Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm always on the look out for some beauty/nail blogs to follow. I'm constantly checking NailNerd

Message boards/forums are great ways for finding blogs. Beaut.ie and Makeuptalk.com have great posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I love the polishaholic best and like her on fb. Im friends with some of the youtube girls on fb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just bought Orly Fowl Play on ebay.

Love flakey nail varnishes!

6272531688_97885ef031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Pythia wrote: »
    Just bought Orly Fowl Play on ebay.

Love flakey nail varnishes!
    hmmm that is quite nice..... was it dear? ;) i havent used any polish by that brand yet :)

musical.x wrote: »
    hmmm that is quite nice..... was it dear? ;) i havent used any polish by that brand yet :)

It was about 8 euro including delivery from USA.

• Advertisement

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm always on the look out for some beauty/nail blogs to follow. I'm constantly checking NailNerd

Message boards/forums are great ways for finding blogs. Beaut.ie and Makeuptalk.com have great posts.
    I love the polishaholic best and like her on fb. Im friends with some of the youtube girls on fb too.
    ye should check out "i haz a beauty blog" :) its asphyxia's nail blog (she used to be a member here) Audrey L's blog "the nail affair" is great too. she has amazing nails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Nails Inc in Basil St (free with Glamour magazine)

6319336276_3cf52b7d24.jpg

Please excuse my once again stained cuticles. I spent the afternoon making icing roses and the food colouring won't wash off! :o

6319338606_d194f0946f.jpg

Edit: whoops forgot to say the pink heart is a slice of a fimo nail art cane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

ye should check out "i haz a beauty blog" :) its asphyxia's nail blog (she used to be a member here) Audrey L's blog "the nail affair" is great too. she has amazing nails :)
    I noticed she wasnt around, what happened?

booboo88 wrote: »
    I noticed she wasnt around, what happened?
    someone sent some messages to her that werent very nice i think :( its a shame because she is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

someone sent some messages to her that werent very nice i think :( its a shame because she is lovely.

What? Why on earth would someone do that!

• Advertisement

thats terrible, i was wondering what happened cuz i liked reading her posts

What? Why on earth would someone do that!
    i know right! people are such idiots sometimes.
    thats terrible, i was wondering what happened cuz i liked reading her posts
    me too. she's so helpful like. she posts on her blog like everyday which is amazing. she just started the 30 day challenge too so i stalk her page everyday :D

i know right! people are such idiots sometimes.

me too. she's so helpful like. she posts on her blog like everyday which is amazing. she just started the 30 day challenge too so i stalk her page everyday :D

can you pm me a link? i cant believe people can be so nasty to her though:(

can you pm me a link? i cant believe people can be so nasty to her though:(
    PM sent :)
    me either like. but i suppose people love to hide behind the internet and act little total idiots. they think they are great but we all know they are pathetic. i'm glad she kept going with her blog.

PM sent :)
    me either like. but i suppose people love to hide behind the internet and act little total idiots. they think they are great but we all know they are pathetic. i'm glad she kept going with her blog.

Me too, but i hope she bloody reported them before she closed her acc.
    people are always bitchier behind a pc, they'd never say it to your face though:( it was the same years ago while i was on another site, one member set up another forum and set up an acc in my name, taking the absolute mick out of me, and my apparent stupidity

Me too, but i hope she bloody reported them before she closed her acc.
    people are always bitchier behind a pc, they'd never say it to your face though:( it was the same years ago while i was on another site, one member set up another forum and set up an acc in my name, taking the absolute mick out of me, and my apparent stupidity
    thats horrible! :eek: what an awful thing to do to you. karma always comes back around though so they will get what's coming to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

greenwithenvy.jpg
    Just putting this onto my nails now.Wouldnt usually go for this colour but decided to give something different a go.Needs 2/3 coasts for even coverage but I really like the brush.Oh not my picture.My nails are all stubby and different lenghts and with icky cuticles.

thats horrible! :eek: what an awful thing to do to you. karma always comes back around though so they will get what's coming to them :)
    ah twas years ago, just some sad people out there:)
    Just putting this onto my nails now.Wouldnt usually go for this colour but decided to give something different a go.Needs 2/3 coasts for even coverage but I really like the brush.Oh not my picture.My nails are all stubby and different lenghts and with icky cuticles.
    I had that nail varnish and gave it away, just couldnt get the coverage, even on 2nd coat, i lost paitence after than

