Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Tried there already with no joy :(
    i dont know for sure but try matt o flaherty chemist. they have a fair few polishes. if your desperate for it try joyces pharmacy in knocknacarra. i dont know if they have it for defo but i know they sell opi and stuff so its worth a shot. if you dont want to travel for nothing maybe give them a call and see if they stock it first.

anyone know how long eyeko takes to deliver? i know they say to allow up to 21 days but i'm sure they wont take that long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

did these last night, for my first time doing "nail art" i think they turned out ok! got the idea from this lady! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3FgpqzBf8I&feature=relmfu

IMG_0117-1.jpg

IMG_0124-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My two polishes arrived today from Hong Kong :D One is a plain black and the other is a pastel lime green :) Going to swatch after I tidy up. If they are good I'm going to get more at 1.31 EUR a pop I wont complain :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

musical.x wrote: »
    yeh i heard that a while ago.weird because everyone talks about them but maybe its all talk and no buying. shame but i'm sure something new will come out and replace them soon if it isnt out already.

I ADORE Eyeko nail polish! I have 6 of them and now it's my mission to get the rest before they go :(:(:( That really sucks I thought the nail polish would be their number one seller!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've just found out that Eyeko are discontinuing their nail polishes!! Noooooooo :(
    :eek::eek::eek:

Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
    it was announced not so long back...about a 2-3 weeks ago.

musical.x wrote: »
    anyone know how long eyeko takes to deliver? i know they say to allow up to 21 days but i'm sure they wont take that long :)
    I ordered from them once and had my stuff within 5 working days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Where did you hear this?

Saw it on various blogs :( I love their polishes so I think I might buy a few more before they all sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Essence "You Belong To Me", 2 coats, €1.29

09A7F4F164D54D0B90A7C00C1682118E-0000345177-0002469903-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Saw it on various blogs :( I love their polishes so I think I might buy a few more before they all sell out.

As much nail polish as i've bought this week I have always wanted Chi chi and Cosmic, think i'll follow suit with you and get them before they're gone! Checked their website and their product list will be tiny without polish

NARS Precious Mini Nail Set

Colours: Purple Rain, Versailles, Jungle Red and Orgasm

169566.jpg

169567.jpg

169568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I just put two coats of rainbow - the holographic nail varnish from m & s....I was dissapointed in my room as the blinds are down but I went into the light and WOW!!!its amazing! I love it!!!

I just put two coats of rainbow - the holographic nail varnish from m & s....I was dissapointed in my room as the blinds are down but I went into the light and WOW!!!its amazing! I love it!!!
    pictures?:p

Picked up these today.

Rimmel - Portobello Pink

imgp1970e.jpg

Essence Matte Top Coat

essence_matt_top_coat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

So excited. Went to clonmel today for a spin and picked up a starter Konad nail stamp set. Cant wait to try it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I recently ordered a selection of polishes from elf. They went on really well but I was disappointed to find that they chipped after a couple of days. Then I found this
    http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/products/nail-shine-miracle. Works brilliantly, so I can buy the cheap polish, apply the topcoat and get at least a week out of it. Happy Days and nice shiny nails. I bought an elf topcoat and realised that it was a matt finish. Sorry but I just don't get the matt look, I like shiny nails. Bottle of elf matte finish going free to the first person to pm me.

Marie Claire is giving two different shades of Ciaté nail polish
    IMG_1467.JPG

Also Elle are giving away a choice of 3 different Mavala shades
    elle-mavala-nail-varnish.png
    I got the Elle Grey and my sister and I both got a Ciate shade (I got purple). They're all so lovely on!!

IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1469.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG

Just a taste. Couldn't get the stamp working and was starting to get disappointed, then I realised the knack is to just pop the stamp over the plate to make it stick!!! well now that I know, I cannot decide what colour to do my nails!!!!

169679.jpg

Anyone here use the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure?

I saw them in town today, they are around €10 per bottle.

This is it

http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/products/complete-salon-manicure-nail-colour

Is it any good? Does it really last 10 days?

Thanks for any help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I've 3 bottles & don't rate it sorry :( I'm luck to get a couple of days out of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I've 3 bottles & don't rate it sorry :( I'm luck to get a couple of days out of it....

I swear by this, its fab, dries them to a rock hard really shiny finish :D

[Embedded Image Removed]

I saw them in town today, they are around €10 per bottle.

This is it

http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/products/complete-salon-manicure-nail-colour

Is it any good? Does it really last 10 days?

Thanks for any help!

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews from it but a lot were saying it was really good and long lasting. I have yet to try it, subscribed to stellar to get the 4 free bottles so waiting on those:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

It took about 5 coats to get the blue Barry M one to look at all like the bottle.. Tis awful thin!!

xfx1km.jpg

My poor nails are in shocking condition, I seem to be breaking a nail every other day doing the delivery at work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

It took about 5 coats to get the blue Barry M one to look at all like the bottle.. Tis awful thin!!

My poor nails are in shocking condition, I seem to be breaking a nail every other day doing the delivery at work :(

Which Barry M is that I think I have that colour but havent used it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Which Barry M is that I think I have that colour but havent used it yet?

It's called Blue Moon. It's actually really lovely once it's on, but I dont wear it too often because it takes so long to apply :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have that Barry M polish and I only ever need one coat because it's so thick! Weird.

well I reckon the Konad topcoat that comes with the stamp set is a good topcoat. I'm a dog groomer so hands are in hair and water all day which leads to lots of chipping but today my nails still look as good as new after a mornings work.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Love this thread :)

Today I'm wearing 'Purple with a Purpose' OPI Nail Lacquer. Bought it in America last summer, and only wish I'd bought more. It's the best nail varnish I've come across, doesn't chip easily and as someone who tends to pick off nail varnish, this stuff is incredibly hard to pick off, so I leave my nails alone when I'm wearing it. Does anyone know a good website that I can buy it on?

100_2878.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

mariebeth wrote: »
    Love this thread :)

Today I'm wearing 'Purple with a Purpose' OPI Nail Lacquer. Bought it in America last summer, and only wish I'd bought more. It's the best nail varnish I've come across, doesn't chip easily and as someone who tends to pick off nail varnish, this stuff is incredibly hard to pick off, so I leave my nails alone when I'm wearing it. Does anyone know a good website that I can buy it on?

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/opi/?gclid=CJK14LD7uqoCFZRc4QodbmED4Q

Advertisement