Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hey all ... can't wait to fall into bed! So tired but still managed a mani :)

IMAG0630.jpg
    China Glaze 108 Degrees over NYC Bowery Black

Wish it was Friday ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

The polishes I got in London:D

MUA / Make Up Academy Nail polish duo - £2.99

Got these free with Marie Claire Magazine

Rimmel - Hot Shot

Miss Sporty Nail Polish - Shade 130

Nails Inc A&E Base Coat and Albert Bridge Top Coat Duo

Sally Hansen Double Duty

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails - Clear

So very jealous! Love the haul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

dudara wrote: »
    Purchased two new shades today.
    Catrice No 350: Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans
    Second was Gosh No 540: Ocean

:eek: How odd. I bought those exact two on the 30th too!!!! I looooooove Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans, it makes my nails look so sleek and classy.

Nubar Freeze Dry is ah-maze-ing for rock hard nails. I complained before about struggling to find a decent top coat and this stuff laughs in the face of smudges.
    freeze.jpg

I was sporting lovely long nails for most of the summer but alas I cut them all back for the start of college. :( So to make myself feel better I bought Barry M Indigo :
    Barry_M-Indigo-1B.jpg

and
    Barry M Spring Mint
    Green-mint-nail-polish-colors-5-Nail-Polish-Colors-Trend-for-Spring-Fashion-20111.jpg

Damn you Barry M, damn you!!!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Twee. wrote: »
    Also picked up Essie Matte About You matte coat, can't wait to try it! Think I'll pick up just one more colour before I leave. Possibly Chinchilly, or something like it.

I have Chinchilly and I love it. I got it during the summer but I think it's more of an autumn colour. It's so sleek and chic and looks good with a glittery accent nail.

Ahh I wish I could do my nails now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I got some nailpolish free with a magazine my boyfriend picked up for me :rolleyes: (he got it because there was polish in it :D:D)

There's a pink one and a crackle black! I hope they are decent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

This thread HAS to stop!!! Ive bought 10 nail varnishes in the past 2 weeks since I found it!!!!!! I cant afford to keep reading it!!!!

Ciderswigger where did you get the nubar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

musical.x wrote: »
    wearing 17 forever. finally got a proper swatch of it! delighted i didnt give up on it :) three coats but two would do if you have short nails or no white tips.
    artificial light. looks way better in person though.
    quick update: lasted a full 7 days without a topcoat before it began to chip. chips were tiny too but i was bored of it and took it off:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Ciderswigger where did you get the nubar?

My local beautician sells it. I cannot stress how good it is. Nails as hard as nails! :D

• Advertisement

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I got some nailpolish free with a magazine my boyfriend picked up for me :rolleyes: (he got it because there was polish in it :D:D)

There's a pink one and a crackle black! I hope they are decent :)
    :eek: can i have your boyfriend? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Orlee wrote: »
    Hey all ... can't wait to fall into bed! So tired but still managed a mani :)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6RnptbPhVFU/Tl6r_KPlpkI/AAAAAAAACNE/Lz-BexudhDE/IMAG0630.jpg
    China Glaze 108 Degrees over NYC Bowery Black

Wish it was Friday ...
    This is such a beautiful colour(s), have to get them both :p:o

Do you mind me asking, how do you paint your nails so perfectly?

I can never manage it like that, how do you do it?

This is the swatch of the varnish kit that I got free with the magazine, It's a lot better than I thought it would be. There's no brand name but the pink polish is called Purple Haze!

shout+003.JPG

:D:D

He can be so adorable at times :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Going to apply Barry M - Coral to my nails :) I fricking love this colour!

barry-coral.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

i second this :)

booboo88 wrote: »
    i second this :)

I'll let him know :D:D:D

On Asos very tempted to get some polishes... technically I haven't bought any polish in a ages so maybe I could get me a little one :D:rolleyes:

I'll let him know :D:D:D

On Asos very tempted to get some polishes... technically I haven't bought any polish in a ages so maybe I could get me a little one :D:rolleyes:
    i think you should :P just to celebrate the end of summer! plus we need to see the swatches so your doing everyone a favour :D

i think you should :P just to celebrate the end of summer! plus we need to see the swatches so your doing everyone a favour :D

Okay you've convinced :)

Looking at the pretty pastel colours from Barry M :D:D

Ladies, you have inspired me to go on a nail polish spree. I haven't bought any in a long time so I think I deserve it! :p

Essie - Topless & Barefoot
    Essie - Kisses & Bises
    Barry M - Peach Melba
    Barry M - Strawberry Ice-cream
    Barry M - Gold Shatter Effect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Okay you've convinced :)

Looking at the pretty pastel colours from Barry M :D:D
    I've a few Barry M pastel polishes, they're so pretty!! You should definitely treat yourself to some ^__^

I've just moved house, and I needed a separate box for all my nail polishes :o I've about 100 at this stage! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Been wearing “Barry M Indigo” since yesterday

indigo.jpg

Today in town I picked up the following

N.Y.C. “Bowery Black” (Thanks to Orlee)

NYC+Polishes023.JPG

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in “Right Said Red”

Sally+Hansen+Complete+Salon+Manicure+in+Right+Said+Red.jpg

“Mavala Mexico”

image_7.jpg

“Rimmel Sky High”

rimmelskyhigh.jpg

Just need China Glaze 108 degrees now (Thanks Orlee :P )

barry m peach melba. i think i am far too pale to pull off this colour. it makes my nails and skin look dirty. also it looks orange on me for some odd reason :p sorry about the lighting but it is exactly how it looks in real life!

barry m peach melba. i think i am far too pale to pull off this colour. it makes my nails and skin look dirty. also it looks orange on me for some odd reason :p sorry about the lighting but it is exactly how it looks in real life!

I think it looks nice on you!

I think it looks nice on you!
    you just made my day/night! thank you!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

They look amazing!!!:eek:

Thanks:) The colour is O.P.I Do You think I'm Tex-y? from the texas collection. It's a colour i keep putting on I just love it and the shine is amazing, it aint the top coat making it shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Am currently wearing a sparkly black angelica polish. Was amazed it lasted all week but have found the nails Inc save the nail 45 second top coat amazing over any polish.

Loved my Sally hansen Polish in navy baby so I picked up 'plum luck' this week. Also had a little alcohol I spired shop on beauty bay last night as reveal magazine had a twenty percent off code. I picked up essie chinchilly and the essie wedding collection - my first ever essie polishes :D am so impatient now for them to arrive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think it's a hard colour to wear. Took me a while to get used to it.

For whoever asked about it chipping, I painted my nails on Tuesday and I'm just about to remove it now, and only one teeny chip. So 2 coats lasted pretty well. :)

Advertisement