue%20Denim%20Nail%20bottle.JPG

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    do you buy them online? i like the first and last bottle! if the colours look nice on the nails then i would buy them!

No I buy them in the Inglot store either in Liffey Valley or Dundrum!

tan11ie wrote: »
    I didn't find them good at all!! chipping after two days :mad:

God have never found that with them and I use them on my toes all the time when I'm wearing sandals

dudara wrote: »
    I've had that shade for over a year now - It's one of my absolute favourites.

EDIT: actually just looked at the bottle and I have a slightly different shade Catrice No 200: From Dusk to Dawn (picture taken from Budget Beauty blog)

Oooooh, really really like that one! It's definately going on my list :)

Catrice are a bit weird about colours too ... sometimes they release the same named polish but the colours are actually different!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A product of bordem!! Excuse the sausage fingers....
    285098_247101155308149_100000248002190_951741_3584359_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Dior Tuxedo looks gorgeous.

I got this in Oasis today, butter London in British Racing Green. On sale for €6.

5986179778_a202d1b5f0.jpg

5985627989_7d95be2003.jpg

They also had another mustard yellow colour called Bumster but it wasn't for me!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    A product of bordem!! Excuse the sausage fingers....
    Sooo cute :)

Came accross this girl on you tube. Some amazing stuff and she makes it all seem so simple!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLtQdtqz3vg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
    Dior Tuxedo looks gorgeous.

I got this in Oasis today, butter London in British Racing Green. On sale for €6.

Lovely colour ... By Oasis do you mean the clothes shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Lovely colour ... By Oasis do you mean the clothes shop?

Yep, it was Oasis in Dundrum but they are probably in shops nationwide.
    They had the two polishes on a stand in the sale section.

Oh and it's a full size bottle too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Sooo cute :)

Came accross this girl on you tube. Some amazing stuff and she makes it all seem so simple!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLtQdtqz3vg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I love cutepolish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

tomissex wrote: »
    I love cutepolish! :)

Me too :D Was watching her all morning! Want to do the paint splosh one when I have a chance. Did her Harry Potter one the other week, must post the pic I took!

Her voice drives me nuts though!

Her voice drives me nuts though!

Yeah it's weird .. sometimes I don't mind it and then other times I actually have to watch with the sound off!!!

• Advertisement

DSCF37051600x1200.jpg?t=1311933715

Rimmel Lycra Pro in Ultra Violet with Konad stamped stars.
    This was my first time using my Konad stamper but I think they came out pretty ok!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

]Rimmel Lycra Pro in Ultra Violet with Konad stamped stars.
    This was my first time using my Konad stamper but I think they came out pretty ok!

That looks fab! I'm still trying to get the hang of Konad stamping. I just don't seem to be quick enough! :( Any hints?

That looks fab! I'm still trying to get the hang of Konad stamping. I just don't seem to be quick enough! :( Any hints?

I'm still learning myself but it really is about speed. Make sure there's a good blob of polish on the plate before you scrape as well. I put newspaper under all my stuff so I could just throw down the brush and the scraper instead of placing them neatly where they won't stain anything.
    Also, try not to clean the plate with nail polish remover before you're finished all your nails. I found that affected the stamper's ability to pick up the design.

Also, try not to clean the plate with nail polish remover before you're finished all your nails. I found that affected the stamper's ability to pick up the design.

That's probably where I'm going wrong as another hint I got was to clean the plate and stamper with nail varnish remover right before using them to ensure they were clean... Will try it again and see! Thanks! :)

Where's good for konad stuff? Dublin or online ... Ta :)

Rimmel Lycra Pro in Ultra Violet with Konad stamped stars.

Purple and stars, there's nothing better :D:D

Today I am wearing Barry M - Bright Purple :D I shall have a picture up soon!

Where's good for konad stuff? Dublin or online ... Ta :)

They've started stocking it in loads of pharmacies! Check out the Konad Ireland Facebook page for a list.

They've started stocking it in loads of pharmacies! Check out the Konad Ireland Facebook page for a list.

Brilliant, thanks a mill

I just watched the video on their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/KonadIreland?sk=app_7146470109
    It really creeped me out - like it was an alternate reality or something! Good advice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

I read this blog post about stamping this morning. There's a few tips down the page if it's any help.

http://rebeccalikesnails.blogspot.com/2011/07/faq-all-about-stamping-nail-art.html

• Advertisement

Barry M - Bright Purple :D

barry%252520m%252520001.JPG

Advertisement