Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

mariebeth wrote: »
    Love this thread :)

Today I'm wearing 'Purple with a Purpose' OPI Nail Lacquer. Bought it in America last summer, and only wish I'd bought more. It's the best nail varnish I've come across, doesn't chip easily and as someone who tends to pick off nail varnish, this stuff is incredibly hard to pick off, so I leave my nails alone when I'm wearing it. Does anyone know a good website that I can buy it on?

]

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/opi/?gclid=CJK14LD7uqoCFZRc4QodbmED4Q

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Today I'm wearing 'Purple with a Purpose' OPI Nail Lacquer. Bought it in America last summer, and only wish I'd bought more. It's the best nail varnish I've come across, doesn't chip easily and as someone who tends to pick off nail varnish, this stuff is incredibly hard to pick off, so I leave my nails alone when I'm wearing it. Does anyone know a good website that I can buy it on?

lookfantastic.com
    Beautybay.com
    Hqhair.com

Or Irish website www.Millies.ie have loads of OPI and super speedy delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

millies.ie - €10 a bottle and good delivery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Don't know if this has been posted, apologies if it has! Just to say I was in Boots in Stephen's Green today and they have a buy one get one half price offer on all Sally Hansen polishes, just in case anyone is interested :) Not sure if it's across all Boots or just some branches, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Essence "Love of Pink", 2 coats (but was opaque with just 1), €1.99
    Glitter is OPI "Teenage Dream"

D1EA77CEEFFA466AAB57029C84881E2A-0000345177-0002473722-00500L-941E6C022DAF4D2C9253201623BB6B06.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

went into dunnes to get a few essence nail polishs and they no longer stock it :mad: that was ok. went to new look to get some stargazer and they no longer stock that!!!!:mad::mad: raging like.
    bought barry m peach melba:€4.50
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQN7afvtYzBsNRjXG5Wj0xJDJRZ24buIWv81u3P4NPQ6GVEiSJUQ
    and some boots acetone free nail polish remover:€1.75
    [Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Hi, I am Starting This Thread For People Who Love Getting Their Acrylic or Gel Nails Done :) You Can post Up Pics of your Nails .

This is Also For People Who Actually Apply Acrylic or Gel Nails, you can Share Tips or Talk About doing them.....

Im Going to start this Thread by putting up a pic of a set of Acrylic Nails i done recently , i started doing acrylic nails in the last 2 months, Let me Know What you Think :)

101_1414.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My nails have been in bits (breaking, cracking, peeling etc) so I got Sally Hansen VitaSurge Strength Gel and it's actually working! My nails are in far better condition. It's a gel that you massage into your nails with the soft applicator it comes with.

21k7Lade11L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Twee. wrote: »
    My nails have been in bits (breaking, cracking, peeling etc) so I got Sally Hansen VitaSurge Strength Gel and it's actually working! My nails are in far better condition. It's a gel that you massage into your nails with the soft applicator it comes with. ]

How long have you been using it? Andrea Plasmaspeedo on youtube was recommending taking suppliments for strength, hoof oil for cuticles and sally hansen gel cuticle remover( which i've purchased) to help remove excess skin and hang nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

DSC02084%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

China Glaze 108 Degrees - 3 Coats. My first China Glaze - not mad on the formula and application but love the colour and the subtle yet copious amounts of shimmer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

hey guys was in claire's accessories in dundrum today and at the bottom of their nail polish they have nicole by opi. Never seen them anywhere else just thought i'd let you know:)

169903.jpg

Sorry Bout poor quality pic. These loo way better in real life. Sometimes cameras can be too clear lol.

How long have you been using it? Andrea Plasmaspeedo on youtube was recommending taking suppliments for strength, hoof oil for cuticles and sally hansen gel cuticle remover( which i've purchased) to help remove excess skin and hang nails.

Been using it about three days and I've noticed a marked improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Wore this colour yesterday, it's one of the polishes from Hong Kong :)

nailpolish%252520swatches%252520002.JPG

Today I got OPI do you think i'm texty and their new turquoise shatter. Very excited to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

This is what im trying out today.....

prices for what i used:
    €3.99 for the 'Angelica' nail colours (heartbreaker & Black crackle Glaze)
    €1.29 for the 'Essence' (you belong to me)
    €1.99 for 'NYC' (classy glassy) (Top Coat)
    Found you need to do 2coats of both base colours.