Another Barbie esque pink arrived from Ebay today. Essie Knockout Pout. Pic from google.

essie_summercollection015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Pythia is that colour neon?
    Anybody else know of a good strong neon/glow in the dark varnish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Got some new Essence nail poilshs and couldn't decide which to try first:) Most are one coat but the yellow took 4 coats to look anyway decent!
    v
    what are the names of them?
    yellow is always difficult to work with but that one is quite nice :)
    They are: purple, 27-no more drama. Blue,55-lets get lost. Green,79-viva la green. Orange,22-what do you think? Yellow,55-mellow yellow.
    Would love to know how they come up with some of these names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Pythia wrote: »
    Another Barbie esque pink arrived from Ebay today. Essie Knockout Pout. Pic from google.

Wow that's gorgeous, it almost looks like Shellac!

Started the 31-day Nail Challenge on my blog today - may as well, I paint my nails every day anyway! Here's the red for Day 1 - Rimmel Lasting Finish, Exotica.

Day+1+Rimmel+Exotica+Flash+Comparison.JPG

Left - oustide, no flash. Right - inside, with flash. It's lovely, I'm sorry I haven't used it more to be honest, but I suppose that's the beauty of the challenge, you get to work your way through your stash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Bit of a rookie question, I've noticed that in all of the online pics many people stop painting the nail about 2mm above the cuticle. It seems a little empty to me, like they missed a bit. However I always paint down to the cuticle,even if it tops them a little, I can clean it with a cotton bud.

Is there a reason for this?

Btw I love the essence matte topcoat I bought, great with navy essence varnish, looks like this: (img from google)
    russiannavymatte1-300x236.jpg&sa=X&ei=i2C5TuPzB8PMhAe5xLGjBw&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHzS5HhMw6KNYg0FF_ZLNZngeztvA

It's got a bit of cream in it so I wouldn't say neon. I would try Essie Punchy pink or Orly Fancy Fuschia maybe. Have a google and see what the pics look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Eviledna wrote: »
    Bit of a rookie question, I've noticed that in all of the online pics many people stop painting the nail about 2mm above the cuticle. It seems a little empty to me, like they missed a bit. However I always paint down to the cuticle,even if it tops them a little, I can clean it with a cotton bud.

Painting too close to your cuticles is called flooding the cuticle. One, it looks messy and two, it can dry out the cuticle if you are constantly picking off excess polish or using remover on that delicate skin.

I used to always flood my cuticles but a bit of practice and I think I'm pretty good at doing a neat paint job now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Eviledna wrote: »

Btw I love the essence matte topcoat I bought, great with navy essence varnish, looks like this: (img from google)

Many beauty bloggers swatch that many nailpolish a day/week they don't see a reason to apply all polishes up to the cuticle. As long as you see the polish swatched and get the idea of what it looks like then there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks ladies, makes sense now, there's nothing more difficult to get off than dark polish engrained in cuticles!:)

Wow that's gorgeous, it almost looks like Shellac!

Started the 31-day Nail Challenge on my blog today - may as well, I paint my nails every day anyway! Here's the red for Day 1 - Rimmel Lasting Finish, Exotica.

Left - oustide, no flash. Right - inside, with flash. It's lovely, I'm sorry I haven't used it more to be honest, but I suppose that's the beauty of the challenge, you get to work your way through your stash!
    you now have a new blog stalker umm......follower :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Another good neon pink is Model's Own Bubblegum. It is seriously bright!!

SAM_0840.JPG

The only thing with neon polishes is they tend to dry slightly matte, so you will need to use a topcoat if you want a nice shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

you beat me to my 1st newbie question eviledna
    so now for my second:D

Can you nail-varnish-a-holics tell me if any of u are stay at home mums

I love polish but it never lasts a day with all the dish washing, nappy changing, hand washing routine.
    Am i doing something wrong?
    Have tried a lot of the polish mentioned on this thread and they all chip after the 1st day:mad:

Advertisement