Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

For anyone travelling to the States soon, I just got an email from Sephora, they are now stocking Nails Inc polishes. The current exchange rate they are just under €7 a bottle which is a good €5-6 cheaper than here!

The caviar top coat and oil pen are also $10, which is about €7 and I know each of those is €17 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Ordered these from Millies.ie on Tuesday and just got them today - Can't waiti to try the Katy Perry glitter ones. Wasnt sure if I wanted to get them full size so I thought I'd try these out and see. The rest just fell info my basket ;)

Katy Perry Minis
    opi-kate-perry-mini.jpg

Nail Envy with free Avoplex Cuticle Oil
    opi-love-your-nails.jpg

and
    My Private Jet
    1006481.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My private jet looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

has anyone used any Barry M nail polishes without a base coat? i bought some lovely colours today. i wont have a chance to get clear nail polish to use under until next week and im too excited to use them!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

has anyone used any Barry M nail polishes without a base coat? i bought some lovely colours today. i wont have a chance to get clear nail polish to use under until next week and im too excited to use them!! :D

I've used them several times without a base and I've never had a problem with staining. I think I used three coats for a nice opaque look :)

Eek! I went into a small chemist in town today and they had a new OPI stand with three of their latest collection :) I nearly bought Teenage Dreams but I was on a beauty ban and left empty handed :(:rolleyes: It wasn't worth it for the price though as I could have got them in Sallys for half the price they were selling at :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Has anyone found a good genuine ebay seller for OPI by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am very slow at uploading pics, here's one from the Harry Potter premier :D Copied the design from Cutepolish on Youtube

170432.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

For anyone travelling to the States soon, I just got an email from Sephora, they are now stocking Nails Inc polishes. The current exchange rate they are just under €7 a bottle which is a good €5-6 cheaper than here!

The caviar top coat and oil pen are also $10, which is about €7 and I know each of those is €17 here.

Oh I am!! Heading to NY on the 23rd will defo be bringing back some!!

This is what im wearing today.... It suits my mood!!

348lhs0.jpg

Vodkat wrote: »
    Oh I am!! Heading to NY on the 23rd will defo be bringing back some!!

Oh be sure to let us know what you get! Sephora also have their own OPI range which is fab. :)

I'm heading to NY for Thanksgiving and I already have a shopping list as long as my arm :pac:

PS that Rimmel colour is gorgeous!

Haven't posted a pic in a while so here goes...

Nails Inc - Jermyn St & Butter London - West End Wonderland as accent
    6033739250_ff73820d63_m.jpg

Essie - Midnight Cami
    6033186415_f5d96087de_m.jpg

Essie - Watermelon
    6033751094_91bb82f75c_m.jpg

Essie - Luscious Lips
    6033754848_7238b928a0_m.jpg

Butter London - Cream Tea & Butter London - Frilly Knickers over it
    6033756006_a1b8646037_m.jpg

PHEW! :D

• Advertisement

Wearing this today, have it ages fairly sure I got it free with a magazine

Not my nails - still have to figure out how to post my own pics :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Anyone heading to NY, definitely check out Ricky's. There's a few around the city, a big one on Broadway at Prince St. The Mattese Elite brand polish is really good, and only $5.99! Their Essie is $7.99. It's basically a beauty super store! They have the biggest selection of hair brushes I have ever seen!

This is Ciate paint pots in Wait Until Dark

It's a gorgeous shimmery purple :) Two coats in that picture, drying time is fast.

103_2242.JPG

My private jet looks amazing!

It is! I was worried it wouldn't look as good in real life as it does in pics but it really is gorgeous! I'll post some pics later but the sparkly shimmer holo is so yummy!

Hey yall :) Such a lovely morning! Although I'm broke so that means no new polishes for at least 2 weeks :(

Anyway, here's some pics of my manis over the last few days ...