Hope this works as its my first time doing swatches!

[IMG][/img]DSC01895-2.jpg

SORRY FOR THE ARROWS ALL OVER THE PIC...CANT GET THEM TO STAY WHERE I PUT THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

c_lady89 wrote: »
    This is what im trying out today.....

prices for what i used:
    €3.99 for the 'Angelica' nail colours (heartbreaker & Black crackle Glaze)
    €1.29 for the 'Essence' (you belong to me)
    €1.99 for 'NYC' (classy glassy) (Top Coat)
    Found you need to do 2coats of both base colours.

Hope this works as its my first time doing swatches!

SORRY FOR THE ARROWS ALL OVER THE PIC...CANT GET THEM TO STAY WHERE I PUT THEM!

does the angelica crackle dry matte or is it shiny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I am so disappointed with shatter :'(
    Read about it here, loved the idea; one thick coat of red and tried putting it on over it when dry both thickly ( awful) and thinly and it just looks awful :(
    Any suggestions pls!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I am so disappointed with shatter :'(
    Read about it here, loved the idea; one thick coat of red and tried putting it on over it when dry both thickly ( awful) and thinly and it just looks awful :(
    Any suggestions pls!?
    What brand did you get? I find waiting a few hours (if you can) between putting on your colour and the shatter can help, as the polish is totally dry then :)

I got two new polishes today when I was in Liffey Valley :D

Nails Inc St John's Wood (love this colour sooooo much!!)
    10303661-1294856629-818000.jpg

and Barry M Cyan Blue (I've been looking for a blue like this for ages).

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=7454908

Does anyone know if the Orly polishes in the Boots in LV are actually full size? They seem really tiny to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

Audrey_L wrote: »
    does the angelica crackle dry matte or is it shiny?

it drys matte!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Barry M Cyan Blue (I've been looking for a blue like this for ages)

Love, love, love, love this. It's my go-to colour. I'm usually a dark purple/dark green/petrol colour kinda girl but I love how this polish looks. (Maybe cos it takes away from my sausage fingers!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Did this out of sheer boredom tonight and I really like it. But then again I love leopard print anything.

Three new polishes today!

Left to right:
    Barry M Indigo with Sephora by OPI Blasted Silver on top. Think this looks awesome!
    Going Incognito by Essie. IN LOVE WITH THIS COLOUR!!!
    Solid Silver by Mattese Elite. Surprised how well this came out, so glittery.

Then the first one again as I wanted to try it one more time.

With and without flash, the silver didn't take well with flash!

DSCF2110.jpg

DSCF2111-1.jpg

Today I am wearing Missguided - Misstique

It's a beautiful turquoise blue but does apply darker than this swatch (not my hand)

Missguided+Cosmopolitan+Magazine+Freebie+Misstique+Nail+Polish+Varnish+Splash+Aquamarine+Teal+Turquoise+%25282%2529.JPG

I could have easily got away with only one coat! The formula is amazing :)

Just bought CATRICE am I Blue or Green, Up in the Air, AND Wrapped around my finger! Have them lined up to try with shatter... Can't wait!!!

Another pretty colour I got recently was Ciate - My Fair Lady :)

I'm not a huge fan of nudes but this blew me away it was opaque in three coats and can work as a great base.

blah%252520109.jpg

Love love love the little bow on the btl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Asphyxia, did you get those both free with magazines?

I work in a shop that sells magazines so get all the returns, have all the colours of the Misguided one that were coming free. Haven't tried them yet, blue looks good :)

Gotta wait till the end of the month to get the return of the Ciate :pac:

Asphyxia, did you get those both free with magazines?

I work in a shop that sells magazines so get all the returns, have all the colours of the Misguided one that were coming free. Haven't tried them yet, blue looks good :)

Gotta wait till the end of the month to get the return of the Ciate :pac:

Yes I got that colour and the purplish one too :) I have about 6 Missguided polishes that I've bought! I think the polish is fantastic but you have to live in the UK to buy the polish from their site so I get them when they come in the magazine :D:D

LOVE magazine freebies :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

The daughter was in Dublin yesterday and got me 3 bottles in different shades of purple!
    Catrice Dirty Berry, Forget me not and Purplelized. Wearing the Dirty Berry today and LOVE it!!:D Went on great but you need the two coats to get the best effect of the shimmer/glitter in it.

Advertisement