Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

tomissex wrote: »
    The foil method is probably the easiest way.

You don't even really need the foil. I cut up round cotton wool pads into quarters, soak them in polish remover and place a quarter on each nail.

Just squash them on and they'll stick to the nail polish ... leave for about 90 seconds and then slide off. Most of the polish will come off and you just have a little bit of clean up fter.

The foil is annoying and far too much effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Orlee wrote: »
    You don't even really need the foil. I cut up round cotton wool pads into quarters, soak them in polish remover and place a quarter on each nail.

Just squash them on and they'll stick to the nail polish ... leave for about 90 seconds and then slide off. Most of the polish will come off and you just have a little bit of clean up fter.

The foil is annoying and far too much effort!
    i do the exact same thing! never tried the foil method but i'd say it would get awful annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Speaking of foil.... cannot wait for oct 6th for barry m foil polish to be in boots!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Barry M? Foil? Boots? October?

Eeeeeeeeeee!!!

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Speaking of foil.... cannot wait for oct 6th for barry m foil polish to be in boots!!
    :D my boots havent even gotten the sally hansen complete manicure polishes yet. its useless!!! thankfully the pharmacy near it does and they only cost €6 there.
    never tried any of the shatter polishes but i really want one so i can do the rainbow nails
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXzMB9nXgNNIrvlNu0L2Pk1Q9JMpXXZ3yt1kW21DDytBKD3P2tqg
    (taken from donotrefreeze.com)

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    :D my boots havent even gotten the sally hansen complete manicure polishes yet. its useless!!! thankfully the pharmacy near it does and they only cost €6 there.
    never tried any of the shatter polishes but i really want one so i can do the rainbow nails

Ohhh I want to try these rainbows!! Do they not have any barry m's or isa doras or even that crackle polish they sell in penneys?

Ohhh I want to try these rainbows!! Do they not have any barry m's or isa doras or even that crackle polish they sell in penneys?
    they have barry m i think in a few different colours but the boots stand got assaulted the last day with their 3 for 2 offer so it was empty when i went in :p

they have barry m i think in a few different colours but the boots stand got assaulted the last day with their 3 for 2 offer so it was empty when i went in :p

aww no, but then again i do love that boots offer haha:D but i must resist it for nail polish reasons.... but make up i could go for:D got a fab new lipstick along with my barry m hexograms polish the other day

Loving this thread so much ... lots of ideas and I love checking in every day :) I'm glad there's more people out there as mildly obsessed as I am!

Been a while since I've bought anything but went a bit mad today ... Sorry it's a bit image heavy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYkVX2jTp_arkW6-Rg-wNnCHpgmaM1sJ8zTpXVHQy253dODKbY2SNOepnl
    Essence Express Dry Drops

nailoftheweek.jpg
    Essence 62 Must Have

NZ+E.jpg
    Essence 60 Fateful Desire

time-for-romance-2.jpg
    Essence 72 Time for Romance

Essence_Always_Hippie_02.jpg
    Essence Always Hippie

IMG_2082_large.JPG
    Essence Blue Addicted

Random holos from Hairspray in dundrum. First one is super holo!
    NailPolish_43_s.jpg

NailPolish_19_s.jpg

Loving this thread so much ... lots of ideas and I love checking in every day :) I'm glad there's more people out there as mildly obsessed as I am!

Been a while since I've bought anything but went a bit mad today ... Sorry it's a bit image heavy

Essence Express Dry Drops

Essence 62 Must Have

Essence 60 Fateful Desire

Essence 72 Time for Romance

Essence Always Hippie

Essence Blue Addicted

I have the blue addicted and that holo from hairspray is ah-may-zing! Time for Romance...i tried to resist it but after seeing tht picture O_O

• Advertisement

that red is amazing Orlee! where did you buy the express dry drops? they sound awful handy to have around! i hope it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tinacam

Just wondering if anyone knows where i could buy the essence nail stampy set in ireland or online?? have the bundle monster plates and some konad , and id like to see if the essence were any good, think there polishes are fab and have a serious addiction to nail polish !!!
    Loving this thread, cant believe i have not seen it before!!!

got all the essence stuff in McCabes in Dundrum (except the Always Hippie)

The express dry drops really worked ... manicure almost 100% dry in a minute! Have the red on at the moment - It's gorgeous, I'll take a pic anc post tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i tried to post the fruits of my nail polish spree yesterday and could NOT link the pics correctly! can someone remind me how to put in pics please (linking from photobucket)? then i'll add the pics.

For now, I'll just say I got:
    Barry Ms 'Raspberry' -a dark maroony purple
    No.7 "Dollar" dark, sparkly forest green
    Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for nails that split
    Sally Hansen French Manicure duo
    a 5-way nail file block
    Angelica black shatter polish (my first try, love it!)

I've always kept my nails shortish and painted them nice colours but have started growing them and want to get more creative, so I also bought a skinny painbrush, and today have ordered the Konad stamp with two image plates.. was watching a ton of youtube vids on them, seem awesome! cant wait to get them!

need to learn how to file my nails though, never have before!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

http://www.barrym.com/products/product.asp?id=164

they're available online already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

i need a good top coat to stop bubbles. has anyone tried sally hansen insta dri or kis treatments multifast 3 in 1? they are fairly dear so i need to know if they are any good before i buy them!

