Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Catrice Am I Blue or Green with OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui

My hobby is fast becoming an obsession!!!

IMAG0580.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

IMG_1339.JPG

What i'm wearing right now:) Essence fatal with the flaky glitter being Inglot 202.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

anyone know how much models own costs in boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Hey Musical
    Last time I seen Models Own polish in Boots was 2 for €10 so would guess about €7 each :)

Hey Musical
    Last time I seen Models Own polish in Boots was 2 for €10 so would guess about €7 each :)
    thanks lil :) i was just about to buy them on ebay but it would work out at around 7.50-8€ ! delighted i didnt now :D

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    thanks lil :) i was just about to buy them on ebay but it would work out at around 7.50-8€ ! delighted i didnt now :D

on their actual website they sometimes have great deals too! on facebook they announce discount codes too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Fingers crossed the offer is still on :)

Audrey_L wrote: »
    on their actual website they sometimes have great deals too! on facebook they announce discount codes too:D
    i'm not on facebook:p and lately i kind of feel bad buying things from other countries when i could just go to town and get them :) weird i know :o
    Fingers crossed the offer is still on :)
    i hope so! knowing the boots here it probably wont be :( i know they have a deal on rimmel at the moment so that'll do i suppose :rolleyes:

i'm not on facebook:p and lately i kind of feel bad buying things from other countries when i could just go to town and get them :) weird i know :o

i hope so! knowing the boots here it probably wont be :( i know they have a deal on rimmel at the moment so that'll do i suppose :rolleyes:

Understand it, im still hoping china glaze comes to ireland so i don't have to online buy, mostly because i dont have a paypal either haha:)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

When I was in Boots last weekend there was an offer that if you spent €14 (I think! Could have been buy 2 products as I was basing it on getting 2 polished at €7 each!) you got a shatter polish worth €9 free :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Orlee wrote: »
    Catrice Am I Blue or Green with OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui

My hobby is fast becoming an obsession!!!

Oooooooh!!!! Loving them! Can MY nails become YOUR hobby? :D

When I was in Boots last weekend there was an offer that if you spent €14 (I think! Could have been buy 2 products as I was basing it on getting 2 polished at €7 each!) you got a shatter polish worth €9 free :)
    oh thats not bad! i'm not fussed about the black shatter but if its free then its all good :p

Understand it, im still hoping china glaze comes to ireland so i don't have to online buy, mostly because i dont have a paypal either haha:)
    it would be so much easier if boots just stocked them! plus i worry about ordering polishes from outside ireland incase they arrive broken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

it would be so much easier if boots just stocked them! plus i worry about ordering polishes from outside ireland incase they arrive broken :(

all mine have been very bubble wrapped, no problems so far!

oh thats not bad! i'm not fussed about the black shatter but if its free then its all good :p

I don't know if they do a black shatter... It was silver (which was what I was looking for and LOVE!), purple, and I think turquoise and another colour. All looked fab!!

lainey316 wrote: »
    all mine have been very bubble wrapped, no problems so far!

I'm really aprehensive about buying online ... I'd be so disppointed to get fakes :(

Would love some China Glaze, Orly, Color Club, Kleancolor, Essie (that doesn't cost €13 a bottle!!!)

Must force myself to purchase but not sure where to start!

Orlee wrote: »
    I'm really aprehensive about buying online ... I'd be so disppointed to get fakes :(

Would love some China Glaze, Orly, Color Club, Kleancolor, Essie (that doesn't cost €13 a bottle!!!)

Must force myself to purchase but not sure where to start!

I've used http://stores.ebay.com/Enchanted-Beauty-Spot - think I saw it recommended on a blog... orders turned up within a week from the states.

but that blogger recommends http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/beautyzone2007 now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Shopped with these before in the past two months and two polish turned up smashed :mad::(

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Shopped with these before in the past two months and two polish turned up smashed :mad::(

How annoying! I haven't personally used them, just the other one I mentioned.

What kind of packing do they use?

How annoying! I haven't personally used them, just the other one I mentioned.

What kind of packing do they use?

It came in an envelope parcel, the polishes were bubble wrapped but considering they came from America I would of thought them to have done a better job! It's very frustrating.

I just ordered this a few minutes ago :D

Barry M - Acid Yellow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQykSbX-FNK8c-ScNIXwhgqrve8_tamj48P9r6oYb-VpKANP1ju

I'm starting to really get into my yellow polishes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I also shopped with these and my polishes were perfect when they arrived. Guess you were just unlucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Audrey_L, Do you have a Sally Salon Services anywhere near you? I've seen China Glaze there before.

Audrey_L Where are you based? There's a Sallys Salon down near me in Kilkenny that sells China Glaze, OPI and some other brands. The China Glaze is priced under 7 quid which is pretty decent. Did you say you were a nail artist? If you bring your certs to them they will give you a trade card and you can get discounts on what you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

There is a Sally's on drury street in Dublin Audrey....! ;) they have a decent array of colours and some nice little gift sets! :)

I don't know if they do a black shatter... It was silver (which was what I was looking for and LOVE!), purple, and I think turquoise and another colour. All looked fab!!
    i just copped your little eeyore picture. thats adorable :D

I'm wearing an Avon polish today, a popping electric blue colour :D I'll post a picture and correct name a little later :D

Managed to bag 500 nail art canes for a fiver :D:D I can't wait till they arrive! I've never used canes before.

1274251163927_hz_fileserver2_5081198.jpg

Managed to bag 500 nail art canes for a fiver :D:D I can't wait till they arrive! I've never used canes before.

Excuse my ignorance but what do you do with them?

Excuse my ignorance but what do you do with them?

This is a tutorial that gives you the jist of how they work :)

http://www.beauty-vibes.com/2010/07/how-to-use-fimo-canes-sweet-vs-bad-nail.html

Very excited!! :D:D I don't plan on having them look really tacky though! I wont be filling my nails like in many of the tutorials :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Catrice Snow Motion and Barry M Blue Nail Effect

IMAG0591.jpg

Advertisement