Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I never had that problem Rimmels Green Grass :confused:

I'm actually on my second bottle of it :o

Bought:

BarryMMintGreen.JPG

Barry M mint green

and

barrym-silver-02.jpg

Barry M silver foil on ASOS just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Rimmel's green grass also stained my nails yellow!

Have to find another green next time I paint ninja turtles on my nails :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

wearing catrice "jade is not my name"
    its a nice colour. it bubbled a bit on the thumbs but i'm not bothered by it tbh.
    i'll pop up some pictures during the week :)

Wearing Catrice Clay-ton my hero today. Perfect beige/nude colour for my skintone. Put two coats on on Wednesday with a seche vite top coat and spent yesterday working and only have minor tip-wear. Love it. Makes my hands looks really clean and tidy.

Catrice+Clay-ton+my+hero+2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Photo338.jpg

I'm actually a bit embarrassed showing my hands 'cause my cuticles are so horrible at the moment! :o Anyway, this is Barry M in Mint Green. This is after 3 coats and a fourth wouldn't even go astray! I find it quite watery in consistency so am unimpressed, but with effort, I do like the colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I just ordered OPI Save the Nail, OPI Lites to Dark mini collection and Seche Vite from www.lookfantastic.com!! So excited, I can't wait for them to arrive!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Putting this on now,

MUA / Make Up Academy shade 12

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=26799425
    ^ photo from Google.

Without Flash

Screen+shot+2010-04-26+at+19.42.49.png

With Flash

Screen+shot+2010-04-26+at+19.42.59.png

^ photos from this blog http://thatspeachy.blogspot.com/2010/04/116-notd-mua.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

Hi girlies! Just popping in to ask a quick question. Having neglected my nail polishing for quite some time I have recently gotten back into it (although on a budget that at the moment doesn't stretch much further than Essence and Catrice :(). However I am trying to get myself a good top coat, I am prepared to shell out the €€'s if it is worth it, and although I don't exactly work in a job that is hard on my nails, I do find them chipping without too much difficulty. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to invest in some other polishes and this thread has given me so much inspiration and ideas to try when I am a bit less financially embarrassed!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

terlywerly wrote: »
    Hi girlies! Just popping in to ask a quick question. Having neglected my nail polishing for quite some time I have recently gotten back into it (although on a budget that at the moment doesn't stretch much further than Essence and Catrice :(). However I am trying to get myself a good top coat, I am prepared to shell out the €€'s if it is worth it, and although I don't exactly work in a job that is hard on my nails, I do find them chipping without too much difficulty. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to invest in some other polishes and this thread has given me so much inspiration and ideas to try when I am a bit less financially embarrassed!! :P

That Nubar top coat I mentioned is the job. :D Stuff makes my nail varnish impervious to smudges,chips,peeling etc for uslaully 6/7 days. By then I wanna change my colour anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I want to try some of those fimo (?) sticks you slice up for manicures. Can anyone recommend an eBay seller?

• Advertisement

Got bored and did this manicure this evening.

The black is MAC Nocturnelle, the only black I have, not mad about it. It's grand on the tips but doesn't look great on the full nail.

Have a regular pink/peach base coat under it and Seche vite on top :) Quite like the look of it :)

004-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I've been using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri now for a few weeks as a top coat, I find it fantastic. There are other Sally Hansen ones, I've only had good experiences with the brand so I'd recommend them. I do have an Essence Quick-Dry Topcoat that was only a couple of euro and it definitely improves the staying power of polish. You also can't go wrong with the old reliable, Seche Vite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Not having luck with nails today!! I keep messing up the polish on the ring finger on my left hand - on the fourth go at it now >.< And I just knocked over the bottle of nail polish remover on my desk and like half of it spilled!

On a similar note, has anyone ever found that Seche Vite doesn't work so well after a few months? I've found it pretty useless the last few weeks, and I'm not doing anything different to what I did when I had it first (found it brilliant then). If it does end up like that, I really don't think I could be bothered getting another bottle - mine is only about 1/4 used, and it's quite expensive.

Also, found an Essence polish similar to the new Barry M silver foil polish in Dunnes earlier. It's so pretty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Hi, I got the Nails Inc Caviar base coat and fast dry top coat in a duo pack for €10.45 in Boots Stephens Green and it was in the 3 for 2.

