Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Right I got the set in argos today i was jus too darn curious. here's the fruits of my labour.
    Ooh- nice nails, wow! :D

What set did you get? :confused:
    I'm sooo tempted to get one. I've often spent well over an hour doing my nails with a variety of polishes/glitters only to have it chip within a couple of hours. I'd like to see the fruits of my labour last longer than a day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I got the 58 euro one. The uv gel nails set. As far as i can see the only difee between that and the 100euro one is the lamps power. I figuered if they are doable at home i could invest in better lamp in future. Cant wait to try some glitter gels and incorporate some of my fimos in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Attempted to do the half moon manicure. I used natural collection in Winter Moon and No. 7 in Betty Blues.

I love it, need to refine the method but I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Bought this in about 7 colours yesterday!!

25rfdat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today I bought Barry M in Mint Green.

mint_green_high_res.jpg

Hmm, doesn't look like that IRL. I will post a pic when I paint my nails which will probably be tomorrow or Friday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Novella wrote: »
    Today I bought Barry M in Mint Green.

Hmm, doesn't look like that IRL. I will post a pic when I paint my nails which will probably be tomorrow or Friday. :)

This post inspired me to paint my nails this colour last night :D It's a nice pastel green, and like most other Barry M pastel shades, it's a three-coater.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Hey girls, how do you use the crackle glaze polishes??

Ive put on colour one (glossy pink), waited for it to dry then painted the crackle effect over..do I do more than one coat of the crackle? It doesnt look like any of yours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

LadyE wrote: »
    Hey girls, how do you use the crackle glaze polishes??

Ive put on colour one (glossy pink), waited for it to dry then painted the crackle effect over..do I do more than one coat of the crackle? It doesnt look like any of yours :(
    no you are only supposed to use one coat. maybe yours is a different brand that might not crackle as much! you could have put your coat on too thinly or too thick either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Did an Autumn-inspired mani yesterday using Essence "Spicy" as a base, then dabbing on various bronze/copper/green polishes:

autumnmani.jpg

Then today I got this gorgeous glitter polish from China - ordered it on eBay on the 12th, got it today, it reminds me of the Deborah Lippman polishes. There's a Happy Birthday dupe on their page from what I can see, for the grand total of $1.99 I think it needs investigating! Tried it on one nail:

glitterpolish.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Did an Autumn-inspired mani yesterday using Essence "Spicy" as a base, then dabbing on various bronze/copper/green polishes:

LOVE this! I did more gels today. This time on my sis with OPI (i think) big red apple.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/175466.JPG This is an example of her hand before.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/175468.JPG And after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hey,

I'm on the hunt for three OPI / Katy Perry polishes and wondered if anyone knew where I could get them (online) where I won't be charged a fortune on shipping.

I found TOTGA and TD on Amazon.com but shipping is €16. :eek:

I am looking for Teenage Dream, The One That Got Away and the Navy Shatter.

Would appreciate any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Then today I got this gorgeous glitter polish from China - ordered it on eBay on the 12th, got it today, it reminds me of the Deborah Lippman polishes. There's a Happy Birthday dupe on their page from what I can see, for the grand total of $1.99 I think it needs investigating! Tried it on one nail:

Ahh! I must have it! Any chance you can post the seller? It's hard to find a reliable one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Hey,

I'm on the hunt for three OPI / Katy Perry polishes and wondered if anyone knew where I could get them (online) where I won't be charged a fortune on shipping.

I found TOTGA and TD on Amazon.com but shipping is €16. :eek:

I am looking for Teenage Dream, The One That Got Away and the Navy Shatter.

Would appreciate any help.

Millies.ie have The One That Got Away and Navy shatter for €9.95 each. Shipping is €2.99 but you'll have it in a day or two.

Millies.ie have The One That Got Away and Navy shatter for €9.95 each. Shipping is €2.99 but you'll have it in a day or two.
    Do you know of anywhere that has them cheaper than that?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Do you know of anywhere that has them cheaper than that?:o

Had a look at my usual online beauty shops there and those polishes are all sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

[/IMG]
    Can you link me to where you bought that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Teenage Dream.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPI-Nail-Polish-KATY-PERRY-TEENAGE-DREAM-K07-5oz-/140605440339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bcbcc153#ht_1220wt_954

works out at, what, around a tenner? btw I haven't ever used this seller but their feedback's good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

kerash wrote: »
    Can you link me to where you bought that please?

me too please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Eviledna wrote: »
    Ahh! I must have it! Any chance you can post the seller? It's hard to find a reliable one...

