Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Oh definitely! I have an exam on wednesday so no time to do nails so i'll be ...."rocking" chipped halloween ones. However once Decemeber comes i will be rocking the christmas nails!! Well until new years id say:D
    haha yeh after that people might begin to talk :p good luck with your exam!!!
    i'll probably paint mine tomorrow night...to get me through the long days at college :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Finally got a chace to try out my stamping kit. I don't think it came out too bad for a first attempt!

2lkw3ua.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

rainbow-connection-opi-nail-polish.jpg

Ordered this online yesterday. I have never been so excited for a nail varnish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

mwx9Yl.jpg
    Halloween Nails

Halloween Nails
    what polishes did you use? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Found this thread 2 months ago and now have an addiction to nail polish! I've been taking photos of my nails but am only just uploading now so there's quite a few pics.

nails inc. jermyn st with free black crackle effect topcoat and nails inc. caviar topcoat
    6299643528_ca0de09f70_m.jpg

boots 17 supreme shine wicked - loved this - great shine and it really lasted.
    6299110445_22884c6f66_m.jpg

free purple haze polish - did like the colour even though it isn't very purple but.....
    6299110679_ff0a441c57_m.jpg

it chipped so fast! And wasn't easy to apply.
    6299110913_a2bdc183ec_m.jpg

maybelline express finish bleu canard 865 - loved this. Easy to apply (even though I got those nasty bumps) and it lasted pretty well.
    6299644696_4f139c81eb_m.jpg

boots no 7 oyster 120 - nice colour, easy to apply but started chipping after 1 day. Gr!!
    6299111807_a1436cd570_m.jpg

catrice iron mermaiden - I think this is my favorite - lasts well and reminds me of one of my first polishes from topshop. The photo doesn't do it justice - it's more iridescent with purple/silver/green in RL.
    6299646168_8501ec10c4_m.jpg

elf berry pink with catrice prism effect topcoat
    6299647364_89c00ea5fa_m.jpg

w7 graphite with cg fast dry topcoat - only needed one coat really as it's quite thick (I made the mistake of adding 2 coats) and it dries pretty fast. Put this on today.
    6299648128_b4edfd9d14_m.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mac's Mean & Green from the Venomous Villains collection. Looove this colour so much, it's bronze, purple and green, depending on the light!

fnboed.jpg

4jb60h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Barry M - Dusky Mauve. None of my photos do this polish justice but this is the best one out of over twenty!

6300212558_b11ba5e46b.jpg

And it is a good dupe for Chanel Paradoxal...

chanel-paradoxal-comp-3.png

(Image from the excellent lacquerized.com)

musical.x wrote: »
    what polishes did you use? :)

They're both Isadora.
    Glamour white (649) on bottom, with Black Tag Graffiti (801) on top.
    Came out better than any other crackle glazes I've used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing Essie Going Incognito now. Love the colour, odd for me as green isn't a colour I normally like.

essie_winter007.jpg

Photo from Temptalia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Barry M - Dusky Mauve. None of my photos do this polish justice but this is the best one out of over twenty!

(Image from the excellent lacquerized.com)

That is a really impressive dupe. Can't believe I don't own this already, it's right up my street! Gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Won this off the back of a cereal packet today, how cute is it? I'm giving my nails a break for a few weeks but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

317049_2306118767144_1074523351_2489801_219298564_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got these on eBay.

OPI Navy Shatter

sonia-kashuk-smoke-and-mirrors-opi-navy-shatter-swatch-nail-polish.jpg

OPI The One That Got Away

opi-the-one-that-got-away-swatch-katy-perry.jpg

Photos from All Lacquered Up

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Thank you so much for showing us this one! It's incredible, can't believe I've never noticed it before....off to asos with me!:pac:

rain on wrote: »
    Won this off the back of a cereal packet today, how cute is it? I'm giving my nails a break for a few weeks but I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    i cant see it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Couldn't be bothered with hassle of removing glitter based polish so instead put even more glitter over it, smart! Looking forward (typing this in a whiny sarcastic voice) to spending a quarter of an hour with my fingers wrapped in tinfoil later to sort this out. On plus side though my nails are as tacky as fireworks right now & my inner magpie is v. happy

fireworksnails.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i cant see it :confused:

Here's another picture - not mine:

Nails+Inc+Special+K.JPG

The Glamour magazine/Nails Inc polishes have arrived.

Turns out they are full size bottles of Nails Inc colours, not special edition ones as I had thought.

I got Victoria (one of my favourites) and Basil St, a nice nude-y colour.

6308276653_7d23e16773.jpg

Turnout they are full size bottles of Nails Inc colours, not special edition ones as I had thought.

I got Victoria (one of my favourites) and Basil St, a nice nude-y colour.lightbox?id=6308276653

Just came on here to post the same- I got picadilly circus, it's gorgeous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

booboo88 wrote: »
    I think I have some of the zeitgeist....im not a fan, ill have a look, if i can find it ill send it on to you?

I have found the zeitgeist one if you want it?

• Advertisement

Just came on here to post the same- I got picadilly circus, it's gorgeous :D

Yeah it's a lovely. I think I want it too. :o

Anyone know what the red one is?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

The red one is Tate. I got it this morning. I toyed with getting all 4 of them but I have never used Nails Inc polishes before. I might get another if I see them somewhere but I'd they won't last long in the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ooh I'm definitely going to have to make a pitstop on my way home from college to get a few copies of Glamour :P Picadilly Circus, Basil street and Tate look lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I just applied Tate and I love it - great colour and coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just received some post today.

First is a Serena Williams edition OPI shatter set with Really Pretty Pink and Red Shatter (the two on the right, photo taken from All Lacquered Up)

opi-glam-slam-france-serena-williams-nail-polish-bottles.jpg

This is what the shatter should look like, hopefully

opi-rally-pretty-pink-red-shatter-swatch-serena-williams-glam-slam-nail-polish.jpg

My other purchase was China Glaze Lubu Heels (photo taken from Trailer Hood Chic). Love this shade - it's dark with a lovely red hint.

LH03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

rain on wrote: »

Me too! The lid is tacktastic but I absolutely love it!! :D

anyone know where to buy china glaze online? ebay dont have the christmas collection and i really need (ahem ;)) it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

This isn't much good to you but the website I bought China Glaze from recently now says "**China Glaze products are shippable in the US states only**" which sucks..

Turns out they are full size bottles of Nails Inc colours, not special edition ones as I had thought.

I got Victoria (one of my favourites) and Basil St, a nice nude-y colour.

Thanks for reminding me! Going to have a look tomorrow.

I'm wearing Ring in the Red by China Glaze today. Coverage isn't great, this is about 3.5 coats. It's glittery and sparkly though:D

RingInTheRed.jpg
    Image from Amarixe

Edit: I meant to say it took me about 3.5 coats for good coverage, I don't know how many coats the picture is!

• Advertisement

anyone know where to buy china glaze online? ebay dont have the christmas collection and i really need (ahem ;)) it!!!

I remember this place was recommended on this thread before (I can't remember the orignal poster) It's 8by8beauty.

China Glaze is $3 and it cost me $16 for shipping 6 bottles. I wouldn't chance anymore than 6 because of customs! Delivery was fairly quick and the bottles were well packaged.

Heres a link straight to the xmas collection:D
    http://www.8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/cg-d.htm

Advertisement