Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Ah that's brilliant stargirl, I've ordered them! Bundlemonster was class too, can't wait to try them out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

OH MY GOD i just got the nfu oh holographic no.61 and it is actually the bestest nicesest polish EVER! I jus swatched it on my 3year old niece that's how excited I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Where did you get that stargirl.gra???

I've been lust for what feels like forEVER!

I got it on http://www.asunailandbeauty.ie/. I ordered it the 25th at like 12.01 and it arrived today the 26th at 3? so quick and easy!!! I just love it. sorry about the messy cuticles. To excited to clean it up lol. I saw a swatch for the #65 also and it looked fab too althogh the bottle makes it appear blue so I guess it probably is.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/172231.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

wearing 17 forever. finally got a proper swatch of it! delighted i didnt give up on it :) three coats but two would do if you have short nails or no white tips.
    artificial light. looks way better in person though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I was just on the Essence website and it looks like they've doubled their shades of the "colour & go" nail polishes (the small bottles). There are 28 new colours.. looking forward to seeing those on the shelves. :) However, the larger bottles seem to have disappeared from the website.. wonder if they're discontinued? :mad:

I was just on the Essence website and it looks like they've doubled their shades of the "colour & go" nail polishes (the small bottles). There are 28 new colours.. looking forward to seeing those on the shelves. :) However, the larger bottles seem to have disappeared from the website.. wonder if they're discontinued? :mad:
    they might have or they could be updating it with a new line? you never really know what they will do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I got it on http://www.asunailandbeauty.ie/. I ordered it the 25th at like 12.01 and it arrived today the 26th at 3? so quick and easy!!! I just love it. sorry about the messy cuticles. To excited to clean it up lol. I saw a swatch for the #65 also and it looked fab too althogh the bottle makes it appear blue so I guess it probably is.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/172231.JPG
    So pretty!! I've been wanting a holographic polish for ages, so I might have to get this :D It'll have to be the last one for a while though, I've so many polishes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Haven't been here in awhile.. holographic nailpolish for the win :) I'm really into duochromes lately.. I may post of few swatches up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Unfortunately I heard that they are:(

http://www.parokeets.com/en/2011/08/preview-essence-fall-2011-assortment-change-i-love-te/

Thats the link where I heard the news from, no idea why they'd get rid of them!! They're so nice....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Oh Noo :( Loved those polishes! First Eyeko and now Essence.. STOP THE MADNESS!!!

indeed! at least they'll still sell the small bottles! must buy some of the big bottles before they're gone...

speaking of essence has anyone found the collection backstage ballerina anywhere yet?! they said its out here by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Audrey_L wrote: »
    indeed! at least they'll still sell the small bottles! must buy some of the big bottles before they're gone...

speaking of essence has anyone found the collection backstage ballerina anywhere yet?! they said its out here by now

Yup!! Finally got it on thurs I rang the supplier number they list on www.beaut.ie and the girl was so nice she asked me where I live and told me which chemists were taking it and when :D I got the three eye souffles which are amazing plus the cream blusher and the nail varnish black with copper glitter! Was like a kid in a sweet shop. Wasn't mad about the lip glosses though!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Ah yes i just saw that on google lol. Yeah i got some of these stickery ones in salon services a few months back, didnt really like how kind of rigid they were or something.

You are meant to heat them up slightly with either a infa red heat lamp or a hairdrier till they go limp them apply to the nail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

any idea whee is the best stockist for Essence in Dublin or surrounding areas???

Most of the chemists I frequent dont change their stock very often and dont seem to take on many new collections ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Audrey_L wrote: »

Ugh, No :( I want some of the bits from that collection so bad.
    The place I buy my Essence from only just got a the holographic collection in so I'd say I'm in for quite a wait :(

Does anyone know anywhere else in Galway (other than Penneys in the Eyre Square Center) that stocks essence??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Ugh, No :( I want some of the bits from that collection so bad.
    The place I buy my Essence from only just got a the holographic collection in so I'd say I'm in for quite a wait :(

Does anyone know anywhere else in Galway (other than Penneys in the Eyre Square Center) that stocks essence??

I was just about to ask that! Where did you find the holographic collection?? Was it in galway city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The essance stand in mccabes pharmacy in pavillions in swords had the ballerina collection today.

Also the same place had a huge stand of OPI polishs think they were selling for around 12 euro or so though.I didn't really pay much attention but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

LisaRoy wrote: »
    I was just about to ask that! Where did you find the holographic collection?? Was it in galway city center?

Twas in Penneys in town, in the shopping center by Eyre Square. The stand is up by the tills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

musical.x wrote: »
    wearing 17 forever. finally got a proper swatch of it! delighted i didnt give up on it :) three coats but two would do if you have short nails or no white tips.
    artificial light. looks way better in person though.

Bought this last weekend and love it :D lasted 4 days in work and then only took it off cause i wanted a change :p
    Does need 2 or 3 coats but worth it for the compliments :)

• Advertisement

Bought this last weekend and love it :D lasted 4 days in work and then only took it off cause i wanted a change :p
    Does need 2 or 3 coats but worth it for the compliments :)
    compliments? i think my bottle is faulty so :rolleyes: i get nothing.
    glad you like it! swatchs of it are so difficult to find so not alot of people are buying it i dont think. its great though!

On my way to work today popped into Mc Cabes pharmacy in Dundrum and they have the Backstage ballerina, however all the eye souffles were gone... but polish galore!!

I think the big bottles are going soon:/ they were all half price in mc cabes.... Get em while they're there:P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

nmkqs3.jpg

Barstool and then After Hours on the accent, both Urban Outfitters. Barstool was pretty much see through, took four coats to get the colour to show up nicely! It won't be a go to colour when I'm in a rush, but I do like it! Two for $8, bargain!

Sorry if i'm annoying everyone I know I already posted my thumb but I'm so in love <3
    its always good to have a full hand swatch. i'm sure everyone is happy you posted this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got Biosculpture Gel nails done. The colour is Jinkie Pink. I love how perfect the edges are and how glossy it is.

6086867969_e5949f21c5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Orlee wrote: »
    any idea whee is the best stockist for Essence in Dublin or surrounding areas???

Most of the chemists I frequent dont change their stock very often and dont seem to take on many new collections ...

Penney's across from the Jervis street shopping centre stocked Essence the last time I was in there, so it's worth a shot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got Biosculpture Gel nails done. The colour is Jinkie Pink. I love how perfect the edges are and how glossy it is.

I love this colour! Is it just a version of Shellac?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Pythia wrote: »
    I love this colour! Is it just a version of Shellac?

Yeah it's pretty much the same idea - clear gel, 2 coats of colour then clear gel again cured under UV light. In my experience of gel nails though Biosculpture is far more durable and hard wearing than Shellac or Geleration.

• Advertisement

• Just got a Topshop nail polish with my giftcard in a gorgeous neutral pink colour, it looks great on. I think I might buy more neutral colours, it's less obvious when they chip. I was a bit annoyed when I opened the bottle though, there was a bit of dried paint around the top which seems like it might have been opened in the shop and gone a bit gloopy? I'm considering taking it back and swapping it, but I suppose that's a problem you get with most non-wrapped-in-plastic cosmetics? I saw about 5 people opening the nail polish to look at the consistency while I was there. So annoying.

Advertisement