Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I usuallly get mine from salon services but I got the half metro collection from http://www.mbeautylounge.com/nailpolish/. Each bottle says was $4.85 with $17.28 for shipping so Glitterbug def got a better deal. How long was your delivery glitterbug? have you used the company before?

does anyone here do their own gel nails that they just learned to do themselves? does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I usuallly get mine from salon services

What's their story --- I was in there twice.

First time I bought CG no bother, second time (same woman) and I was asked for a trade card and sent on my way?

Yeah you need a trade card to shop there. the odd time you would be allowed in there without but i think up the country they do retail shops like in limerick? maybe i'm wrong. I have a trade card. so handy coz on vat free days u can get cg and opi for 5euro a bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

According to their website, the Salon Services on Drury St is a type S store - Trade and Retail Customers Welcome -

In fact, the only one in Ireland that seems to be trade only is the one in Robinhood Industrial Estate.

Next time the assistant says it's trade only, perhaps you could draw their attention to the website, and suggest that it be corrected if it is wrong!

http://stores.sallyexpress.com/
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I only ordered yesterday and it was my first order so can't comment on the shipping times. I've seen them mentioned on blogs/youtube vids from time to time so felt safe enough ordering from them.

Regarding salon services, I also thought you needed a trade card to shop there. They don't always bother to ask for it though. If asked, I think you'll usually get away with saying your sister etc is trade and asked you to pick up the stuff for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

catrice lucky in lilac swatch :) two coats,no top coat. its a bit blurry but it shows the colour perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

musical.x wrote: »
    catrice lucky in lilac swatch :) two coats,no top coat. its a bit blurry but it shows the colour perfectly.
    That looks really pretty!! Nice one to have in the collection for sure:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

This....

24fmyvo.jpg

aaaand this...

2s9et7n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hey guys, here's a deal on them stamping kits for anyone who is interested in getting them cheap :)

http://www.dolideals.ie/team.php?id=105&referer=http://www.dealpage.ie/

I tried to do Dita Von Teese hald moon nails at the weekend, came out like pokeballs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Golden stripes

I did this before with blue! Ever since I started doing designs on my nails they look unfinished with just one colour on them! Haven't had them all one colour without some kind of pattern in months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hey guys,

Just wondering who was it that posted a photo of their accent nail in a glittery polish? I am sure the glitter polish was Katy Perry O.P.I and the other nails were a pink colour?

I have looked through this thread and cannot find that particular post/photo :(

Would appreciate any help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Wearing this today - China Glaze Grape Pop :D (picture from AllLacqueredUp).

china-glaze-grape-pop.jpg

I bought 4 of those glittery Angelica polishes yesterday when I was in Penneys :o At least they're cheap I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

003-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

I got bored this evening :o

Lighter shimmer green near the tops of the nails: Barry M 23
    Middle green strip: Rimmel I <3 lasting finish 260 Green Grass
    Dark green on the tips of the nails: H&M polish Envy Me

Essie - Going Incognito

http://static.lacquerwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/DSC01924.JPG2.jpg

I got this on eBay after seeing Twee's post, can't wait to get it.
    This arrived today, lovely colour, gorgeous for the Winter.

Quick question for those who have it too, is yours thick-ish or watery?

Mine is kinda watery, but still gives an even colour/coat. I got mine on eBay and just worried it might be fake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Help where can I get those essence glitter polishes? They are fabulous they look like a Deborah lipman dupe. I tried the local essence stockist but no joy :(

On the plus side my essie wedding collection and chinchilly arrived today :D

Hey guys,

Just wondering who was it that posted a photo of their accent nail in a glittery polish? I am sure the glitter polish was Katy Perry O.P.I and the other nails were a pink colour?

Wasnt me was it swatching the cg metros?

Wasnt me was it swatching the cg metros?
    Nope, just checked, wasn't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Help where can I get those essence glitter polishes? They are fabulous they look like a Deborah lipman dupe. I tried the local essence stockist but no joy :(

On the plus side my essie wedding collection and chinchilly arrived today :D
    Saw them in Penneys in town yesterday and in Dunnes in Maynooth last week! I imagine most places will be getting them in soon enough if not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

does anyone here do their own gel nails that they just learned to do themselves? does that make sense?

I'm doing a gel nail course at the moment. I'm not self taught. Is that what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Hey guys,

That was me... pink essence nail polish with opi katy perry accent nail... you've a good memory! :) Page 61, post #906

That was me... pink essence nail polish with opi katy perry accent nail... you've a good memory! :) Page 61, post #906

Thank you so much, you're a star! :D

I'm doing a gel nail course at the moment. I'm not self taught. Is that what you mean?

Yeah i mean like anyone bought the supplies and taught themselves from youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

v8o1lg.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah i mean like anyone bought the supplies and taught themselves from youtube?
    I'm tempted to get the UV lamp and gel polish/top coat kit in argos that promises '14 day chip free nails' but I fear it's too good to be true. :o

I don't think anyone here has tried it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Currently have Midnight Moonlight - Jessica Geleration on. Its on 2 weeks, so has started to grow out.

geleration.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Sorry I didnt think it would come out quite so large and do not kno how to resize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Audrey_L wrote: »
    That looks really pretty!! Nice one to have in the collection for sure:)
    it really is. looks great even after two days of constant use. cant wait to try out the rest! might pop into town and get more in the pharmacy tomorrow :P just in case they decide not to sell them anymore :D

Posy wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get the UV lamp and gel polish/top coat kit in argos that promises '14 day chip free nails' but I fear it's too good to be true. :o

I don't think anyone here has tried it. :confused:

Right I got the set in argos today i was jus too darn curious. here's the fruits of my labour. first ever attempt. intersting as I can see how it's done now and where to improve after trying. and i dare say im not gona leave this plain now. think il do a glittery french!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/175218.JPG

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/175219.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement