Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Boots 17 in "sweet kisses". i love this colour! i wasnt keen the first time but the second time the colour didnt seen as in your face. its like a pinky-lilac colour if that makes sense. really like this one. i think this was two coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Inspired by this half moon mani I did a little trial run

6110242424_d01d4ea5c0_s.jpg

Going to try it again why I have the gels off and can see my natural moons.

6110243598_d0b3199475.jpg

Sorry for the crumby quality, I took the pic on my phone :pac:

Edit: slightly better pic here...

6110575092_328534cffa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:D Tried out the yellow colour I picked up in Daegu last weekend. Looks a bit mad but I should be used to it by tomorrow! :D

5xmtmg.jpg

I hate that Korean nail varnishes have no names on them! :(

:D Tried out the yellow colour I picked up in Daegu last weekend. Looks a bit mad but I should be used to it by tomorrow! :D

I hate that Korean nail varnishes have no names on them! :(
    omg i hate when they dont put names on polish! google doesnt really get it when you search for swatches with a number :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Konad PP610 Diamond Wine Purple is my new favourite polish!
    2wmjrdw.jpg

Just did this (inspired by the background which is a purple top i'm wearing)
    15qurra.jpg

with these
    nvsflv.jpg
    Catrice - i wear my sunglasses at night, Catrice - just married, Nails Inc - Shoreditch, Revlon - Ocean Breeze, Konad - P6510 Diamond Wine Purple, Barry M - Indigo 312, Random Top Coat!

Main colour is Barry M 312 indigo, topped with drops/dabs/stippling of the others, topped with konad and topcoat.

2cosldj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tried those nail foils last night. Got frustrated after 3 nails and took 'em off! :pac:

Am now wearing Barry M, in Bright Red with Barry M, Red Glitter on one nail.

Photo280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Ha, I love your claw hand Novella! Kinda like it's reaching out of the computer at me! Eeeeek! tongue.gif Seriously, I love the choice of just glitter on one nail!

bmllm2py0ttvb90q8ruy.png

Not my hand (I have much nicer hands :pac:)!

I had Sally Hansen's 'I Pink I Can' on my hands so long people were asking: 'Er, that hasn't chipped yet?'. I was out of base coat (I really need to get some!) so I just picked this up - three layers without a base coat. I was pretty impressed at it though I'm a bit sick of the colour by now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

Got this in Pennys

You can get it in a royal blue, gold, red and this kinda more sea blue green clolour I got. Sorry the picture quality isn't great, doesn't show its proper colour but after 3 coats its very glittery almost fake nail looking.

photoon20110903at2013.jpg

img20110904204706.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Got this in Pennys

You can get it in a royal blue, gold, red and this kinda more sea blue green clolour I got. Sorry the picture quality isn't great, doesn't show its proper colour but after 3 coats its very glittery almost fake nail looking.

Oh now thays nice. Looks like those flaky polishes.

^ I bought that nail varnish in Penneys a few days ago too! I have so many new nail varnishes, I practically have a queue for painting my nails at this stage! :pac:

It looks really nice on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

Novella wrote: »
    ^ I bought that nail varnish in Penneys a few days ago too! I have so many new nail varnishes, I practically have a queue for painting my nails at this stage! :pac:

It looks really nice on. :)

Yeah, I havent put a top coat on, so we'll see how long it lasts. The gold oe would look lovely on I'd say, but I bought a glittery gold a few years back that isnt half as glittery as this even with a few layers, so I went for the blue

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That Angelica polish in Penneys is really good! I got the black crackle on a whim and it's actually fantastic, I was surprised at how well it lasts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

first attempt with nail foils (excuse the state of my nails they won't stop flaking lately :mad:)
    nails-5.jpg

^ Wow, that's brilliant! Looks so good!

awwwww shucks thankie ;) I'm curious now to see how long the foils last!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Wow really like the foils, I haven't tried them myself but would be interested. How did you find the application of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

OPI Alpine snow as a pedicure
    OPI-Alpine-Snow-002-225x300.jpg

And on my hands I have OPI Princesses Rule
    OPI+princess+rule+3.jpg

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Wow really like the foils, I haven't tried them myself but would be interested. How did you find the application of them?

Thanks Asphyxia - found them pretty ok but decided to stop while I was ahead with just 2 on each hand lol got the 1000 hrs ones in Penneys €4.50 - not too much different from putting on false nails except without the superglue (so I didn't get to stick a few fingers together :D) & alot less messy than say acrylic nails or even a french manicure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Thanks Asphyxia - found them pretty ok but decided to stop while I was ahead with just 2 on each hand lol got the 1000 hrs ones in Penneys €4.50 - not too much different from putting on false nails except without the superglue (so I didn't get to stick a few fingers together :D) & alot less messy than say acrylic nails or even a french manicure

I might pick them up and give them a go, for the price you're not really loosing much. I like experimenting with new products especially when it's nail related. :)

just make sure you post pics :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

OPI Alpine snow as a pedicure
    [/img]

Oh I love Princesses Rule! It gives such a nice silvery sheen when you apply a coat of it over another colour :) Think I'm going to wear it for my graduation on Wednesday :)

Do you have the Little Romantics minis collection? Just seeing as those two polishes are in it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OPI Princesses Rule looks gorgeous. I want it.

Oh I love Princesses Rule! It gives such a nice silvery sheen when you apply a coat of it over another colour :) Think I'm going to wear it for my graduation on Wednesday :)

Do you have the Little Romantics minis collection? Just seeing as those two polishes are in it :p
    congrats on graduating!!!:)

i was in pennys and noticed they have essence stands by the tills. they put it in such an awkward place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I got essence matt top coat and essence fast dry top coat today. Cant wait to try em both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

IMAG0639.jpg

Nubar red in honour of the most amazing birthday present I've ever gotten ... Louboutins!!!

I was literally speechless ..... squeel!!!

IMAG0641.jpg

I am not gonna be able to wear nail varnish so much in the future 'cause I am starting a Nursing course (eee, I am going back to college at last!) and I'm gonna miss it so much! I hate my fingers all bare! :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Picked up Sole Mate by Essie today and am wearing it now (not me in the pic):
    1189918.JPG

Also bought Essie's Wrapped in Rubies
    tumblr_lkfofcBr2O1qelx5ro1_500.jpg

And then when I walked away from the makeup aisle I spotted a clearance basket filled with half price polishes and so I just couldn't say no! Bought Sally Hansen's Twinkle Twinkle (silver glitter), Pink-y Ring (purple glitter), and Set the Stage (gold glitter). Thought they'd be nice for the holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

That's gorgeous - would it be good for layering?
    I am not gonna be able to wear nail varnish so much in the future 'cause I am starting a Nursing course (eee, I am going back to college at last!) and I'm gonna miss it so much! I hate my fingers all bare! :'(

Well done :) Pity about the polish but you'll appreciate wearing it even more when you can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

musical.x wrote: »
    congrats on graduating!!!:)

i was in pennys and noticed they have essence stands by the tills. they put it in such an awkward place :rolleyes:

Thank you! I hate when the polish stands are by the tills; you can never get a proper look at them :p

Aw good luck Novella!!
    Orlee wrote: »
    That's gorgeous - would it be good for layering?

Princesses Rule is really good for layering imo, especially over lighter colours (I haven't tried it over any dark colours though tbh, so it could work as well over them too).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

NYC MoMa

3coatsflash.jpg

NYC Prince Street - absolutely LOVE this colour. Going to put it on tonight :D

IMG_9983w.jpg

Advertisement