Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

Does anyone know if you can still get the nail wrap/foil things in Penneys, cause I cant find them in Galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ I bought nail foils in Penneys in Swords a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

OPI Mrs O'Learys BBQ :D:D Love the OPI names!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXElceYVVB0N5nMVNPutQI3LbGSFdfdFam5c2n8k3VLAjqvb9gcA

Catrice Ashley, This is darker IRL, really like it :D

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Denisejcc wrote: »
    OPI Mrs O'Learys BBQ :D:D Love the OPI names!!

Catrice Ashley, This is darker IRL, really like it :D
    love Mrs o'learys bbq. very nice!!!! how many coats does it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

musical.x wrote: »
    love Mrs o'learys bbq. very nice!!!! how many coats does it take?

Yeah I've been on the look out for a nice deep red that isnt too red if that makes sense! I only got it today so just had a sneaky application to one nail before I bought it, but even with one coat it seemed pretty good. I would say two coats will do it. Put the Catrice one on first and Mrs O'Leary is waiting in the wings :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

NYC Prince Street

Oh my gawd ... that is gorgeous!!!!! Love it!

please post when you've worn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Does anyone know if you can still get the nail wrap/foil things in Penneys, cause I cant find them in Galway...

They had them in Dundrum yesterday - I got some in Henry St on Sat... I'd imagine it was a bit hit & miss to start with, but if you search nail foils on ebay there's lots (I'm going to order some when I've finished playing with the ones I have now) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

New look also have nail foils in the same vein as the penneys ones so if you've got a new look....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

Thanks all!

Had a look in Penneys today & no luck :( And I spotted the ones in New Look for around 8 euro I think they were...but I left them and decided to look around!

matt o flaherty in galway have the new sally hansen polishes in stock in case anyone is looking for them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Barry M - Gold Shatter effect over my pink gel nails

6125496930_f1dcc86c09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:) A nice hot pink nail varnish to cheer up my rainy day over here! :)

Don't have a name for this colour either, but it was cheap and cheerful and it's a lovely luminous colour.

x43tkg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tried to confuse my nails by putting a matt top coat on and then a high shine coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

NYC Prince Street - absolutely LOVE this colour. Going to put it on tonight :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QlzXbjNfuJA/TF2MXpgIANI/AAAAAAAAAS4/VX0NoZYDv3U/s1600/IMG_9983w.jpg
    I've applied this polish to my nails numerous times over the past few days and when I apply the first coat, it dries quickly and fully, when I apply the second coat, it dries quickly, but not fully.

I found, to get the same colour (or at least near enough the same colour) as in the photo, you need 3-4 thin/light coats, which is fine, but as I said, the second coat doesn't dry fully, so when you apply the third and fourth coat, obviously your nails aren't going to dry (or at least fully dry).

I spent about two hours (again) last night only for the same thing to happen.

So either I have a dodgy bottle, or it's one of those polishes that doesn't dry after more than one coat. It's a shame really as the colour is fab.

I have NYC MoMa on my toes and it dried quickly and fully, gorgeous colour.

Butter London "HRH" and Illamasqua "Poke" are similar in colour to NYC "Prince Street"

Hope this helps.:)

thanks to honerbright and LisaRoy :D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0fpMGxMUSQbZwHVLOmQwAer8jwdx-pWwTXoorOn7CeBIHsyw22g catrice caught on the red carpet (parokeets picture)
    [Embedded Image Removed]catrice hip queens wear blue jeans
    [Embedded Image Removed]catrice run forest run
    [Embedded Image Removed]catrice plum play with me
    (none of these are my nails-the blog names are listed on the pictures :))

catrice plum play with me
    (none of these are my nails-the blog names are listed on the pictures :))
    This is such a fabulous colour.

It's so disappointing that nowhere near me sells Catrice :(

Does anywhere near Henry St, O'Connell St or Grafton St sell Catrice?

