Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

what kind of nail polish brands do they sell,if any, in kildare village?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

musical.x wrote: »
    what kind of nail polish brands do they sell,if any, in kildare village?

Do you mean the outlet? None, but Sallins is only about 15 mins from KV so you could pop in to Millies and stock up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Continuing on my nail varnish collection, I just bought a Nails Inc Kensington Top Coat and Base Coat for €10ish in Boots. The Barry M stand was disappointingly empty; must go back once they've restocked!

Do you mean the outlet? None, but Sallins is only about 15 mins from KV so you could pop in to Millies and stock up ;)
    awh thats dissapointing :( thanks for the quick reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Quick q, does anyone leave their nail polish in the fridge? I'm on holidays and find my nail varnish goes so gloopy in the heat, will the fridge help?

• Advertisement

SarahJ wrote: »
    Quick q, does anyone leave their nail polish in the fridge? I'm on holidays and find my nail varnish goes so gloopy in the heat, will the fridge help?
    yeah apparently it helps thin them out a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

thought i would post about boots acetone free nail polish remover. its really effective and due to the absence of acetone its better for your nails/skin and it actually has a lovely smell! added bonus :D and all for less than €2 which is amazing like. totally recommend it.

I bought this in Boots earlier, after remembering your recommendation. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I thought about making my own thread, but you lot sound like experts, so perhaps you'll know, any idea how much Chanel nail varnishes are? I've had a look on eBay, some are up to £30. I'm looking for Rouge Noir and and a black one.
    Chanel varnishes are around €22 in Brown Thomas, no idea about other stores though.

Debenhams sell Chanel varnishes, you could maybe phone them and ask.

jokettle wrote: »
    I bought this in Boots earlier, after remembering your recommendation. Thanks!
    i'm really glad i posted it now! happy to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

I have heard from a few people that the chanel varnishes chip so easily, for €22 i would expect it not to budge for a week! I use essence 1s and have to say they are the best varnishes ive used and last so long 2 plus are really cheap:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Have been glued to another nailpolish thread on another site! How come when you put yourself on a nailpolish ban you see several polishes that you wanted for ages... Typical :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Have been glued to another nailpolish thread on another site! How come when you put yourself on a nailpolish ban you see several polishes that you wanted for ages... Typical :rolleyes:

Which ones are you lusting after?

Which ones are you lusting after?

In the past week I have managed to find 4 nailpolishes that I have been trying to get in the past year! They are so expensive though! :(:(

Essie - Dominica
    essie-dominica-green-nail-polish-swatch.jpg

China Glaze - Bad Kitty
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOBg91uNSxU-hCEKPeIhokVK8p3VIlBfS_CDEjOWmJbpARdkcV

Nubar - Sapphire
    Nubar-Starry-Night.jpg

Nubar - Gem
    gemsun.jpg

I want them all soooo bad!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Essie - Dominica

:eek: Ooooooooh!!! It's all I can do to not lick the screen!!! :D WANT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

This is Ciate paint pots in Wait Until Dark

It's a gorgeous shimmery purple :) Two coats in that picture, drying time is fast.

Tried this today, it's really beautiful. I'm impressed with the formula and drying time too, can't wait to get my hands on more shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Which thread are you following?!

I've more than a few blog favourites at the moment - Scrangie, All Laquered Up, The Polish Aholic, Vampy Varnish .... gosh the list goes on and on!!!!!

Love the green Essie one - think you could wear that all year round :)

I literally have €50 to do me for the next 10 days so there'll be no new polish for me for a while :( Although I did falter yesterday and buy 2 Catrice polishes (London's Weather Forecast and Sold Out Forever) but only because they were 50% off so it was really buy one get one free!

I really think I might be getting out of control! I've managed to stack up 69 polishes in about 4 months!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Any good websites to buy the china glaze collections? I get mine in salon services but the stock wasn't great there last week.

Orlee wrote: »

Not sure if I'm aloud to post links like that on this site as it's another forum but I could PM it to you if you want?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Orlee wrote: »

Not sure if I'm aloud to post links like that on this site as it's another forum but I could PM it to you if you want?

Can you PM it to me too please?

Got my Konad set I ordered today! :D Can't wait to play around with it!

Can you PM it to me too please?

Got my Konad set I ordered today! :D Can't wait to play around with it!

Just sent there now :D

Wonder what I'll paint my nails tonight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just sent there now :D

Wonder what I'll paint my nails tonight :rolleyes:
    i've been on your page like 4 times today waiting for an update.
    obsessed? me? never :D
    would you mind sending me the pm too :p trying to find new sites aswel!

i've been on your page like 4 times today waiting for an update.
    obsessed? me? never :D
    would you mind sending me the pm too :p trying to find new sites aswel!

Sorry I'm in my parents but when I get home in the next half hour I'll have three or four reviews to put up :D:D

I'll send you the link now :)

Sorry I'm in my parents but when I get home in the next half hour I'll have three or four reviews to put up :D:D

I'll send you the link now :)
    i'm so excited (omg i'm such a nail nerd :o)
    thanks!!! :D

Me! Send me the link too!!! :)

Done and done :D:D

I feel so loved! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Thanks to Bobbin's ASOS code I just went mad for Barry M :)

Barry+M+Strawberry+309.jpg
    Strawberry Ice Cream

np305.jpg
    Flamingo Pink

smBARRY%20M%20NAIL%20PAINT%20312%20INDIGO.JPG
    Indigo

np291.jpg
    Cobalt Blue

np273.jpg
    Raspberry

:p

tomissex wrote: »
    flamingo pink

Indigo

:p
    i love those colours. you cant get them in my local boots which is awful annoying!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Treated myself to the new Dior Vernis shade "Tuxedo" at the weekend - E22 in Arnotts. Am seriously tempted to get the other blue shade also.

Applied last night before bed and word all day today with lots of typing etc. Very light wear at the nail edges but no chippage. Good so far.

Lovely deep intense colour - I used 2 coats for deep colour but it has good coverage and the applicator brush is shaped so it goes on easily.

66p031.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Wearing Catrice - Forget Me Not
    316nedt.jpg

Advertisement