Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Novella wrote: »
    I bought 2 Catrice nail varnishes today. Someone stop me!!! I own a ridiculous amount of nail varnish. Oh, and PB, I bought 'em in Penneys on Henry St. :)
    which ones did you buy Novella? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

musical.x wrote: »
    which ones did you buy Novella? :)

I bought Wear My Sunglasses At Night and Iron Mermaiden.

I+wear+my+Sunglasses.jpg

and

100_1349.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I bought Wear My Sunglasses At Night and Iron Mermaiden.

Both of those are gorgeous.

I was never a fan of glittery nail varnish before but I love them lately.

Might get some more Catrice ones later.

I absolutely hate taking off glittery nail varnish so for that reason alone I wouldn't be the biggest fan but I kinda wanted a nice dark nail varnish and that just struck me! There were so many other colours I wanted to get but my collection is huge at the moment, I have got to stop adding to it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Put on Essie's Sexy Divide tonight, love this colour.

Photo from http://hausofpolish.files.wordpress.com/

ydivide.jpg

• Advertisement

Does anybody know where is the cheapest place to buy Essie?! I really love their nail varnish and I wanna stock up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Does anybody know where is the cheapest place to buy Essie?! I really love their nail varnish and I wanna stock up. :)

Ebay!

Orly Fancy Fuchsia (which I got on Ebay also) is in the post right now! It's super barbie pink! Love it! :)

Orly_Fancy_Fuchsia_large.png?1304353404

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Probably the best thread on boards!:D Will start posting what I'm wearing on my nails soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

5n7sr8.jpg
    My amateur attempt of this tutorial!

Probably the best thread on boards!:D Will start posting what I'm wearing on my nails soon:)
    :D
    great!cant wait to see them. love seeing new people here. its great for finding different colours and brands :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Oh I love Princesses Rule! It gives such a nice silvery sheen when you apply a coat of it over another colour :) Think I'm going to wear it for my graduation on Wednesday :)

Do you have the Little Romantics minis collection? Just seeing as those two polishes are in it :p

Yeah I love it too. It seems like it would suit any skintone. Perfect for work too because it's not crazy.
    Yup got the Little Romantics set. Love the minis from OPI. I love trying new shades and having the mini's mean I can without wasting any.
    Orlee wrote: »
    That's gorgeous - would it be good for layering?

I haven't tried layering it yet. I'm thinking about putting the Alpine Snow on and the Princess Rules over to make it pop a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Hope it's okay to post this here...

Pigsback.ie have a deal on €10 instead of €21 for a Konad set

Essie - Kisses & Bises over Nails Inc - Elizabeth St

6135463490_0a3d76d3f2_m.jpg
    6135462696_10da5db285_m.jpg

hey all,
    does anyone have any recommendations for a nice dark green polish?
    preferably without shimmer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have Essie "Going Incognito" and adore it. Gorgeous for A/W!

essie-going-incognito-02.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Twee. wrote: »
    I have Essie "Going Incognito" and adore it. Gorgeous for A/W!

Where did you get it? Am looking for that shade of green!

Also looking for a chocolate brown (not Bourjois) if anyone can recommend one?

wearing catrice Caught on the red carpet! omg people you have to buy it! its a blood red in natural light but changes to a wine red in artificial light. its amazing!
    sorry for the blurryness but they really show the true colour. i used the no7 topcoat which is crap :mad: made it go all bubbly. the polish itself was perfect to apply and the finish was perfect without a top coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I was looking for that for a while and could only find scuttery baby poo colours until I found Mavala's Rio. It has a gentle gold sparkle that makes it look like melted dairy milk.

Me likey. (Not my nails!)
    mavala_rio.jpg

Not sure what the consensus is on ELF polishes but they have a chocolate brown polish that looks good and they have 50% off at the moment.

Essie "Little Brown Dress" is a gorgeous deep chocolately brown. On my own nails it can give the effect of black but is warmer toned so I don't look ghostly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Afraid I picked this one up in New York at a drug store! Sigh, I really miss Duane Reade... Bought a bottle of nail polish nearly every time I went in!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I tried those nail foils that I got in Penneys. They're still on but they weren't the easiest to apply! Some of my nails have creases in them, maybe I just didn't heat them up enough before pressing them down :o

Any ideas on how to apply them a little better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Was just looking at tutorials on nail foils as well.

Has anyone any recommendations for places to get them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Last week - Sally Hansen 'Plum Luck' with accent nail done with Angelica Fallen angel

nails2-1.jpg

This week - Sally Hansen 'Navy Baby' with accent nail done with nails inc Culliton Gardens.

nailsone.jpg

I bought myself a no 7 nail polish off boots yesterday with the 7.50 vouchers. fab colour damsen something had to throw it out :( it was hideous to apply didn't try, gloopy yet colour was bad and it went everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

I bought myself a no 7 nail polish off boots yesterday with the 7.50 vouchers. fab colour damsen something had to throw it out :( it was hideous to apply didn't try, gloopy yet colour was bad and it went everywhere :(

I bought one at the weekend too, its crap ! I put three coats on and its still really really bad coverage, I bought a pale lilac one :mad:glad I only paid €1.95 for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Essie - Going Incognito

DSC01924.JPG2.jpg

I got this on eBay after seeing Twee's post, can't wait to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just bought Revlon Facets of Fuchsia in Boots earlier. It's a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. Love it! (not my pic)

Facets.jpg

i need a good top coat to stop bubbles. has anyone tried sally hansen insta dri or kis treatments multifast 3 in 1? they are fairly dear so i need to know if they are any good before i buy them!

Photo324.jpg

This is Barry M, Coral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Wearing Illamasqua Jo'Mina today! It's lovely <3 My camera kept washing out the colour so posting a pic from a blog instead.

Jo7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Pythia wrote: »
    Just bought Revlon Facets of Fuchsia in Boots earlier. It's a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. Love it! (not my pic)

Facets.jpg

:pac: NOM NOM NOM!!!! Love it. Have had naked nails for a few weeks and after seeing this and that beautiful green Essie I'll have to put in the effort and treat myself. Cheers ladies.

Advertisement