I'm just getting back in to painting my nails thanks to this thread and your great photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Bought a couple of new nail varishes during the week, heres some pictures! Don't mind the mess I made, I did clean them up afterwards, I was just letting them dry first :)

IMAG0033.jpg
    Nail Paint by Barry M, 273 Rasberry

IMAG0037.jpg
    Gosh, 595 Miss Sweety

IMAG0041.jpg
    Special Edition Gosh, 008 Berry

***Admins please move this to the nail polish thread, didn't see it when I posted, thank you :)***

Wearing Nails Inc Malibu Cosmo now, love this colour :)

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMalibu%2BCosmo.jpg

Nails%2BInc%2B-%2BThe%2BCocktail%2BCollection%2B-%2BMalibu%2BCosmo%2B1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm wearing Revlon Facets of Fuchsia today - I think it's been posted a few times so I won't repeat the pics. God it's gorgeous :) I can't stop looking at my nails. Needs a topcoat though - I haven't got one on and some of the larger glitter pieces have flaked off. But even with that I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

rain on wrote: »
    I'm wearing Revlon Facets of Fuchsia today - I think it's been posted a few times so I won't repeat the pics. God it's gorgeous :) I can't stop looking at my nails. Needs a topcoat though - I haven't got one on and some of the larger glitter pieces have flaked off. But even with that I love it!

I was the same last week when I was wearing it! I kept looking at my nails thinking they were so pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

catrice Jade is not my name picture:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Got this Essie nail varnish today "Angora Cardi" Can't wait to try it:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiSohchJSOxv-ZVZ3yOKWHlfkiY-ova51p8GXVbTaBY_vxPWDP (not my picture)

And after being really clumsy with nail varnish remover the last while (I just keep knocking it over:o) I got the Zoya one because it has one of those little pump tops. It's refillable so I can just keep putting cheap stuff in it!:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5L5PFMwU9zVF11F2bBp3CUIgNQ5I6aUvKhux3cheMcTfm6MSU3A

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

And after being really clumsy with nail varnish remover the last while (I just keep knocking it over:o) I got the Zoya one because it has one of those little pump tops. It's refillable so I can just keep putting cheap stuff in it!:D

Can I ask where you got that? I'm looking for one of those types of bottles and can't find them anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Can I ask where you got that? I'm looking for one of those types of bottles and can't find them anywhere!

Of course! I should have added the link in the original post!

I ended up buying it off amazon as all the sellers I found on ebay were usa based and the shipping was ridiculous for it. This one is uk based so much cheaper!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoya-Nail-Polish-Remover-8oz/dp/B002G9C4ES/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317156626&sr=8-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is it just me or does anyone else find that Catrice polish peel very easily?

I find it takes 2/3 thin coats and a topcoat that will stop the peeling. I had that too with a couple of catrice polishes before I started doing thin coats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

NOTD: Purple (my attempt at a gradient-type-thing) nails with glitter topcoat. Polishes: Barry M Indigo, Catrice Plum Play With Me, China Glaze Senorita Bonita. Topcoats: W7 Blue Diamonds & Essence Space Queen.

PurpleGradientNailswithGlitter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

misspiggy.jpg

Leopard print foils over Catrice 'Miss Piggy Reloaded'

This lasted really well up until I spotted the corner of one foil was up in work on a boring Friday and got obsessed with peeling them all off, dope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

So ASOS are having a 2 day sale (sorry for telling you this)... went a bit mad...

OPI Don't Mess With OPI
    Opi_Texas_Collection_Dont_Mess_With_Opi__5_oz_.jpg

OPI I Vant to be A-Lone Star
    OPI+I+Vant+to+Be+A+Lone+Star.JPG

Essie Bright Tights
    essie+brighttights.jpg

Essie Turquoise and Caicos
    Essie-Turquoise-Caicos-225x300.jpg

Got some other bits that I'll post in latest cosmetic purchases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Hey guys, I've been looking at this thread since it started and I have a question, how do you guys keep your nails up to speed with your clothes? Sometimes I will wear an 'out there' colour and love but by tomorrow I have to wear something else and the nails look out of place.

I don't have all the time in the world to paint and repaint so I usuallye end up sticking to boring nude pinks and classic bold or darker cherry red ...help! What are your go to polishes that are in your regular rotation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Thanks for that, tomissex! Now I'm gonna buy some Essie from Asos! :)

Advertisement