Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

China Glaze's Ruby Pumps. This is so, so pretty especially with a coat of seche vite on top. Hard to tell from the photo but it's just pure microflecks of ruby coloured glitter in a red varnish, shiny enough to be a foil when you have it on. A couple of people actually grabbed my hand this weekend and asked me what the polish was, that doesn't normally happen!

rubypumps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Picked up this colour scandal - bikini green

I love it! :)

Gonna attempt black nails with kitty paw prints for howloween! :)

Any tips on what I should use for decent nail art. I don't have any konad stamps or anything!

ajkryq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Any tips on what I should use for decent nail art. I don't have any konad stamps or anything!

There's a nifty beaut.ie tutorial on using a biro and any nail varnish to do polka dot nails

http://beaut.ie/blog/2010/beaut-ie-how-to-polka-dot-nails/

I'd say you could turn them polka dots into paw prints handy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

nails-1.jpg

This is Nails inc in Fashion Fawn (the one that came free with a magazine in Summer) and I put a glitter polish over it. Its one I picked up for just €3.50 in Claire accessories and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Thanks to MissFlitworth, I have just ordered 4 pretty China Glaze polishes from ebay:

108 Degrees
    Senorita Bonita
    Polar Ice
    Ring in the Red

china-glaze-108-degrees-nail-polish-swatch-island-escape-summer-2011.jpg

China-Glaze-Senorita-Bonita-Swatch.jpg

th2.jpg

China-Glaze-Ring-In-The-Red.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For what it's worth, BrandAlley are having an Essie & Seche sale at the moment. I've never bought either brand, so I don't know if the prices are competitive or not (also P&P needs to be factored in).

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Hope it's ok to quote this pic cos it's my own and also I got it today!!! Ridiculously good day for me, got my china glaze ruby slippers & dollhouse in the post this morning (thanks again PurpleBobbin, that seller was fab). Then I was nipping into Sally's on Drury street to replace the seche vite I smashed on Friday night when I decided to do my nails after a bottle of wine (gah!! bad idea) and they had all the muppets polishes and loads & loads of new season stuff from OPI & China Glaze. Wouldn't normally spend anything like €12 on a nail polish but I feckin' love this

I went down town at lunchtime in the lashing rain to buy this! Very wet feet but at least my nails will be sparkly tonight.

Had a lovely run in with Bernie in Sally's as well. I think she's getting more contrary by the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

was practising my Hallo'ween nails, bit messy so seems I need more pratice)

ipa0jp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Has anyone got a picture of China Glaze Lubu Heels on? Saw it for under €6 on Beauty Emporium but don't want to get it if it's not nice, it looks brown in all the pics I can find online??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Has anyone got a picture of China Glaze Lubu Heels on? Saw it for under €6 on Beauty Emporium but don't want to get it if it's not nice, it looks brown in all the pics I can find online??
    **this is just a picture I found online. not my one**

184326f91129755d_CG_Lubu_heels3.preview.JPG

From this pic the base looks to definitely be black! It looks really nice actually - Eyeko Vampira Polish which I have is very similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Catrice Wrapped Around My Finger.

CatriceWrappedAroundMyFinger2.jpg
    Taken outside in natural daylight

CatriceWrappedAroundMyFinger1.jpg
    Taken inside with camera flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

**this is just a picture I found online. not my one**

From this pic the base looks to definitely be black! It looks really nice actually - Eyeko Vampira Polish which I have is very similar.

Ooh thank you!!! Every picture I saw looked yucky brown but it's described as black, if it's like Vampira I'll definitely get it :) Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a free Nails Inc polish free in the next Glamour magazine :D 3 different colours, all of which I'll be collecting!! It's out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Excellent tha ms Cherrycoke I will be keeping an eye out for that!!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Oooh! Any idea what colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Oooh! Any idea what colours?

Camel
    Red
    Cherry pink
    Dark brown

And they are all full size bottles

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

photo-5.jpg

Maybelline Flamingo Pink. So bright, like Barbie! It's the only Maybelline polish I have and it's very good, ha only chipped a little on the tops of nails and it's been on about 5 days. Sally Hansen topcoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Camel
    Red
    Cherry pink
    Dark brown

Can't wait :D plus I think the magazine is only around €3.50.. so I can collect them all!

Camel
    Red
    Cherry pink
    Dark brown

Oh cool! Want the cherry pink and red :D Nails Inc polishes are good, but quite dear usually so it's nice to have an offer like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i want to get the brown red and camel colours. i'll probably forget and miss them all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    i want to get the brown red and camel colours. i'll probably forget and miss them all :rolleyes:

Sure we'll remind you on here when they're out :)

The nail varnishes I ordered came today yay :D The Orly polish bottles are huge - 18ml of polish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

So yeah, I decided to do a test run of my halloween nails....although I won't be using the green. I just wanted to test it out! :)

20tj5nk.jpg

Scandal nail lacquer in green (someone in the scandal polish name office got a sticky bun for the original name!

Diana Manacure (no name) black for little kitty paws.

I used a ball point pen for the kitty paws which aren't the best but I'm really proud of them for a first attempt! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing M.A.C Wonder Woman in Spirit Of Truth now. Love this polish.

5474198601_5cf7288028.jpg

Photo from Google Images.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

oh dear there should be a warning or something for this thread i just found this page and i now want to go and raid alot of shops for varnish my collection is at about the 4 to 5 mark need more

now i know what to ask for for christmas:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wearing M.A.C Wonder Woman in Spirit Of Truth now. Love this polish.

Me too - it's a great colour and applies really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Does anywhere know I can get magnetic nail varnish? Hopefully in Galway or an online shop that accepts laser. I'm dying to try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

LisaRoy wrote: »
    Does anywhere know I can get magnetic nail varnish? Hopefully in Galway or an online shop that accepts laser. I'm dying to try it!

Is there a Boots in Galway? I saw it in Boots in Limerick the other day. It's their own brand "17".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

halloween.jpg?t=1319655383

My Halloween nails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Rimmel - Black Cherries

I got this on ASOS.com for €2.99. The brush is great, it makes the polish go on really easily and it dried very quickly.

6284059516_97dc64a789.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Sure we'll remind you on here when they're out :)

QUOTE]
    awh thanks a bunch!:)
    So yeah, I decided to do a test run of my halloween nails....although I won't be using the green. I just wanted to test it out! :)
    :)
    thats adorable!!! its subtle but it works so well. i like the green with it too though :p
    tomissex wrote: »

My Halloween nails :D
    thats really good! did you use nail art pens for the designs?
    Rimmel - Black Cherries

I got this on ASOS.com for €2.99. The brush is great, it makes the polish go on really easily and it dried very quickly.
    i love that colour! its so pretty. it looks great on long nails too and its not "in your face" like other polishes

Advertisement