Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I remember this place was recommended on this thread before (I can't remember the orignal poster) It's 8by8beauty.

China Glaze is $3 and it cost me $16 for shipping 6 bottles. I wouldn't chance anymore than 6 because of customs! Delivery was fairly quick and the bottles were well packaged.

Heres a link straight to the xmas collection:D
    http://www.8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/cg-d.htm

I think I was the original poster but that's the place I was just saying no longer delivers outside of the US. Forgot to put the link in sorry.

I remember this place was recommended on this thread before (I can't remember the orignal poster) It's 8by8beauty.

China Glaze is $3 and it cost me $16 for shipping 6 bottles. I wouldn't chance anymore than 6 because of customs! Delivery was fairly quick and the bottles were well packaged.

Heres a link straight to the xmas collection:D
    http://www.8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/cg-d.htm

I think I was the original poster but that's the place I was just saying no longer delivers china glaze outside of the US. Forgot to put the link in sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Who is on the cover of Glamour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Kristen Stewart

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

I think I was the original poster but that's the place I was just saying no longer delivers china glaze outside of the US. Forgot to put the link in sorry.

:( That's such a pity, I only ordered a few weeks ago. We'll have to find somewhere new!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

musical.x wrote: »
    anyone know where to buy china glaze online? ebay dont have the christmas collection and i really need (ahem ;)) it!!!

http://8ty8beauty.com/ but shipping is a whopping $16 (for up to 6 bottles) [edit: dammit just read all posts, didn't realise they didn't ship outside the US anymore, the last time I was onto them in September they did & it's still on their info page so might be worth emailing them]

If you have a Sallys anywhere near you they should have it! The one on Drury St in Dublin does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

bought this today. i forgot how small the bottles were :eek:
    nails inc victoria:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmgDBoTidAcnlnOYgtjnV6_wjK3rhGb_Itd5CKIYxezW7H_cEk

Ya I think they must have stopped shipping internationally only very very recently. I had actually been checking back on the site for the last week or so waiting for a certain china glaze colour to come in to stock and unless I was blind and missed it I think the message only appeared in the past maybe 3 days.

Shipping was expensive @ $16 alright but if you got 6 bottles it broke down pretty good and the overall price per bottle was only €4 something which I was happy with. I ended up buying 3 china glaze nail polishes on ebay instead and they were €5 something, €6 something and €7 something each so was def cheaper on 8ty8beauty.

Hopefully someone else can tell us somewhere else to buy from.

http://www.beautyemporium.ie/category_s/60.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=60&show=10&page=3 they sell china glaze. they will be getting the rest of the christmas collection in 2 weeks :)
    has anyone tried them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

http://www.beautyemporium.ie/category_s/60.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=60&show=10&page=3 they sell china glaze. they will be getting the rest of the christmas collection in 2 weeks :)

I've ordered off them twice. Delivery was very quick, got the stuff the next day! Also, did you buy the Victoria polish? Because that exact one is free with Glamour (I got all four yesterday :o 4 for the price of one usually, I couldn't resist!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

http://www.mbeautylounge.com/nailpolish/ this is where I got my china glaze. The delivery wasn't really fast maybe 2weeks? But it got here no problems and well wrapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've ordered from them before, took about 10 days before I received my item though as they dispatched about a week after I ordered.

Picked up the following in town today

Sally-Hansen-No-More-Breaks-Odzywka-wzmacniajaca-zabezpieczajaca-paznokcie-przed_Del,images_big,25,074170262490.JPG

Nails Inc Piccadilly Circus (free with Glamour magazine).

P1040163.JPG

Photo from Click and make-up

Essence Do A Floating Pirouette

Essence+Numero+04+Do+a+Floating+Pirouette+-+1.JPG

Photo from Miss Verniz Blog

Boots - Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener - cost €11 so I hope it's good.

http://kitchenroll.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/sally-hansen-miracle-nail-thickener_12112010133516.jpg
    Have to say, this is useless, for me anyway.

Did absolutely nothing for my nails at all. Waste of €11, least it can be used as a base coat.

