Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Pythia wrote: »
    Just bought Revlon Facets of Fuchsia in Boots earlier. It's a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. Love it! (not my pic)

Ooooh I've been meaning to get this for ages!

How much was it?

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

musical.x wrote: »
    i need a good top coat to stop bubbles. has anyone tried sally hansen insta dri or kis treatments multifast 3 in 1? they are fairly dear so i need to know if they are any good before i buy them!

Bubbles form if the polish isn't fully dry when you layer coats. (Something about whatever gas is released as the polish dries getting trapped between the layers.) So, thin coats, let them dry fully between each application and you should be good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Also looking for a chocolate brown (not Bourjois) if anyone can recommend one?

ELF Chocolate is exactly what it says on the tin, gorgeous colour and after 4 days hasn't chipped or worn so far! I got it in th elast 50% off and for such a cheap price its fantastic. Here's a random snap from google, my camera is not working at the moment.
    IMG_2811.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Where in Dublin can Essie be bought?

I think I've fallen for 'Merino Cool' I normally don't like anything grey but this appeals to me. Anyone worn it? I'm wary of buying on ebay in case its fake.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Moyglish wrote: »
    Ooooh I've been meaning to get this for ages!

How much was it?

Love it!

9 or 8.10 with Boots student discount.

• Advertisement

Where in Dublin can Essie be bought?

I think I've fallen for 'Merino Cool' I normally don't like anything grey but this appeals to me. Anyone worn it? I'm wary of buying on ebay in case its fake.

Thanks

I've never seen fake Essie on ebay. I get a good bit of brands like that on it, I wouldn't be worried they are fake.

You could always try Feel Unique http://www.feelunique.com/p/Essie-Nail-Colour-15ml-The-Fall-Collection-2010

or Beauty Bay http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/essie/merinocool/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Just bought Revlon Facets of Fuschia today after seeing Phythias post :D

Re Beauty bay - have any of you ordered from them and how long did it take to arrive? I ordered over a week and a half ago and my product although they claim it was dispatched has not arrived yet :( they convieniently don't have a phone number on their website either.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Got this with my €7.50 Boots voucher-No.7 Lucky Lilac, I really like No.7 polishes though at €9.45 theyre a bit overpriced for my budget, so always stock up when I have vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Bubbles form if the polish isn't fully dry when you layer coats. (Something about whatever gas is released as the polish dries getting trapped between the layers.) So, thin coats, let them dry fully between each application and you should be good! :)
    i hope your right. i waited ages like a good hour before putting a top coat on which is crazy. might stick it out for a while and see :) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

9 or 8.10 with Boots student discount.

Boots student discount?!?!?!? How am i only hearing about this now??? :eek::confused:

• Advertisement

LisaRoy wrote: »
    Boots student discount?!?!?!? How am i only hearing about this now??? :eek::confused:

If you have a student travel card you get 10% off everything in store. That includes all the make up brands, food, perfume, etc. You still get points too on the discounted amount. It's very handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Are the more expensive brands worth it? I tend to buy Rimmel, I fell out of the habit of doing my nails but I'm getting back into it.

I have an old bottle of 'Zeitgeist' by Rimmel, unfortunately it has been discontinued :( The stuff itself has gone a bit gloopy is there anyway to revive it? What if I poured some nail varnish remover into it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Are the more expensive brands worth it? I tend to buy Rimmel, I fell out of the habit of doing my nails but I'm getting back into it.

I actually came onto the thread to post about this! Painted my nails last night with Essie and a Sally Hansen topcoat and they are still perfect today after ironing, laundry, doing the dishes, cooking and cleaning the kitchen. The hands worked hard today!

Chinchilly was the colour. Beautiful!

DSC03700.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Just recieved half of the China Glaze Metro Collection a d I'm so in love. It's too much, I dont know what colour to paint my nails now. I have some swatches done so will post in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Sorry now this will have a few links it it but sure :D

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/174386.JPG
    From left to right: Westside Warrior, Concrete Catwalk, Traffic Jam, Skyscraper, Urban-Night, CG in the City.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/174387.JPG Urban-Night with flash, two coats.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/174388.JPG Index finger: Skyscraper. two coats. looks real nice in reality and I'd say a third coat would be fab. Middle finger: Traffic Jam, Love this! Flash again.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/174389.JPG Index finger: Westside Warrior, Middle finger: Concret Catwalk. Both two lovely creams.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/174390.JPG Two coats CG in th ecity. have three coats now which is a must and I'll post later with it layed over Urban-night.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Just bought Revlon Facets of Fuchsia in Boots earlier. It's a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. Love it! (not my pic)

I bought this at lunchtime after seeing this post! Can't wait to go home to try it out!