I use Sally Hansen insta-dri and it's amazing, I don't know how I managed without it. Well worth the money, and lasts ages.
    Are the more expensive brands worth it? I tend to buy Rimmel, I fell out of the habit of doing my nails but I'm getting back into it.

There are excellent brands available now that are even cheaper than Rimmel. Catrice, Essence, NYC - you can see loads of swatches on this thread, so being a nail polish addict doesn't have to mean that you only buy expensive brands!

Those Barry M Foil Polishes are also available on ASOS.com for €5.12 each - I don't have a local Barry M stockist so I get all mine on Asos. (free delivery to Ireland too, woohoo!) http://www.asos.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Foil-Effects-Nail-Paint/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1837083&cid=5607&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=3&clr=Silver+foil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Forgot to put my pic in! Won a bottle of Chanel Graphite a few weeks ago and have been wearing it on and off since, it's gorgeous. No picture I took could capture the colour properly, here's one from beauty redefined's blog that shows it up lovely.

chanel+graphite+2.jpg

http://www.barrym.com/products/product.asp?id=164

they're available online already ;)

Thanks for the info! Still think i should wait til they're in the shops, bought too much polish lately so need a break haha:P Although i shall b popping in mc cabes today to get those instant dry drops by essence....

Thanks for the info! Still think i should wait til they're in the shops, bought too much polish lately so need a break haha:P Although i shall b popping in mc cabes today to get those instant dry drops by essence....
    i'm so jealous right now :o hopefully i might be aboe to get some online. if i smudge my nails i get so annoyed i just take it all off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It's funny - I wasn't keen on Barry M in Peach Melba at all when I first tried it but it is becoming a firm favourite for me now! I am currently painting my nails with it.

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    It's funny - I wasn't keen on Barry M in Peach Melba at all when I first tried it but it is becoming a firm favourite for me now! I am currently painting my nails with it.
    :D i still havent put it on after the last time. i dont trust it yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

:D i still havent put it on after the last time. i dont trust it yet :P

I have a new thing for really pale nail varnishes! I used to be all about the reds and darker colours in general but I'm kinda falling for pastels! :)

Novella wrote: »
    I have a new thing for really pale nail varnishes! I used to be all about the reds and darker colours in general but I'm kinda falling for pastels! :)
    i love pastels. i'm surprised they are still in the shops. usually they get rid of them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Green is Starboard by CG with essence matt top coat and the pink is Traffic Jam by CG174976.jpg

wearing Catrice Lucky in Lilac tonight. 2 coats and its perfect. my first ever purple :eek: its very nice.application was perfect. dried quickly. will post pictures tomorrow :)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQJ5r5YpFo0IzQk4VsM-C_aww4A1SpBT_fe750Jtmw2vNsrPlplQ

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

A couple of recent pics. First pic is The Edge "Tahiti" with Orly "Haute Red" accent nail (it looked a bit less the same as the other nails in reality). Second pic is The Edge "Prague". Love this one for the colder months. All are 2 coats with Seche Vite top coat.

EB1907DB0B524D7ABA034C1B29C5D9ED-0000345177-0002504255-00500L-83A42BA5A5164B59A2CE526EECE8DDAE.jpg

2059FB3EC2724AA4A2089366FB513729-0000345177-0002543913-00500L-7C29DA21688C4736968DA13FD99C52B5.jpg

Also ordered 6 China Glaze nail polishes online today. I have never tried China Glaze so I'm excited to get them! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Also ordered 6 China Glaze nail polishes online today. I have never tried China Glaze so I'm excited to get them! :)

Where did you order them from? I haven't seen them on sale anywhere and would live to check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I got the china glaze nail polishes here: http://www.8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/cg-c.htm

Most of them are $3 each. The shipping is weird - they don't tell you the cost when you order but invoice you for it after. However, they say you can contact them if you want to know the shipping before you place the order. I emailed them yesterday and they said for Ireland shipping (USPS Global Priority) is:
    1 bottle to 6 bottles = $16.00
    7 bottles to 12 bottles = $32.00

That's why I got 6 bottles and it worked out to $35.06/€25.44 in total. You can also buy them on ebay.

Sorry now this will have a few links it it but sure :D

From left to right: Westside Warrior, Concrete Catwalk, Traffic Jam, Skyscraper, Urban-Night, CG in the City.

Urban-Night with flash, two coats.

Index finger: Skyscraper. two coats. looks real nice in reality and I'd say a third coat would be fab. Middle finger: Traffic Jam, Love this! Flash again.

Index finger: Westside Warrior, Middle finger: Concret Catwalk. Both two lovely creams.

Two coats CG in th ecity. have three coats now which is a must and I'll post later with it layed over Urban-night.

Where'd you get your CG stargirl.gra?

• Advertisement

Oh dear lord .... these two are lethal!!! The fumes from the polish gave me an awful headache and I swear I could taste it!

Not good :(

Advertisement