Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

This is OPI Suzi says feng shui with Essence Matt top cost

OPI%252520-%252520Suzy%252520Says%252520Feng%252520Shui.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'm wearing Catrice - Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans. Really like it and it looks lovely if you're wearing a plum coloured outfit ;)

Mine looks like this in rl (not my pic)

hipqueens1.jpg

here's a pic i saw online that shows the shimmer but the colour is much darker on my nails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Paid a visit to Sally Salon Services today in Drury Street. Their China Glaze stock isn't great but it'll tide me over! Lots of OPI though

Got 108 Degrees ... €6.99

china-glaze-108-degrees-156x156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I was going in to Sallys to buy some nice nail varnish for my brothers wedding today and the woman behind the counter told me if I didn't have a trade card I would have to leave. I was SO pissed off.....I'm a paying customer like. I've been in there a fair few times and other girls has been so helpful but I've never come across a wagon like her. :mad:

(sorry for the derail...but WTF LIKE :mad::mad: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Wearing a lovely teal colour by Misguided :) I'll post a picture lately.

I got a lovely gift voucher the other day from Sallys after sorting out my things there :) It's only 20 quid but I'll use it to buy my shampoo :D Still on a nailpolish ban but waiting for four polishes to come in the post...Very Excited!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Guys you have to get this polish!! Its from marks and spencers and its a holographic! Much better application the Gosh :) I love it <3

IMG_1408.JPG

I was going in to Sallys to buy some nice nail varnish for my brothers wedding today and the woman behind the counter told me if I didn't have a trade card I would have to leave. I was SO pissed off.....I'm a paying customer like. I've been in there a fair few times and other girls has been so helpful but I've never come across a wagon like her. :mad:

(sorry for the derail...but WTF LIKE :mad::mad: )

Oh god thats a load of crap! I'm planning to go there tomorrow hope she's not there :confused: Hope you can find some other nice polish for your brothers wedding:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ordered off eBay

Essie - Watermelon

DSC_0881.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Guys you have to get this polish!! Its from marks and spencers and its a holographic! Much better application the Gosh :) I love it <3

So pretty! Does a top coat ruin the holographic effect of the polish?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Ordered off eBay

Essie - Watermelon
    Love that!

• Advertisement

Oh god thats a load of crap! I'm planning to go there tomorrow hope she's not there :confused: Hope you can find some other nice polish for your brothers wedding:)

Seriously considering the holographic nail narnish....ill take look in marks and sparks later

I have a package up in my parents house :D It must be my nailpoilish or my canes!! I have to get up there and see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

dudara wrote: »
    Sometimes the Chanel shades are copied quite well by Catrice, or some of the other cheaper brands. But sometimes, they're unique and no one really makes a good cheap version. Black Pearl is one of those shades - I've never seen a comparable cheap version.

Guys, I have an Essence polish that isn't a million miles away, it's called Must Have, it doesn't have the green-ness of the Chanel but it's still pretty similar and a lovely colour:

dsc07828.jpg?w=500&h=375

Image from New York Lady's blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

how much is the polish in marks and spencers? never knew they sold it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

These arrived today:

Essie - Watermelon
    watermelon.png&w=373&h=373

Essie - Midnight Cami
    midnight_cami.png&w=373&h=373

Essie - Sexy Divide
    sexy_divide.png&w=373&h=373

Essie - After Sex
    after_sex.png&w=373&h=373

Sorry photos are not my own, my camera is acting the maggot :o
    Okay no more polishes for me until Christmas :D

So pretty! Does a top coat ruin the holographic effect of the polish?

Not in the least bit! Makes it shinier if anything! I'm wearing rimmel super wear top coat on it now and not the least bit dulled:)

Seriously considering the holographic nail narnish....ill take look in marks and sparks later

Definitely should! Make sure to look at the names of all of them because it almost looks silver! It's called Rainbow:)

musical.x wrote: »
    how much is the polish in marks and spencers? never knew they sold it!!!

Me neither! Saw it on some girl from the UK's blog and was like wow could that be here?! It costs a tenner but it is seriously worth it, love it way more then my gosh holographic.

I got the rainbow holographic just now.....can't wait to try it out

I couldn't resist....I put the varnish on one nail. It's a gorgeous silver and it has a nice hint of holographic stuffness!

I'm wearing an off white dress with purple dip dye to a wedding over the weekend....I'm gonna put on this varnish on my fingers and toes for the weekend! :) I'll post piccies! :):D

Thanks Audrey! :) xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I'm wearing an off white dress with purple dip dye to a wedding over the weekend....I'm gonna put on this varnish on my fingers and toes for the weekend! :) I'll post piccies! :):D

This sounds like my wedding dress haha

I couldn't resist....I put the varnish on one nail. It's a gorgeous silver and it has a nice hint of holographic stuffness!

Thanks Audrey! :) xxx

Oh that sounds like a really pretty dress! Can't wait to see your pics Tara:) Glad I could be of some assistance xxx

So today I went to the Sallys supply store on drury street and quite literally felt like a kid in a candy store! They have so many pretty OPI collections! Sadly they didnt have a full size bottle of I Lily love you but I got the mini stems collection instead!! Can't wait to try it~

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

And an upclose of the pretty I lily love you <3 All its glittery pink flaky goodness!!

IMG_1418.JPG

Then I also decided to get my first china glaze! It wasnt the one I wanted but it is super pretty!! A really nice neon blue~ It's called blue sparrow(neon)

IMG_1429.JPG

It has really nice glitter/shimmer through it :D

IMG_1414.JPG

And thankfully I didnt have any mean woman like poor squeakyduck, still cant believe she made you leave....

So glad I now know that place is there, thanks to all who told lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

169452.jpgBarry M Indigo.

169453.jpgBarry M Blue effects. Prefer the Indigo without lol but not redoing my nails now :o

My canes didn't arrive today :( But I did get my Acid yellow - barry M and a hot neon pink Chinese polish it applied Super considering it was only 1.31 EUR :D

I'm going shopping tomorrow so it's going to be hard not to look at nail polish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

This is two coats of Essence LE Holographics in Blue Ray - the only bottle of the holographics collection that I could find. It's more duochrome than holo, but it's GORGEOUS. Topcoat Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (amazing stuff):

essenceholo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone know of anywhere in Galway that has Sally Hansen Insta-Dry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Does anyone know of anywhere in Galway that has Sally Hansen Insta-Dry?
    You could try Boots? I know they've had it in the larger Boots stores I've been in. So probably the one on Shop Street would be your best bet.

I've just found out that Eyeko are discontinuing their nail polishes!! Noooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

[QUOTE=Your Text Here;73635759

I've just found out that Eyeko are discontinuing their nail polishes!! Noooooooo :([/QUOTE]
    yeh i heard that a while ago.weird because everyone talks about them but maybe its all talk and no buying. shame but i'm sure something new will come out and replace them soon if it isnt out already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You could try Boots? I know they've had it in the larger Boots stores I've been in. So probably the one on Shop Street would be your best bet.

I've just found out that Eyeko are discontinuing their nail polishes!! Noooooooo :(

Tried there already with no joy :(

Advertisement