Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Audrey_L Where are you based? There's a Sallys Salon down near me in Kilkenny that sells China Glaze, OPI and some other brands. The China Glaze is priced under 7 quid which is pretty decent. Did you say you were a nail artist? If you bring your certs to them they will give you a trade card and you can get discounts on what you buy.

Well not a qualified one, i wish... But definitely would love to look at that store! Really wanna find china glaze for audrey haha:P i'll check out the one i have now found out is in dublin!!

Audrey_L, Do you have a Sally Salon Services anywhere near you? I've seen China Glaze there before.

I now know there is and will head there soon! Excited to see what they have:D

There is a Sally's on drury street in Dublin Audrey....! ;) they have a decent array of colours and some nice little gift sets! :)

Ohh i'll be heading there on next day off work!! Too exciting, hope they have the polish i want :) Gift sets you say? looking forward to checking it out~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

hey all :)
    i was doing some swatchs this morning. i used three coats of varnish and still i could see my nail line :mad: fair enough my nails are long but their not talons by any means. how do ye stop your nail line from showing without having to apply like 5 coats?
    i've finally got my nails to a nice length and cutting them would be a shame but i hate seeing the nail.looks so shabby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

musical.x wrote: »
    i was doing some swatchs this morning. i used three coats of varnish and still i could see my nail line :mad: fair enough my nails are long but their not talons by any means. how do ye stop your nail line from showing without having to apply like 5 coats?
    i've finally got my nails to a nice length and cutting them would be a shame but i hate seeing the nail.looks so shabby :(

I find using a base coat first helps this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I think it depends on the polish - a decent polish with good coverage should be opaque in 2 coats really. I do find a slightly milky base coat helps with the less opaque polishes - I use Essie Protein base coat, which looks white in the bottle - it kind of evens out the nail. I have very white tips naturally and it helps disguise visible tips under a sheer pink.

I find using a base coat first helps this :)
    lainey316 wrote: »
    I think it depends on the polish - a decent polish with good coverage should be opaque in 2 coats really. I do find a slightly milky base coat helps with the less opaque polishes - I use Essie Protein base coat, which looks white in the bottle - it kind of evens out the nail. I have very white tips naturally and it helps disguise visible tips under a sheer pink.
    i use a clear one if thats any good. i tried using a white one but it was awkward trying to make sure it was totally concealed:p
    i cant get essie where i live so i only really use cheaper brands for base coats. they do the same job and it ensures i can get food at college without worrying :D

I find it works better when it an off white or nudish colour.

The colour I use is Trousseau - China Glaze from The Exceptionally Gifted collection. (I got it for Chirstmas) Now you don't have to use this brand but I'd suggest looking for this colour. It's got a cream finish but the formula isn't thick. I've seen maybelline doing similar polishes.

462523.jpeg

took of essence gold rush today. i actualy quite liked it after a day or two! i will defo wear it again on a day when i dont feel like wearing something bold :) went back to wearing stargazer 114 for this week
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStXXi6FEyqlvVQ3badZHoOnEvoi_aY9SmSRZvzTYRkqSRjEQSzkw

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

photo1.jpg

Because a girl can never have too much sparkle! It's kinda hard to see in the photo but they are super glittery and sparkly :D

Catrice no. 300 - Be My Millionaire with China Glaze Polar Ice glitter polish and Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat. I heart sparkle! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Going to wear one of my all time favourites today - Chanel's Black Pearl

(photo taken from Temptalia blog)

chanel_blackpearl007.jpg

I won a lovely little French Manicure set last night in a goodie bag :) I haven't done my nail neutral in so long I might do them today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Vero

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

dudara wrote: »
    Going to wear one of my all time favourites today - Chanel's Black Pearl

This is the second chanel polish i've seen this weekend and I'm impressed. They're so rich looking. Love this shade here.

And can I just say Asphixia you are a bad influence :P when I saw the canes you bought I just had to purchase some myself. I have some cane flowers on my nails at the mo but I got much better value online! :) love this group:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is the second chanel polish i've seen this weekend and I'm impressed. They're so rich looking. Love this shade here.

Sometimes the Chanel shades are copied quite well by Catrice, or some of the other cheaper brands. But sometimes, they're unique and no one really makes a good cheap version. Black Pearl is one of those shades - I've never seen a comparable cheap version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My new favourtie blog ... www.thepolishaholic.com

Loving the OPI Muppet Themed Collection .... so very shiny and sparkly :)

Image from PolishAholic ...
    OPI%252520Muppets%252520Glitters%252520Display%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

WANT so very much!

Whoa! Your picture is HUGE!!

Yes I was reading about that a few months ago, it's hitting the US in November as far as I know but not sure over here yet.

Need to get me some :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ OPI sure love their sparkly polish! :P

I just ordered these from ASOS - Nails Inc Cashmere Collection:
    Nails-Inc-London-Nail-Polish-Cashmere-Collection.jpg

They'll be my first ever Nails Inc polishes! Love the colours - which is a bit odd; I'm usually a brights girl ^__^

Whoa! Your picture is HUGE!!

Yes I was reading about that a few months ago, it's hitting the US in November as far as I know but not sure over here yet.

Need to get me some :)

I know ... tried to resize asap!

^ OPI sure love their sparkly polish! :P

I just ordered these from ASOS - Nails Inc Cashmere Collection:

They'll be my first ever Nails Inc polishes! Love the colours - which is a bit odd; I'm usually a brights girl ^__^
    oh lord i want them now :rolleyes: kind of dear in fairness! but i might throw a few bob on the 3v card and see what happens :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

indigo.jpg

Barry M in Indigo.

Finally getting paid this week, I'm gonna get loads of new polishes, and definitely some matte top coat. Honestly, I'm pretty excited :pac:

Gorgeous colour Twee :) I'm loving Barry M polishes!!

I've put myself on a polish ban for now, I want to save up for certain collection that's coming out in a few weeks.

Going to try my hand at some nail art in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Can anyone recommend a good matte top coat?

I saw this OPI one on ASOS but I refuse to pay £18 for it.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I use the Rimmel one and find it good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

oh lord i want them now :rolleyes: kind of dear in fairness! but i might throw a few bob on the 3v card and see what happens :p

They were €20 on ASOS, so I kept telling myself that it works out at a fiver each so it's cheap :P Free delivery as well!

I find the Essence matte top coat pretty good! Also I think I saw that OPI one in Boots, but I can't remember the price. I can check for you tomorrow if you like?

The Essence one works a treat and is on €2.50 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I use the Rimmel one, got it on asos.com for about €5. I've posted it here a couple of times and I think it's great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks a million guys.
    I find the Essence matte top coat pretty good! Also I think I saw that OPI one in Boots, but I can't remember the price. I can check for you tomorrow if you like?
    I'd be great if you could check the OPI in Boots for me.

Thanks again guys, appreciate all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Shocking Pink!!
    Sorry for poor quality pic :( too lazy to get proper camera :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Anyone got any pictures of the matte top coat on? I saw the O.P.I one in salon services this week and remember thinking twas quite dear. Must go back and have a look.

Advertisement