Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing Rimmel London Sky High now.

It's a lovely colour, looks a bit strange on my hands though, guess I'm just not used to it, I usually wear red/pink/purple, need to get used to wearing a green polish lol.

Application was nice, it's a thick polish, you'd get away with two coats, but I applied four for a really intense colour.

Pic from Google Images

Rimmel+-+Sky+High.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm wearing Essence In Style today, just threw it on in a hurry last night and it's OK but after the last few weeks of glitter and shatter effect polishes it's a little dull tbh!

instyle1.JPG
    (not my pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

The only thing that worries me about acetone is apparently it heads directly to the liver or something when absorbed. It just puts me off and then the liver cannot break it down or something. Lol maybe i need to look that up before i post eh!

That's interesting, never heard of that before. A quick google yielded this article

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Acetone

Seems to be long term exposure that's most problematic and they haven't proven any of these effects in humans. Still though, with the smell of polish / remover and a cursory glance at the chemicals in the ingredients...I guess we do strange things to our bodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kandr10 wrote: »
    That's interesting, never heard of that before. A quick google yielded this article

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Acetone

Seems to be long term exposure that's most problematic and they haven't proven any of these effects in humans. Still though, with the smell of polish / remover and a cursory glance at the chemicals in the ingredients...I guess we do strange things to our bodies!

yeah thanks for posting that there I really should have looked it up before posting I'll just never forget I used work with alchol in a factory and a friend of mine who just finished her phd (this week as it turns out) in chemistry always says to me be careful with skin contact of raw alcohol and acetone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

bought this today just for nail art and stuff :) half of the ones in boots are dried up so i was lucky to find a decent looking one.
    [Embedded Image Removed]

noticed miss sporty have a crackle polish in black and blue out now. any one tried them? its 4.95ish€ which is a bit dear for them so i'm wary of buying them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I have this set I bought in Boots last Christmas... The colors are (left - right) Totally Teal, Milan 70, Temptress, Rose Truffle 76, Betty Blues. I just put on Betty Blues and I think it's the only good one in the whole set. I really dislike No. 7 polishes in general, will never buy again!

IMG_2903.JPG
    pic from google

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Off with In Style and on with No 7 Jammy! :)

10_thumb1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

IMG_1234.jpg

Couldn't wait to play with it :o

Chanel Rouge Noir.

Two coats with seche vite on top, really even coverage, and actually quite glossy without the topcoat too :)

I really love the colour, love it for this time of year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Was gonna buy that Models Own nail art pen in Boots today. Has anybody used it, and if so, what did you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Novella wrote: »
    Was gonna buy that Models Own nail art pen in Boots today. Has anybody used it, and if so, what did you think of it?
    I have yet to try it but on terms of singular nail art pens I have tried the claire's accessories ones and they are really good:) Good quality stuff! Hope someone can fill you in on the models own version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Emailed these guys ages ago and got a reply this week
    Should clarify any Sally Salon Services confusion ... WHOOP!

Next time that horrible lady tells me I can't buy without a trade card I'll be quoting Melanie at her!

Forwarded message
    From: Dublin City, Store <DublinCity.Store@sallybeauty.com>
    Date: Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    Subject: RE: Drury Street Query
    To: ORLEE

Hi,

I don’t know if you got an answer last week but yes we are open to general public as well.

Have a good day,
    Melanie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Catrice 'Marilyn & Me', bought because I really, really want 'Ruby Pumps' but can't justify a $16 shipping charge on a $3 bottle of polish just yet. 3 coats & seche vite on top. The pic (and bobbly jumper) does not do it justice, it almost looks like a foil on, a beautiful, shiny candied red

nails.jpg?t=1318346944

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Photo328.jpg

Barry M - Cobalt Blue with an accent of Essence - Blue Addicted (think I saw this in this thread and had to buy it!)

I really like this blue colour though, think it'll become a new favourite of mine. Also have a Collection 2000 top-coat on.

(Yes, I am wearing a onesie...)

Thanks to the wonderful Purplebobbin & her ebay recommendations both ruby pumps & doll from ChinaGlaze are winging their way to me right now-
    excira!
    china-glaze-ruby-pumps.jpg
    polishaddict.com

tu.jpg
    bodyandsouldbeauty.com

(jaysus I am spamming this thread!) Got bored last night and blinged up my nails a little

dallabill-1.jpg

Bit silly because I know tonight I will get bored again and take the whole shebang off!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

So sorry for the crappy quality! Can't take a pic of both hands, and I can barely take a pic of my right hand :pac:

177806.jpg

177807.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ Your nails are class Princess Peach!!

Bought Revlon Top Speed Polish in Cloud earlier (got to pay for it with my Boots advantage card points too, so no money spent! :D). It's my first Revlon polish (apart from a set of minis my mum got me when I was about 10 :P), so hopefully the consistency etc is good.

small-5138.jpg

It's a little bit more purple toned IRL though. Going to put it on now :)

Picked these up today in my local Salon Services.

OPI - Senorita Rose Alita

5569206309_9407372a3a_b.jpg

China Glaze - 108 Degrees

china-glaze-108-degrees-nail-polish-swatch-island-escape-summer-2011.jpg

China Glaze - Traffic Jam

China-Glaze-Traffic-Jam.jpg

China Glaze - Stella

china-glaze-stella-retro-diva-nail-polish.jpg

China Glaze - Tempest

img1101x.jpg

Boots - Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener - cost €11 so I hope it's good.

sally-hansen-miracle-nail-thickener_12112010133516.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^
    china glaze traffic jam is my favourite! it looks lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Wearing Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Honeymood Red.

It's a bit too pinky for me though.

DSC02590.jpg

bought the Miss sporty Crack me up in black. its way nicer than i thought it would be! glad i got it.
    its €3.95 and you can buy it in black and blue. its cracks really well. i'll post a picture later. i only have it on my thumb as its destined for greater things in next week's mani :D

Novella wrote: »
    i think its really over priced. you can buy the stargazer ones for 2.50 or €3 but €9 for the models own is awful!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Barry M in Strawberry Icecream... Then with added Rimmel Matte Top Coat and a glittery accent nail with Models Own in Juicy Jules

6241287624_2a46fe26c7.jpg6241298628_e53de8c593.jpg

Nails Inc in Orange Street with Butter London in West End Wonderland on the accent nail

6241308946_c5921b90c0.jpg

Catrice Hip queens wear blue jeans-2 coats and one coat of miss sporty crack me up in black on the thumbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Purple_Bobbin.. can you let me know what the China Glaze Stella is like when you use it please? I absolutely love the colour, its so shiny :D:D

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Purple_Bobbin.. can you let me know what the China Glaze Stella is like when you use it please? I absolutely love the colour, its so shiny :D:D
    I will indeed.

I am going to try it on my mammies hand later tonight, will try get a pic if she lets me :pac:

I have Traffic Jam on at the moment, not sure if I like it though. It doesn't look like the pic I posted :(

Great thanks its a fab colour and there's a Sallys not too far away from me ;):)

• Advertisement

I have Traffic Jam on at the moment, not sure if I like it though. It doesn't look like the pic I posted :(

Aww thats a shame its an amazing colour in the photo!!

Advertisement