Twee. wrote: »
    I actually came onto the thread to post about this! Painted my nails last night with Essie and a Sally Hansen topcoat and they are still perfect today after ironing, laundry, doing the dishes, cooking and cleaning the kitchen. The hands worked hard today!

Chinchilly was the colour. Beautiful!
    which sally hansen top coat do you use Twee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

These should arrive today! From www.adverts.ie

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336938f52e2f7f5afb97be080955b3f8ab4.jpg

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336388cb4868eba331f6812ce3f1d32b5d8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

These should arrive today! From www.adverts.ie

What's the second one called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

"the one to watch" or "the colour to watch" I think>
    The first one is Glitzerland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

musical.x wrote: »
    which sally hansen top coat do you use Twee?

It's called Super Shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I picked up these colours in a little market stall. About 40c each. Both are from a brand called diana manicure. The deep blue only needed one coat very thick. The glitter I used two coats. I dunno about the final effect myself.
    What do ye think?

ifzn77.jpg

I picked up these colours in a little market stall. About 40c each. Both are from a brand called diana manicure. The deep blue only needed one coat very thick. The glitter I used two coats. I dunno about the final effect myself.
    What do ye think?
    i like the blue but i would where it on its own. the glitter one just doesnt work for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

The blue glitter would be great at Xmas though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

www.brandalley.co.uk have a sale on OPI til 18th. Just got nice stems mini collection. such fab colours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Thanks to Pythia I bought this today, cant wait to try it but there are still a few other polishes waiting to be worn too. This may have to skip the queue though, love it! Will be fab on a Christmas night out too :D:D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-t8H1vUY63xBwBKXZ36qEMI4Kx-Dura-D5a6BDj3l-znbyb9Aeg
    Revlon : Facets of Fushia

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

LOVE this thread, will have to post a pic of my nails when I have time! :D

Just wondering, has anyone tried the gel top coats and uv lamps? The ones that are supposed to stop your nails chipping for (up to) 14 days? I've seen these kits on argos and am tempted.. sick of chipped nails the same day I've done them!!

Anyone tried anything like this? :confused:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4437291/Trail/searchtext%3EUV+LAMP.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Thanks to Pythia I bought this today, cant wait to try it but there are still a few other polishes waiting to be worn too. This may have to skip the queue though, love it! Will be fab on a Christmas night out too :D:D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-t8H1vUY63xBwBKXZ36qEMI4Kx-Dura-D5a6BDj3l-znbyb9Aeg
    Revlon : Facets of Fushia

I jumped on this bandwagon too the other day :D
    Painted my nails with it the minute I got home and was in LOVE.
    Took it off last night though, and oh my life....traumatic! I've taken off glitter polishes before, and while not pleasant, I could handle it - this however, sweet baby jesus!
    If you don't like the feeling of freshly cut nails on cotton wool, do not put this on your nails!!!
    It's a tad pathetic, I know, but I have a massive dislike for that feeling, and I felt quite ill after! haha :o

Any wise ladies out there know how to remove this with as little trauma as possible? I ruddy love it, but can't wear it again if I've to go through that every time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Fiii wrote: »
    Any wise ladies out there know how to remove this with as little trauma as possible? I ruddy love it, but can't wear it again if I've to go through that every time. ;)

The foil method is probably the easiest way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Fiii wrote: »
    I jumped on this bandwagon too the other day :D
    Painted my nails with it the minute I got home and was in LOVE.
    Took it off last night though, and oh my life....traumatic! I've taken off glitter polishes before, and while not pleasant, I could handle it - this however, sweet baby jesus!
    If you don't like the feeling of freshly cut nails on cotton wool, do not put this on your nails!!!
    It's a tad pathetic, I know, but I have a massive dislike for that feeling, and I felt quite ill after! haha :o

Ughhhh, I hate that feeling so much too, horrible!!!! Wont put me off trying it once anyway :D

Advertisement