Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've never tried this but I heard rubbing some lemon juice onto your nails with a cotton bud can help remove the yellow stains.
    Thank you, I'll try this tomorrow, just need to get a lemon.

Will let you know if it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Watch out for hang nails when using the lemon :eek:

Watch out for hang nails when using the lemon :eek:

Whats that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

A nail buffer should work for you. I tried it lately when my nails were stained after dark polish and it removed most of the staining.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

The reason your nails get yellow stains on them is if you dont alawys use a good base coat before each application of a nail polish :)

• Advertisement

Lol the lemon will sting any cuts or hang nails haha i learned the hard way yesterday!

The reason your nails get yellow stains on them is if you dont alawys use a good base coat before each application of a nail polish :)
    Can you recommend a good base coat please?

I have Barry M, Sally Hansen and Illamasqua and switch between the three.
    Lol the lemon will sting any cuts or hang nails haha i learned the hard way yesterday!
    How do you mean 'hang nails'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Hangnails.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangnail

I wouldn't really recommend the buffer. Yeah it gets the yellow out of your nails but it left my nails really brittle and flakey for months afterwards until any area I'd had buffed had grown out.

Try the lemon maybe? And maybe two thin coats of base in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

As a swimmer I find that any yellow in my nails is bleached white in no time in the chlorinated pool!! It also bleaches fake tan right off my body :(

However, for emergency whitening I use the lemon juice (the concentrated stuff in the plastic yellow lemon you get in the bakery section in supermarkets), in HOT water (as hot as your fingers can take it), soak the nails for a few minutes, then dry off and buff lightly.

Sorry purple bobbin I got a bit confused there about the hang nail. Today I ordered half the China Glaze Metro collection and some nail foils!!! So so excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Wearing Catrice - Forget Me Not

Saw this tonight in Dunnes, dont know why I didnt buy it because I'll definitely be calling back in to get it. Its a gorgeous sparkly purple, love it

notw02.jpg

:D
    I swear I must have an aversion to them or something. I've tried Rimmell, Barry M and Sally H but never find them to be as strong and hard as when I get my nails done in the beautitians. I even asked what they were using and she said that they use whatever they get when the run to the chemist to pick up some colours, no special brand of polish.

It's annoying me cos I end up with imprints on my nails when I'm rooting around in my bag.:mad:

Have you tried this one?
    [Embedded Image Removed]
    Dries my nails to a rock hard very shiny finish, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Saw this tonight in Dunnes, dont know why I didnt buy it because I'll definitely be calling back in to get it. Its a gorgeous sparkly purple, love it
    :eek: my dunnes dont sell varnish any more :( i wish they would start selling catrice.

musical.x wrote: »
    :eek: my dunnes dont sell varnish any more :( i wish they would start selling catrice.

Aww thats a pain, my one has Rimmel, Loreal, Maybelline, Essence & Catrice! Can be quite dangerous to walk up that aisle :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Aww thats a pain, my one has Rimmel, Loreal, Maybelline, Essence & Catrice! Can be quite dangerous to walk up that aisle :pac::D

:eek: Your Dunnes sound magical!! :D

Wearing Rimmel London Portobello Pink today :)

p8180005r.jpg

Photo taken inside with flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Guys, as quick as you can get over to Models Own facebook page, they're having a competiton right now to win their entire nail polish range including the entire pro collection...over 150 polishes!! Can you imagine?!? Also when they hit 50000 likes everything on their site is becoming half price~

Comp finishes at 12 noon tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Which Dunnes is that??? Not the one in Stillorgan SC surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

just a heads up - Aldi have some super cheap Products (Nail Care Assortment
    each €1.99
    ) in on sunday
    Some of their beauty products get the thumbs up so these would be interesting to try out
    Choice of four nail care treatments.

Nail Hardener – strengthens nails and prevents yellowing
    Nail Brightener – gives a natural looking White appearance while conditioning the nails
    Nail Oil – 100% natural and strengthens nails while adding extra sheen
    Nail Gloss – strengthens and protects against breakage, giving natural shine

Product_detail_Wk34S.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

17 nail varnish in "forever". love the colour! only needed 2 coats and it dried quickly. then i made the stupid mistake of using no7 topcoat :mad: i waited a good 20mins before doing anything.went to pick up some potatoes for dinner and the varnish on my thumb got all creased :( took the whole lot off again i was so mad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyvTClD9bPJlw8qlMLd5zyvxMcNrc7zs5xg9Wbt9_tmofszr5x
    (picture belongs to missyellieuk's blog)

• Advertisement

Orlee wrote: »
    Which Dunnes is that??? Not the one in Stillorgan SC surely!

Dunnes in Cornelscourt, Cabinteely:D

:) Hi fellow Varnish Vixens!!:D;)

Just to let you all know that Mc Cabes pharmacy in Dundrum stock Sally Hensen nail varnishes and OPI,I know people were asking before where they are stocked so hopefully this will help someone.

The OPI were €12.50 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

Love this thread :) Off to paint my nails now, feeling inspired!

got my 4 free sally hansen polishes from stellar magazine subscription. Might be one of my new favorite brands amazing quality:) love the colours i got too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Audrey_L wrote: »
    got my 4 free sally hansen polishes from stellar magazine subscription. Might be one of my new favorite brands amazing quality:) love the colours i got too!

What colours did you get? I was eyeing them up in Boots earlier.

What colours did you get? I was eyeing them up in Boots earlier.

I got Shrimply Devine (beaut of a pink, my fave)
    IMG_1623.JPG

Yellow Kitty
    IMG_1643.JPG
    Calypso Blue(my 2nd favorite, has great green shimmer)
    IMG_1635.JPG
    Then all Fired Up
    IMG_1631.JPG

Just love how you can just put it on without worrying about base coat or top coat and get strengthner and growth booster in it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Been having fun using the nail canes I got from ebay! Today I'm sporting neon pink stars and tomorrow I am thinking of doing midnight blue nails with little owls :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:)

IMG-3250.JPG

Bought this today along with some grapefruit scented nail varnish remover....nail varnish was about 1.30, I was going mad in there, I could have bought about 50 nail polishes but I had to stop myself. Never heard of this brand before but I'm excited about trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

The bottle I got is a little different. It's a canary yellow but it came out more vivid than the one in the last picture.....

1zzkols.jpg

Quite a thick nail varnish, one coat is nice but I'm a two coat kinda gal. :) The drying time is not too bad. :) I love how garish the colour is! :D:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Im wearing this one today, got it as a freebie ages ago in Glamour magazine but never used it

Can someone explain how to get the actual pic to appear not the link please :-)

Advertisement