Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

dazey wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been looking at this thread since it started and I have a question, how do you guys keep your nails up to speed with your clothes? Sometimes I will wear an 'out there' colour and love but by tomorrow I have to wear something else and the nails look out of place.

I don't have all the time in the world to paint and repaint so I usuallye end up sticking to boring nude pinks and classic bold or darker cherry red ...help! What are your go to polishes that are in your regular rotation?
    hey,
    i just wear what i like when i like :) i dont see the need to match clothes with your nails. plus if you go for colours that are on "trend" then if doesnt matter if they dont go with your clothes.
    just go wild with your nails!!! thats whats so great about nail polish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

Thanks for the tips guys, will definitely be investing in a good top coat one of these days, can't stand the constant chipping after only a day or two. This is what I've been wearing the past few days :) (sadly not my nails or photo)
    sally+hansen+the+real+teal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this today

NYC Fashion Ave Fuchsia

NYC007.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hey guys, I've been looking at this thread since it started and I have a question, how do you guys keep your nails up to speed with your clothes? Sometimes I will wear an 'out there' colour and love but by tomorrow I have to wear something else and the nails look out of place.

I don't have all the time in the world to paint and repaint so I usuallye end up sticking to boring nude pinks and classic bold or darker cherry red ...help! What are your go to polishes that are in your regular rotation?

I actually tend to wear a lot of muted colours clothing wise, so it's fine for me to have colourful nails. Today my nails are mint green but my clothes are just black and cream so my nails add some colour. :)

I do change my nail colour about 3 times a week though, and if I'm doing something special and aren't too sure what I'll be wearing but need to paint my nails in advance, I do have a few staples. These are :

rimmel-lycra-pro-nail-polish--ruby-me.jpg

^ Rimmel - Ruby Me. (I think a red nail goes with everything, maybe I'm wrong!)

Barry%20M_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

^ Barry M in Grey and in Mushroom.

Probably a few others, but I can't think of 'em off the top of my head! Overall though, I don't mind a clashing nail!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Got seche vite top coat today and my god am i impressed with how fast it dries!!! Since i've gel nails my nails arent chipping at all now so I dont know how good it will be to protect normal nails from chipping?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Got seche vite top coat today and my god am i impressed with how fast it dries!!!

coinky-dink! I got seche-vite in the post today, love how fast it's dried & also the seriously shiny (almost candied looking) finish to it. Smells a little poopish though

Oh yeah the shine too is to die for i cant stop looking at my nails plus i paid 5.85 plus vat for it so beats the 15euro in boots:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Hey,

I'm on the hunt for three OPI / Katy Perry polishes and wondered if anyone knew where I could get them (online) where I won't be charged a fortune on shipping.

I found TOTGA and TD on Amazon.com but shipping is €16. :eek:

I am looking for Teenage Dream, The One That Got Away and the Navy Shatter.

Would appreciate any help.

I picked up an Essence polish today that looks to be a dupe of Teenage Dream - sparkeliscious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

tomissex wrote: »
    So ASOS are having a 2 day sale (sorry for telling you this)...

Thanks tomissex ... just purchased these ;) Can't wait for them to arrive, haven't tried any of the brands except Essie!

Nails Inc I Can Paint A Rainbow Mini Collection
    NIN0124full.jpg

Essie Bermuda Shorts
    nc0187.jpg

Paul & Joe Bon Bon
    Paul_Joe_Nail_Enamel_Limited_Edition_Summer_2011_Bon_Bon.jpg

Pixi Rich Grape
    image1xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I don't have any "go to" polishes exactly - I just paint my nails with whatever I'm in the mood for and change it either when I'm sick of it or it starts to look chippy :) If you don't have the time to do all nails, or you need to stick to neutrals for work, you could use a nude shade all over, then a different colour/glitter/arty accent nail. Or, an accent thumb nail. Or, a matt topcoat one day, or a crackle topcoat, or a glitter topcoat, or french tips in a contrasting colour. You don't have to paint all 10 nails every day to have a week of different looks! E.G. If you have red nails on Monday, add a french tip on Tuesday. Make it matte on Wednesday, add an accent nail on Thursday, a shatter or glitter topcoat on Friday. <-- a 5-day week of nails without removing polish!

Well I'm obviously not obsessed with this topic at all.... ;)

• Advertisement

I want to try some of those fimo (?) sticks you slice up for manicures. Can anyone recommend an eBay seller?