Hopefully the 'no more breaks' will be good.

I've ordered off them twice. Delivery was very quick, got the stuff the next day! Also, did you buy the Victoria polish? Because that exact one is free with Glamour (I got all four yesterday :o 4 for the price of one usually, I couldn't resist!).
    yeh i got it with the magazine! i wouldnt pay 12€ for them. i think i'll order the nail polish next week. next day delivery would be handy :) do they pack the polish well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Got Nails Inc. Victoria free with Glamour - there were only TWO copies left in the entire shop! Today I'm wearing After Eight by Catrice:

catriceaftereight.jpg

Dupe for Chanel Black Pearl, y'all:

Chanel-Black-Pearl.jpg

Pic from vampyvarnish.com

yeh i got it with the magazine! i wouldnt pay 12 for them. i think i'll order the nail polish next week. next day delivery would be handy :) do they pack the polish well?

They have them wrapped in bubble wrap. It's delivered through regular post too, not courier. Maybe I just got lucky with the delivery as I live near Dublin though, seeing as Purple_Bobbin seems to have had a different experience!

They have them wrapped in bubble wrap. It's delivered through regular post too, not courier. Maybe I just got lucky with the delivery as I live near Dublin though, seeing as Purple_Bobbin seems to have had a different experience!
    as long as they are well packed i dont mind too much :)

my nails this week. its a bit messy but it came out decent enough for my first go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

my nails this week. its a bit messy but it came out decent enough for my first go :)

I love these! Great job x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I bought the four Glamour mags to get the four free polishes (crazy I know) it still works out cheaper instead of buying the polishes on their own...

YYe88l.jpg

Was told by another member about this rocking set that's in TK MAXX at the minute.. OH treated me as I was sad over bits that are happening. It's gone down from 105.00 to 26.99 so works out as under 2.60 a polish!!

R4PoMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Oh that TKMaxx set is gorgeous!! :eek:

• Advertisement

I love these! Great job x
    awh thank you :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Searched everywhere earlier for essence matte topcoat only to return empty-handed :( only to find out it's discontinued argh! Can anyone recommend an alternative for cheaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eviledna wrote: »
    Searched everywhere earlier for essence matte topcoat only to return empty-handed :( only to find out it's discontinued argh! Can anyone recommend an alternative for cheaps?
    I have an Essence Matte top coat which I don't use any more. I've used it about five times. If you want it, you are welcome to have it. I can post it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Pigsback have another Konad deal on. €16 for €32 worth of goods. (3 polishes, 2 image plates, scraper and stamp in a pre packed set.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I have an Essence Matte top coat which I don't use any more. I've used it about five times. If you want it, you are welcome to have it. I can post it to you.

Ah purplebobbin that's really sweet of you to offer! :) would you believe I found it today before I spotted this, got it at a snap of €1 in a discontinued pile in a local pharmacy. But lovely thought, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Currently wearing Shorts Story by OPI. Love hot pinks!

opi-shorts-story.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Today I got Nails Inc. Basil St. with Glamour. Only got the one because I've never used Nails Inc, before and didn't know how it would apply. It went on really well so I'll be getting the other shades. Just hope that they won't be sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Got some new Essence nail poilshs and couldn't decide which to try first:) Most are one coat but the yellow took 4 coats to look anyway decent!
    wsra00.jpg

Got some new Essence nail poilshs and couldn't decide which to try first:) Most are one coat but the yellow took 4 coats to look anyway decent!
    what are the names of them?
    yellow is always difficult to work with but that one is quite nice :)

• Advertisement

I really like the green one orchidsrpretty!! What is it called?

I may have bought more polish when I was in Boots :o (pics from google images).

17 Fast Finish polish in Fury:

17+Nail+Polish+Fury+Flash.jpg

And 17 Fast Finish in Sulk:

12-17-boots-cosmetics-nail-polishes-sulk%25255B4%25255D.jpg

I saw both used in NOTDs on Dottie K's blog, and I had to get them! Do any of the rest of you read nail/beauty blogs? I like Do Not Refreeze and Scrangie as well :)

Advertisement