OPI On Stranger Tides. I love this colour in theory and I've seen some amazing swatches but I just hate it on me.
    Think I'll have to give up - sorry the pic is pretty bad
    IMAG0622.jpg

Catrice Absolutely Chinchilly with Sir Yes Sir accent.
    Sorry the application looks so messy - had Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter on at the time so it looks a bit weird.
    IMAG0586.jpg

Essence Purple Diamond. Love the colour and the texture but the drying time was awful.
    I had 3 smudged nails even after about an hour so I had to take it off almost as sonn as I'd done it :(
    DSC02133%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Catrice Petit Four As Dessert.
    Lovely nude, easy to wear and Makes me think of a milky lattes :)
    DSC02093%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

OPI My Private Jet. My latest addition.
    Love love love this one. The shimmer holo is amazing, it changes in every light and was super easy to apply. Definate new favourite :)
    DSC02121%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

DSC02124%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Orlee wrote: »
    Hey yall :) Such a lovely morning! Although I'm broke so that means no new polishes for at least 2 weeks :(

Anyway, here's some pics of my manis over the last few days ...

OPI Skull and Glossbones. I love this colour in theory and I've seen some amazing swatches but I just hate it on me.
    Think I'll have to give up - sorry the pic is pretty bad

Catrice Petit Four As Dessert.
    Lovely nude, easy to wear and Makes me think of a milky lattes :)

omg you dont like skull and glossbones?:eek: its lovely!!! :)
    love the nude colour too. really want them both now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

You people are a terrible influence on me! Up until today, I've owned 6 Nails Inc polishes (The Cashmere Collection, plus a scarlet red and a burgundy colour, both free in Glamour I think), a manicare French Manicure set with clear, nude and white tip polishes and one Rimmel LycraPro in Fuschia.

But today I started a better collection! Stopped in Boots and picked up 4 Barry M polishes. Bright Purple, limited edition Lilac, Navy and Nail Effects in Black. I need a bigger bag for my polishes now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

thought i would post about boots acetone free nail polish remover. its really effective and due to the absence of acetone its better for your nails/skin and it actually has a lovely smell! added bonus :D and all for less than €2 which is amazing like. totally recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

170605.jpg
    Barry M Indigo and China Glaze Fairy Dust. Picture is too small to do this any justice. really loving it.

Oh I want the OPI my private jet - where is the best place to buy OPI either online or in a shop ?

• Advertisement

magicray wrote: »
    Oh I want the OPI my private jet - where is the best place to buy OPI either online or in a shop ?

It's hard to say, online is a lot more cheaper but then you have to think about delivery fees. The best thing you can do is shop around and see what's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

OPI My Private Jet. My latest addition.
    Love love love this one. The shimmer holo is amazing, it changes in every light and was super easy to apply. Definate new favourite :)

Where did you get the holo version? They changed the formulation and the holo one isn't really available anymore? It's much nicer than the new on though!

OPI Skull and Glossbones. I love this colour in theory and I've seen some amazing swatches but I just hate it on me.

That's odd, your Skull & Glossbones looks green but mine is more grey/white. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

OH MY GOD ......... why am i only discovering this thread now :eek:

I have a new addiction to polish :D I am loving the OPI ones ... I am looking for the perfect purple one ... some of the ones i have do not have the right sparkle :P

Any Ideas ??

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

I thought about making my own thread, but you lot sound like experts, so perhaps you'll know, any idea how much Chanel nail varnishes are? I've had a look on eBay, some are up to £30. I'm looking for Rouge Noir and and a black one.

That's odd, your Skull & Glossbones looks green but mine is more grey/white. :confused:

Woops .. It's actually On Stranger Tides - not S&GB!

magicray wrote: »

I'm not the best online shopper so I get mine from millies.ie. They're in Kildare and have them for €9.50 so compared to €13 in shops here it's not too bad. They have great delivery - I'm too impatient to wait for things from EBay!
    Pythia wrote: »
    Where did you get the holo version? They changed the formulation and the holo one isn't really available anymore? It's much nicer than the new on though!

Got the My Private Jet from them last week ....

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'm not the best online shopper so I get mine from millies.ie. They're in Kildare and have them for €9.50 so compared to €13 in shops here it's not too bad. They have great delivery - I'm too impatient to wait for things from EBay!

What is their delivery charge generally? Couldn't see it on the site.

What is their delivery charge generally? Couldn't see it on the site.

It's €2.99 flat rate no matter what you order

http://www.millies.ie/Terms.aspx

• Advertisement

I thought about making my own thread, but you lot sound like experts, so perhaps you'll know, any idea how much Chanel nail varnishes are? I've had a look on eBay, some are up to £30. I'm looking for Rouge Noir and and a black one.

They're about €20 in stores.

Damn, I was only in Millies salon last week getting dermalogica. Took all my strength to stay away from the nail polishes and now I wish I'd seen them!

Advertisement