If you're still looking for fimo I got mine from here, got 100 canes plus a blade for about €4 & free p&p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

In the last few weeks I've noticed the nails on my index fingers, and occasionally my middle fingers, splitting and breaking really easily. My diet is quite good and I take a fish oil supplement, so I'm inclined to blame this on day-to-day wear. I'm always at the computer so excessive typing probably plays a part!

Can anyone recommend a strengthening nail polish/treatment I could use? For the past week I've just been using clear nail varnish in the hopes that it would provide some kind of protection, but to no avail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

If you're still looking for fimo I got mine from here, got 100 canes plus a blade for about €4 & free p&p

Thanks MissFlitworth. I actually ordered some from that seller the other day and got the mail today to say they'd been shipped. Woo! :)

jokettle wrote: »
    In the last few weeks I've noticed the nails on my index fingers, and occasionally my middle fingers, splitting and breaking really easily. My diet is quite good and I take a fish oil supplement, so I'm inclined to blame this on day-to-day wear. I'm always at the computer so excessive typing probably plays a part!

Can anyone recommend a strengthening nail polish/treatment I could use? For the past week I've just been using clear nail varnish in the hopes that it would provide some kind of protection, but to no avail :(

Andrea plasmaspeedo on youtube recommends taking Bioin as a supplement for less flaky chippy nails. My own experoence i've never had great nails but I'm taking folic acid now and I must say my nails are stronger and peel and flake less!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Did my first trip to a Sallys today...

Pics are not mine but these are what I got...
    s.jpg
    Nina Ultra Pro - Emerald City

21UGZPpXAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    China Glaze Fairy Dust

tumblr_lghqpm0TE51qgfm26o1_500.jpg
    China Glaze Avalanche

oh i love getting packages, staying in tonight pretty much solely to play with all of this & do my nails & perve on China Glaze polishes I want

nailart-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

oh i love getting packages, staying in tonight pretty much solely to play with all of this & do my nails & perve on China Glaze polishes I want

Wow thats quite a haul of goodies! Make sure you post the results of your playtime!! :D

see the striping tape you got there, let me know how you get on with it. I found mine lifted off my nail and fell off and i had put quite a layyer of topcoat over it!
    Nice haul though. Ebay?

I put this on today, it's not as pink in reality as it is in the pic. It is a pink, but a dark pink, not bright/hot pink like in the pic.

I put it on about 3pm today and noticed some chipping already :mad: I haven't done anything out of ordinary so don't know why they are chipping so quick, needless to say it's very annoying!:mad:

• Advertisement

see the striping tape you got there, let me know how you get on with it.

I shall report back!

Haul is from a chinese nail art shop, originally got some stuff from them on ebay and my package had a little flyer directing me to their cheap-as-chips shop (all the stuff I got cost $13 including postage and I got a lot) and I've never looked back since. They own my soul at this stage

Ooh can you pm me the link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

rimmel-5-in-1-nail-care-10337138.jpeg

Absolutely incredible. I didn't get any chipping at all on my Barry M Mint Green and I put it on days ago. Love this.

Ooh can you pm me the link please?

done :)

done :)

Thank you!!! :D

Oh and one more thing, how long was shipping on your items? I've made an order!

Oh and one more thing, how long was shipping on your items? I've made an order!

It took about 7 days to get here for this order, they ship with a tracking number as well so you can keep an eye on it. I think they're running with a bit of a delay at the moment cos there's a national holiday on, I saw something out of the corner of my eye on the site about nothing shipping till October 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Orlee will you post a picture of bermuda shorts by essie on your nails. Dying to see what it looks like. It look damn good in the bottle! :D

Orlee will you post a picture of bermuda shorts by essie on your nails. Dying to see what it looks like. It look damn good in the bottle! :D

Will do ... just got an email from Asos saying my items have arrived to An Post in Portlaoise ... I know they're good a shipping but I only ordered on Thursday!!!

Love getting parcels :)

Got this Catrice eyeliner brush today, didn't get anything else by them though, I was being rushed around by the mammy so didn't get to look at their stand
    properly :(

cat_gel_eyeliner.jpg?w=530&h=291

• Advertisement

Got this Catrice eyeliner brush today, didn't get anything else by them though, I was being rushed around by the mammy so didn't get to look at their stand
    properly :(

I bought 2 of those brushes ... 1 for eyeliner and one for nail polish clean up

Just have to make sure not to mix them up!!!

Advertisement