Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I just layered Inglot 202 over a black nail varnish on my toes.
    432fb3b0c6510533_Inglot202_12.preview.JPG
    (not my photo)

Love these flakies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

^^^^

Wow amazing! I haven't let myself buy any polish lately but I'm dying to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

what do you use for your cuticles? mine look really dry and flaky all the time. it just started all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The polishes I got in London:D

MUA / Make Up Academy Nail polish duo - £2.99

MuaCoke+%25281%2529.jpg

Got these free with Marie Claire Magazine

009esr.jpg

Rimmel - Hot Shot

dscf0525e.jpg

Miss Sporty Nail Polish - Shade 130

big_miss-sporty-lasting-colour-nailpolish-130-1-stuk.jpg

Nails Inc A&E Base Coat and Albert Bridge Top Coat Duo

nailsincanealbertduo.jpg

Sally Hansen Double Duty

SHTN2239_DblDty_Crtn_275.jpg?1301418325

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails - Clear

nard-as-nails-with-nylon-clear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Catrice Iron Mermaidian. Love this it looks purple but if you look at your nail the other way it's green.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/172614.JPG

Used Konad image plate m51 in the special polish in silver but the black came out way nicer on the ring finger but hey you gotta play around!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/172615.JPG

• Advertisement

Catrice Iron Mermaidian. Love this it looks purple but if you look at your nail the other way it's green.
    have you got many catrice polishes stargirl? :)

That is my forth catrice that I got today. I also have Apropos apricot, sir! Yes, Sir! And back to black. All only got in the last week or so lol. Gona test drive this tomorrow in work we'll see how well they stay on submerced in water!

That is my forth catrice that I got today. I also have Apropos apricot, sir! Yes, Sir! And back to black. All only got in the last week or so lol. Gona test drive this tomorrow in work we'll see how well they stay on submerced in water!
    apropos apricot is really nice. i though sir yes sir would be more of an army green but it appears to be quite dark in the swatches i have seen :(

I have the apricot on my toes stamped with the back to black. Not sure I've the right skin tone for apricot but it's growing on me and the sir yes sir i havent tried yet, really it should be next on my list but I bet/ hope my metro collection polishes will come this week so I'll be preocupied with them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I bought Catrice -Quick Dry High Shine and find it really good so far.

Wearing OPI Kennebunk Port today.

hwthumb.asp?f=8_7_9_3_1094590.JPG&w=200&h=200* Not my nails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Is it possible to buy MUA stuff on the internet does anyone know?

I saw some of their stuff in Superdrug before I left but I'd love to get some of their stuff. I love their eye shadows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Photo268.jpg

Barry M - Peach Melba with an accent of Barry M - Coral. It's still wet so I haven't cleaned up any mistakes yet which is why it looks a bit messy.

Got this free with Elle magazine, I got the Orange nail polish.

DSC_0196.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Is it possible to buy MUA stuff on the internet does anyone know?

I saw some of their stuff in Superdrug before I left but I'd love to get some of their stuff. I love their eye shadows!

MUA should have their own website soon and they are going to post international, superdrug only deliver to england :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Novella wrote: »
    Barry M - Peach Melba with an accent of Barry M - Coral. It's still wet so I haven't cleaned up any mistakes yet which is why it looks a bit messy.

my god that Barry M Peach Melba is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Yeah, it's nice. I find pale colours make my nails look a bit... crap, but I love it in the bottle! :pac:

my god that Barry M Peach Melba is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have it. lovely in the bottle. it was a pain to apply. kind of streaky :( dissapointed! made my nails look really weird too.
    i'm going to try it again though. sometimes it takes a few goes to finally get the polish to apply nicely :)

Agree! I found it difficult to apply as well. I'm not mad about the Barry M brush in general though, I think it's too skinny so you have to repeatedly stroke the nail and that can make the coat sort of uneven :/

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

I think I have a new favorite polish!!! This is literally so amazing I can't stop looking at it! Dirt cheap holographic! Bought it in Hairspray in Dundrum. At first I thought it wasn't very holographic but on its 2nd coat it was fab! <3

IMG_1713.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Purchased two new shades today

Catrice No 350: Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans (Image taken from The Polished Perfectionist). I was going to buy the Dior version but I reckon that this close enough :)

Catrice+Hip+Queens+Wear+Blue+Jeans.JPG

Second was Gosh No 540: Ocean (Picture taken from Witoxicity)

163-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Agree! I found it difficult to apply as well. I'm not mad about the Barry M brush in general though, I think it's too skinny so you have to repeatedly stroke the nail and that can make the coat sort of uneven :/

Yeah not good, going over the initial stroke is always dodge - specially on the paler colours. How many coats of the Barry M Peach Melba in the pic you posted?

Yeah not good, going over the initial stroke is always dodge - specially on the paler colours. How many coats of the Barry M Peach Melba in the pic you posted?

That's 2 but it could do with a third!

That's 2 but it could do with a third!

Ouch - I dont like needing more than 2 - because I like a top coat of clear glossy as well. Does it wear well though - could be worth the pain of 3 coats if it lasts a while.

Ouch - I dont like needing more than 2 - because I like a top coat of clear glossy as well. Does it wear well though - could be worth the pain of 3 coats if it lasts a while.

I didn't use topcoat or do a third 'cause I was in a bit of a rush. It's been on for a few hours now and hasn't chipped yet so we'll see how it goes! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Obvz not my nails :pac:

This is Essie Dive Bar

Essie-Dive-Bar-2.jpg

Also picked up Essie Matte About You matte coat, can't wait to try it! Think I'll pick up just one more colour before I leave. Possibly Chinchilly, or something like it.

Korea Polishes ahoy! Was down with a friend in Daegu over the weekend and I popped into the local pound shop for a nose. Got these beauties.

Matt purple 2000 won (€1.30)
    Pink and yellow 1000 won each (65cent each)

2mhinup.jpg

25k087r.jpg

Matt Purple - organic farm (no name of colour) amazing drying time.

Pink- Organic farm - nice coverage after two coats, three coats looks pretty nice!

Yellow- Organic farm - meh coverage after two coats

Halloween is sorted...just need to grow out my nails! :)

http://gothic-charm-school.com/charm/?p=436

Halloween is sorted...just need to grow out my nails! :)

http://gothic-charm-school.com/charm/?p=436
    i'd say they would look amazing on longer nails :)

Now Catrice Yes Sir Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well ok maybe it is darker than the army green you expect from the bottle and I have China Glaze Westside Warrior on the way to me so hopefully that may be a bit lighter BUUUUUTTTTT this only needed ONE coat which I cannot believe!!! I don't think I own any polishes where I'm happy to just leave it at one!!! and you know I actually really like this. Slightly dark(it appears grey in certain lights but definately green so.....

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/172793.JPG Taken without flash.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/172794.JPG Taken with flash.

• Advertisement

Miss Sporty - Shade 130. I don't know the proper name of this shade unfortunately, only that it's shade 130.

Got it for £1.99 in Superdrug, London.

294560_149907291765037_118793238209776_290555_6576289_n.jpg

294711_149907268431706_118793238209776_290554_7568263_n.jpg

Advertisement