Absolutely, I got it from this seller: http://health-beauty.shop.ebay.ie/Health-Beauty-/26395/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=bigkeyboard&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282 if I'm allowed to post a link? If it has to be snipped, message me & I'll tell ye :)

This is the polish I got: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140567055404&Category=45205&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_5961wt_1029 Mine's number 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

My China Glaze polishes arrived today from http://8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/cg-c.htm The shipping was fast - I only ordered Sunday so they were shipped Monday at the earliest and arrived today, Thursday from New York. They were mostly $3 and shipping was $16. Total for the 6 of them plus shipping was $35.06/€25.44.

404F3A45E5E04B0B8B89CE35C5CAA5CD-0000345177-0002553763-00640L-6F9AEF7338F3457F854BBC1FF8A20A2A.jpg
    From left to right: Laced Up (creme), For Audrey (creme), Spontaneous (creme), Ruby Pumps (glitter), Fairy Dust (glitter), Black Mesh (crackle)

• Advertisement

Wearing Rimmel London Cranberry Zest now, love the smell of it :D

Photo from this blog http://nikkisnailcreations.blogspot.com/2010/09/rimmel-lasting-finish-fruity-cranberry.html

nails002.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just a note- I love Rimmel nail polishes but when I wore the Rimmel 'I Love Lasting Finish' with a good base coat in the colour 'Green Grass' (a colour I thought was fab!) it badly stained my nails yellow.
    It was so bad that the discolouration just had to grow out of my nails over the course of a month or so. :(

Not to put anyone off, but just a warning. :)

Wearing NYC MoMa now.

3coatsflash.jpg

Photo from Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Posy wrote: »
    Just a note- I love Rimmel nail polishes but when I wore the Rimmel 'I Love Lasting Finish' with a good base coat in the colour 'Green Grass' (a colour I thought was fab!) it badly stained my nails yellow.
    It was so bad that the discolouration just had to grow out of my nails over the course of a month or so. :(

EXACT same thing happened to me with that polish :( My nails were ruined after it.

Bought this in about 7 colours yesterday!!
    how much are they? i seen them yesterday but they had no prices for them listed anywhere :confused:

The started peeling today, and by tonight, it had peeled of a full nail and the tips of others.

I guess I can't complain for €1.29 though.

The started peeling today, and by tonight, it had peeled of a full nail and the tips of others.

I guess I can't complain for €1.29 though.
    thats still pretty bad! its a nice polish but that would really get on my nerves.

musical.x wrote: »
    catrice lucky in lilac swatch :) two coats,no top coat. its a bit blurry but it shows the colour perfectly.
    just an update: lasted 7 days without any chips and very little tip wear (barely noticeable) all without a topcoat. really happy with this. removal was amazing too! didnt spread everywhere and took less than 5 mins to take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Weeze

Yeah i mean like anyone bought the supplies and taught themselves from youtube?
    I'm tempted to get the UV lamp and gel polish/top coat kit in argos that promises '14 day chip free nails' but I fear it's too good to be true. :o

I don't think anyone here has tried it. :confused:

I bought the Argos gel kit and found it ok for starting out doing gel nails,the lamp is only 9watt and professional ones are 36watt so even the time for curing they give you in the set makes the gel hard I'd recommend giving the final coat an extra 2-3 mins per hand, to really set it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I have I Love Lasting Finish 'Double Decker Red' and 'Hot & Spicy' and I love them both, really solid colours - even with only one coat the colour is great and opaque/solid.

I bought Purple Pulse in the range last week and Im SO disappointed with it - the first coat looks like purply water, the second is not much better and the 3rd fills in some bits more solidly but overall the nail looks awful and blotchy and some see through bits and some not. Massively disappointing, I was really hoping for another great solid colour from the range.

I guess the moral of the story is - try the tester - which I didnt.

Advertisement