I'm hoping to get to Dublin in the next few weeks so would love to pick up some Catrice bits. Unfortunately I won't be anywhere near Liffey Valley or Dundrum :(

I'm hoping to get to Dublin in the next few weeks so would love to pick up some Catrice bits. Unfortunately I won't be anywhere near Liffey Valley or Dundrum :(
    its lovely! i ended up buying 5 more polishes to stop myself from going into the shop again :p i'm gonna post them after i start wearing the others.
    i hope you find a shop that sells them. the galway shop has good range of colours if you could make it up here :)

its lovely! i ended up buying 5 more polishes to stop myself from going into the shop again :p i'm gonna post them after i start wearing the others.
    i hope you find a shop that sells them. the galway shop has good range of colours if you could make it up here :)
    Haha I would have done the same lol. I must have about 90 polishes by now :eek: :o

Dunno if I'll make it to Galway, doubtful, but out of curiosity, what shop in Galway sells them?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I've applied this polish to my nails numerous times over the past few days and when I apply the first coat, it dries quickly and fully, when I apply the second coat, it dries quickly, but not fully.

I found, to get the same colour (or at least near enough the same colour) as in the photo, you need 3-4 thin/light coats, which is fine, but as I said, the second coat doesn't dry fully, so when you apply the third and fourth coat, obviously your nails aren't going to dry (or at least fully dry).

I spent about two hours (again) last night only for the same thing to happen.

So either I have a dodgy bottle, or it's one of those polishes that doesn't dry after more than one coat. It's a shame really as the colour is fab.

I have NYC MoMa on my toes and it dried quickly and fully, gorgeous colour.

Butter London "HRH" and Illamasqua "Poke" are similar in colour to NYC "Prince Street"

Hope this helps.:)

I got NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel Pink Promenade Creme during the summer and I was very disappointed with it. It didn't even last a day - simply peeled off my finger nails. :mad:I applied it the same as all my other polishes.

http://www.newyorkcolor.com/products/nails/nail-color/long-wearing-nail-enamel - not really a good representation of the colour though.

This is my first post in this thread. I used to be a nail polish junkie. My love has been rekindled this year and I have been lurking on this thread for a while:) and have been buying a few polishes a month.

I have been wearing Essence No More Drama for the last few days. I like it a lot more than I expected to and it has worn pretty well.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/03/10/4/345/3453694/dda285b3dac8a4bf_2010-03-11.jpg. It's the lilac coloured one (not my nails ;)). I really need to figure out how to resize photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

Penneys on O'Connell St has a good range of Catrice products including alot of the nail polishes.

I can't remember how much they are but not expensive!

• Advertisement

Haha I would have done the same lol. I must have about 90 polishes by now :eek: :o

Dunno if I'll make it to Galway, doubtful, but out of curiosity, what shop in Galway sells them?
    its a pharmacy next to a place called Fibber magees. it faces the information cantre thats in eyre square. its really small but they have a good 20 catrice polishes with 5-6 or each kind.

oh and penny in galway have a HEAP of essence nail polishes as well as glo baby glo. some brand called angelic or something like that and some crackle polishes. no idea what they are called.they are in the aisle where you go to queue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I must check out that chemist in Eyre Square. I haven't seen Catrice anywhere in Galway or Co. Galway. I was happy to see Gosh in a chemist in Tuam last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Penneys on Henry Street and O'Connell Street stock it, as does Dunnes on Henry Street and possibly the one in Stephen's Green too, I can't remember. They're 2.79 if I remember correctly :)

Saorenza wrote: »
    I must check out that chemist in Eyre Square. I haven't seen Catrice anywhere in Galway or Co. Galway. I was happy to see Gosh in a chemist in Tuam last week.
    you can buy gosh in matt o flaherty's in town and in Awear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I bought 2 Catrice nail varnishes today. Someone stop me!!! I own a ridiculous amount of nail varnish. Oh, and PB, I bought 'em in Penneys on Henry St. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Have bought some Konad stuff lately so I've been trying it out over some new polishes.

Just put plate m60 over MUA shade 9
    6wst.jpg

And earlier in the week had plate 79 (iirc!) over Essence #69 Movin' On
    gudxs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The konad designs are so pretty! Is it difficult to do?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

The konad designs are so pretty! Is it difficult to do?

Initially I wasn't doing it quickly enough so was losing some of the design but now I've got the hang of it it's super easy!

I find it great for over nail varnishes that I wouldn't necessarily wear on their own.

• Advertisement

Been wearing OPI Vodka & Caviar since last night :)

Photo from www.sonidlo.com

opi-vodka-and-caviar-02.jpg

Advertisement